No announcement yet.

The San Diego Chargers Will Falter in 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait not so fast cc sd, Jamal might not be returning! http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2010...diego-chargers

I have just become very sad.... personally I don't think that 2010 is going to be a down year, unless you think winning 10-12 games is a down year. If the Chargers have good draft this year, than I think they can still be a powerhouse. On another note I would just like to say that I think the Chargers are over valuing Sproles a little.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post

Jamal returning, I'm not so sure how much stock we can put into that. First of all he is due a huge bonus, and could in fact be cut. I doubt that happens, but it's a poss. Secondly I don't know if he will be as dominant as we need him to be. I'm definitely pushing for NT in the first round if anyone remotely worth taking is there. RB can wait til the 2nd.
      Originally posted by adrunkcow View Post
      Wait not so fast cc sd, Jamal might not be returning! http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2010...diego-chargers
      Hm, basically I am prescient. This sucks but hopefully Ian Scott returns and we draft a prime DT. This shouldn't change our draft plans.

As for being a down year...I don't know. My belief in Rivers/Gates/Jackson/Floyd is infinite. With a complete draft for the first time in forever, and probably no Cro, the defense will definitely be better. Running game can't be any worse. Bottom line is that we will win the division again and from there, who knows.

Comment

Yeah I would agree. My only concern is Floyd, who is getting older and is still injury prone, even though he did play every game last year. Rivers/Gates/Jackson are great and are going to be great for the next several years.

Comment

Jamal and the NT position

If Jamal comes back, it will be a more team friendly deal...and with the importance of the position, a team like KC might pull the trigger, and pay him more than the Bolts are willing. Both KC and Denver need NT's...and they know what a healthy Jamal can do. I say one of our competitors in the AFC West pays him.

My biggest question at NT is whether or not Vaughn Martin can become one...and I don't even know if our coaching staff is projecting him there. I noticed he has a 12 week recovery time for surgery, if he can put on 20-25 pounds maybe he can be the plugger we need.

If he is not the future at the position, its time to strongly consider Cody or Dan Williams if they are there.

Everybody else seems like 5 tech guys (Odrick, etc).

Anybody have any darkhorse middle round guys who could become a stud NT?

Comment

Originally posted by bergo23 View Post
            Our only potential weakness is special teams...with Osgood probably leaving, and Sproles.
            Well this was a little prophetic, but its been TONS worse than I ever could have imagined.

Comment

I miss RC3.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

sabf you just wish you had as many rings as mr davis! how many do the donkeys have? oh thats right less than the raiders!

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I wish I still had my PMs from him. Dude hated me. We had some hilarious exchanges.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by bergo23 View Post
                    Our only potential weakness is special teams...with Osgood probably leaving, and Sproles.
                    looooooooooooollllllllllllll nice call. Honestly is it that much of a stretch to say we would be undefeated right now if we had even average special teams play?

2 kr touchdowns
                    1 pr touchdown
                    massive yardage every single opponent return.

4 blocked punts, 1 'deflected' punt.

blocked extra point.

horribly timed missed field goals, Kaeding and Scifres both injured.

on our 5th long snapper of the season...

absolutely nothing in the return game from Sproles.........

mind numbing mistakes/penalties in every facet of special teams.............

5 losses, none by more than a touchdown???????

Comment

8-1 prolly

The St. Louis game is the only one that we couldn't blame on special teams.
                      I have NEVER seen anything like it...hopefully we get it fixed enough to find a way into the tournament.

We also have had multiple gaffes on KO return offensively with Sproles and Hester this last game.

I am hoping AJ picks up Jason Allen, loved him coming out of Vol country...and he is supposedly a ST ace.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information