This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco 49ers Discussion

this is just my take and opinions on this season so far and I 'd like to see happen in the draft:

-trade down and pick up a 2nd and 4th rd pick in the 1st

1. wr -julian iglesias: would pair up nicely w/josh morgan since the depth is not very good and johnson is a fa after this season
    2.ot -alex boone: along w/joe staley he is a massive body and can help protect whoever will be playing qb next season since sf has already given up 19 sacks
    2. og - kraig urbik: ditto
    3. cb - brandon underwood: walt harris is 35 and a fa, s.spencer tore his acl and sf secondary gets burnt up more than a foreman grill. cb would be great here.
    4. olb - clay matthews: spikes,ulbrich are getting the ages and matthews can play in and out
    4. de - eric moncur: sf needs to place more pressure @ the line of scrimmage. this gives them a fresh body they can rotate in and out.
    5. qb - john parker wilson: smith is gone after this yr, hill couldent beat him out, and jto is playing like garbage. very low key qb to groom. its a very weak qb class.
    6. wr - mike thomas: in the shaun mcdonald mold. good pick for martz.
    7. c - alex fletcher: sf o-line is weak and beatup. the qb needs better protection otherwise sf will end up going thru quite a bit @ this rate.

Way to soon for me to predicting anything past the 2nd round with any accuracy but, here are the top 4 positions in order I think we should go after.

1 WR or OL
    2 OL or WR
    3 DE
    4 DB

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

It's not even halfway through the season. I don't think it's even reasonable to think about this. Discussing positions of need aren't even relevant at this point because we don't know who is coming back or who will get cut.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Well, this is a draft site ...
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
          Well, this is a draft site ...
          True but I think at this point it's more about rating prospects and not about who a team should take.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Yeah I know we are all used to our season being over at this point, but lets hold off on this right now. Knock on wood
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

The Niners or Cardinals will win the NFC West. We have a chance to take over 1st Place today. Let's hold off Draft talk and projections for a couple more weeks. Go Niners!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

u guys are right...let's hold off on wins like the one sf blew today as well right?

Comment

That's the 3rd Win they gave away/couldn't hold onto this year. What a joke.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    That's the 3rd Win they gave away/couldn't hold onto this year. What a joke.
                    no kidding

Comment

yea after today i think we can talk about draft stuff any time we want. i'd like to see us draft the monster NT cody from alabama. OT should also be priority, and then wr and qb. of course, you gotta draft by talent instead of by need. i still cant believe no desean jackson this year. yay balmer you look great out there

Comment

Though Balmer was a surprise, I'm not totally against the pick, nor am I regretful we didn't take Jackson in the 1st. It's always easier to fall in love with the skill position players as they are the ones that make the highlights, not the guys in the trenches who often determine which team wins and which team loses.

We've lost our games in the trenches this year, either not blocking well enough, or allowing the other team to continue to jam the run down our throats, running out the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          Though Balmer was a surprise, I'm not totally against the pick, nor am I regretful we didn't take Jackson in the 1st. It's always easier to fall in love with the skill position players as they are the ones that make the highlights, not the guys in the trenches who often determine which team wins and which team loses.

We've lost our games in the trenches this year, either not blocking well enough, or allowing the other team to continue to jam the run down our throats, running out the clock.
                          100% agree. WRs aren't our problem. We have serious O-line and D-line problems. Philly's massive O-line was moving our D-line 3-4 yards off the ball in the first half. I thought they were going to score 7 every possession. They owned us in the 4th quarter too. We have to get bigger and stronger players on both sides of the line to be a legitimate playoff team.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                            100% agree. WRs aren't our problem. We have serious O-line and D-line problems. Philly's massive O-line was moving our D-line 3-4 yards off the ball in the first half. I thought they were going to score 7 every possession. They owned us in the 4th quarter too. We have to get bigger and stronger players on both sides of the line to be a legitimate playoff team.
                            Totally agree
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
                              yea after today i think we can talk about draft stuff any time we want. i'd like to see us draft the monster NT cody from alabama. OT should also be priority, and then wr and qb. of course, you gotta draft by talent instead of by need. i still cant believe no desean jackson this year. yay balmer you look great out there
                              how about a qb in the later rounds and re-sign jto for another season until sf can decide what its going to do?
                              wr should still be looked @ along w/ot and guards

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information