No announcement yet.

How do we stack up in the AFC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does WR depth look like for this year...?

1. Vincent Jackson
    2. Eric Parker
    3. Craig Davis
    4. Malcolm Floyd
    5. Kassim Osgood

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      What does WR depth look like for this year...?

1. Vincent Jackson
      2. Eric Parker
      3. Craig Davis
      4. Malcolm Floyd
      5. Kassim Osgood
      I'd say the WR position's success will almost completely revolve around Vincent Jackson. If he picks up where he left off, we should be set there. He would then make a solid #1 target, leaving Craig Davis and Eric Parker in the #2 spot/slot. Now, Craig Davis is a rookie, so we cannot guarantee anything out of him, so he's still a question mark, but Parker has excelled, at least in the regular season, as a reliable option for Rivers, and was somewhat of a safety blanket for him. Floyd showed some big games last year (@ Cincy), and Osgood is a pro-bowl ST, but nothing to brag about as a WR. Also in the mix will be 5th rounder Legedu Nannee, who the Chargers are more trying to use as an H-Back.

There's a lot of question marks there, obviously its the least certain position on the offense. IF VJ plays well though, we have a pretty set #1 and #2 guy (Him and Parker), which would let Davis play in the slot, and learn more his rookie year. If he doesn't....we don't really have a surefire receiver anywhere...outside of Gates and LT that is.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
        I'd say the WR position's success will almost completely revolve around Vincent Jackson. If he picks up where he left off, we should be set there. He would then make a solid #1 target, leaving Craig Davis and Eric Parker in the #2 spot/slot. Now, Craig Davis is a rookie, so we cannot guarantee anything out of him, so he's still a question mark, but Parker has excelled, at least in the regular season, as a reliable option for Rivers, and was somewhat of a safety blanket for him. Floyd showed some big games last year (@ Cincy), and Osgood is a pro-bowl ST, but nothing to brag about as a WR. Also in the mix will be 5th rounder Legedu Nannee, who the Chargers are more trying to use as an H-Back.

There's a lot of question marks there, obviously its the least certain position on the offense. IF VJ plays well though, we have a pretty set #1 and #2 guy (Him and Parker), which would let Davis play in the slot, and learn more his rookie year. If he doesn't....we don't really have a surefire receiver anywhere...outside of Gates and LT that is.

The early buzz is that Davis looks impressive in OTA's, so that's a positive. Hopefully the extra competition improves the entire unit.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
          The early buzz is that Davis looks impressive in OTA's, so that's a positive. Hopefully the extra competition improves the entire unit.
          Yeah, by the end of the season I would like to see Davis emerge in the #2 role, letting Parker play the slot. I feel like as a #2 WR Parker is somewhat of a liability, but in the slot, he's a huge advantage-guy. Assuming everyone develops ideally, we're no longer looking like a team with a huge hole at WR....maybe we can get through a season without someone saying we need a #1 WR.

Comment

I've just looked into a crystal ball to discover the San Diego Not-So-Super Chargers are in for a major fall, and will make the Tennesee Titans look like world-beaters, I'm afraid. The team just won't be able to close games and it's all very painful, but the string of Top 5 picks in the next few years will ultimately allow them to finally reach the Super Bowl in 2013.

;)
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              I've just looked into a crystal ball to discover the San Diego Not-So-Super Chargers are in for a major fall, and will make the Tennesee Titans look like world-beaters, I'm afraid. The team just won't be able to close games and it's all very painful, but the string of Top 5 picks in the next few years will ultimately allow them to finally reach the Super Bowl in 2013.

;)
              ...So your saying....We're going to make a Super Bowl!?

Super Bowl XLVII Champs! Champagne all around boys.

;) We've waited since 95 to even get another shot at a Super Bowl...whats a couple more years..

Comment

I really shouldn't spoil this, but the absolute kicker is that it is Ryan Leaf's younger brother, Brady, who will lead the Chargers back to the Big Show!

:D
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  I really shouldn't spoil this, but the absolute kicker is that it is Ryan Leaf's younger brother, Brady, who will lead the Chargers back to the Big Show!

:D
                  Hey, c'mon save the spoilers...I wonder if Sammy Davis has any brothers who will make our secondary shutdown...:)

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                    Hey, c'mon save the spoilers...I wonder if Sammy Davis has any brothers who will make our secondary shutdown...:)

probably not... fool

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information