No announcement yet.

San Diego Chargers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that we need an elite safety cause jamal still has at least 3-5 years left in this league and there is no point in drafting someone to sit for that long and groom. by now its obvious that the chargers are going to be drafting in the bottom 1/2 this upcoming year so i think that aj will go with bpa be it a safety, wr, ol, dl, or mlb.
    ]

Comment

I think you guys peg it pretty well that the Chargers' top 4 needs are a safety to go with McCree (Kiel's not cutting it), OG, ILB, and possibly a speedy WR. They've got some good young bigger WRs, but I would love to see a real small speedster that could potentially give them some help in the kick return game (because Turner might be gone).

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
        Have you guys been happy with Cromartie?
        There's no doubt he's shown the ability. He's a rookie and so we're not surprised by inconsistent moments. Still, he covered Torry Holt most of the game a few weeks back and really held him in check. Yesterday, he got absolutely torched on one of Chad Johnson's TD catches (our whole secondary got torched). Still, remember that we lacked Merriman, Castillo, and Shaun Phillips was banged up although playing (over 20 sacks among those 3). Our lack of a pass rush made it tough on our secondary.

Comment

Could anyone else see us taking a chance on Merriweather after round one? We've had lots of bad PR lately and this would be a somewhat controversial pick, but it fits with AJ Smith's high stakes draft philosophy, and he'd easily be the best player available at a position of desperate need after round one.
          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Merriweather

I think AJ would shy away from Merriweather, but if he is available in round 2 or 3, and we already have needs filled (WR, OL, ILB).....he would be an awfully tough player to pass up talent wise. I think McCree could keep him humble.

I just hope they get Griffin or Landry, and move up in the first to do it, cuz those guys don't come with questionable character issues. We need a replacement for Kiel that can cover well, McCree is a step slow and needs a compliment that can make plays in pass coverage.

Comment

PTI yesterday called PR best QB in the league beside Peyton.

Might be a bit early to call him that but I would be hard pressed to find 5 other QBs in the league that I want as my starter today.

And if we started the Rivers/Eli/Big Ben debate again, I don't think it would last three pages because there would be no debate.

Comment

Originally posted by marks01234
                PTI yesterday called PR best QB in the league beside Peyton.

Might be a bit early to call him that but I would be hard pressed to find 5 other QBs in the league that I want as my starter today.

And if we started the Rivers/Eli/Big Ben debate again, I don't think it would last three pages because there would be no debate.
                When you look at it he really hasn't had a bad game. His worst was probably the KC game, but even then he put the Chargers in a position to win in the end (except when he froze up a bit on the last drive, something I felt he more than made up for on Sunday).

That's one major thing he has over Brees, is that he's more consistent from week to week. Brees had games when he was on fire last year (Giants game, Buffalo game, Patriots game) and games where he really cost the team (last KC game, Denver game, Dallas game, Redskins game although LT saved his butt). For the most part, Rivers is steady from game to game. Oh, and Rivers is taller, gets rid of the ball faster, doesn't fumble as much, has a stronger arm, doesn't make as many bad desisions and is just awesome in every way 8)
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

^ yea I'm with you on Rivers over Brees. I don't want to throw Brees under a bus because he's great and we'd be very good with him too.

Rivers seems to have that mojo that makes you a winner. Down 21 points it takes a heck of a leader to round up the troops and get everybody on the same page. Rivers allows us to open up our offense some too and I think that has helped LT. Safeties now have to respect the deep ball at all times and that gives him a bit more open space to make his moves.

I really hope we can stay healthy going into the playoffs. There is no reason why a healthy Chargers team can't win it all. I'm just smiling thinking of the pressure we could put on old Peyton.

Comment

CASTILLO

Has anyone heard anything about if Castillo will be playing this sunday against the Broncos? He's still listed as questionable today.

Comment

Re: CASTILLO

Originally posted by hans3n
                      Has anyone heard anything about if Castillo will be playing this sunday against the Broncos? He's still listed as questionable today.
                      I heard he won't play.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

you people may have just surpassed oakland as my least favorite NFL team.

but congrats on the win.

Comment

I've been a Chargers fan for years and can't remember a bigger regular season win. This is the most talented and potentially the best Chargers team ever.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

wounded D

Not having Castillo and Merriman really killed us against the run, but this team is showing special ability to come back....this is what champions are made of.

Denver has a rough road at KC on Thanksgiving, then us in SD.

Hopefully we can get a kid to play back there with McCree, that is the one glaring weakness on our defense.

Comment

as bad as our offense was, i'm almost ready to concede the division to you guys, based on the fact that plummer was pathetic WITHOUT merriman in his face. i don't really want to see what happens with shawne in.

Comment

Speaking of McCree, how thrilling was it to see him come back after being carted off? One minute I'm thinking he's lost for the year, the next minute his mere presense has the defense playing with more confidence. Underrated moment. The momentum swing in the game had alot to do with McCree returning.
                                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information