Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being in AZ, I take the hit on the Sunday Ticket from DirecTV. It's effin awesome!

Church every Sunday! ;)

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Here's a question -

Is there any way to watch the game online live?

Thanks.
      check you PMs shortly

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Anyone see that the Niners are looking at Condeleza Rice has team President.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Yeah. What's up with that?

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• That wont happen. Its just people close to her spreading around all those rumors.

Comment

• The way things are going we'll end up with a top 3 pick in the draft..

1. Matthew Stafford, QB Georgia
              2. Ciron Black, OT LSU
              3. Brooks Foster, WR North Carolina
              4. Eric Moncur DE/OLB, Miami
              5. Nic Harris S, Oklahoma
              6. Zeek Zacharie FB, Louisiana Monroe
              7. Dorrell Scott DT, Clemson

It might be a dream draft but I hope it goes something like this since it addresses some of our biggest needs. I was thinking Mark Roman is getting old but so Walt Harris, so we may need replacements there. Ciron Black is a guy I could see coming in and starting on the front next to Chilo Rachal on the right side. Brooks Foster has all the tools you would look for in a WR but something is missing. Eric Moncur is a beast and could provide the heavily needed pass rush he puts down for the U. Nic Harris would most likely be a special team ace but could prove to be a very valuable pick with the right coaching.

Comment

• Harris will be a first day pick so that won't happen. The rest I do like.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• We're going to have a lot of cap space this offseason, especially with A Smith, Jennings, and possibly Vernon Davis's salaries all off the cap. I think we should go after 1 big-ticket FA and a few smaller ones. The big FA's are Jordan Gross, Vernon Carey (both OT's), Terrell Suggs, Julius Peppers (both 4-3 DE's). Id like to snag one of those 4 guys. Who do you guys want out of those 4? I say Suggs- he's the youngest and very effective.

Id also like to sign Hank Baskett (WR) and..... wait for it....Jeff Garcia. I want a WCO back in SF because that fits our personnel the best. Garcia/Hill could hold the fort for 1-2 years while we develop our young QB, whoever that may be..

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    1. Matthew Stafford, QB Georgia
                    I like him as much as you do but I dont think we are going to have even a slight chance at landing him.

Comment

• More importantly, do we want to invest $70 Million in another unproven (in the NFL) QB?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                        We're going to have a lot of cap space this offseason, especially with A Smith, Jennings, and possibly Vernon Davis's salaries all off the cap. I think we should go after 1 big-ticket FA and a few smaller ones. The big FA's are Jordan Gross, Vernon Carey (both OT's), Terrell Suggs, Julius Peppers (both 4-3 DE's). Id like to snag one of those 4 guys. Who do you guys want out of those 4? I say Suggs- he's the youngest and very effective.

Id also like to sign Hank Baskett (WR) and..... wait for it....Jeff Garcia. I want a WCO back in SF because that fits our personnel the best. Garcia/Hill could hold the fort for 1-2 years while we develop our young QB, whoever that may be..
                        Peppers or Suggs. I'd prefer Peppers, but either would do. And BTW, I don't think either is coming here.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I prefer bringing back Alex, and drafting a late round QB.

Also, not resigning the worst QB ever to touch a football (JTO).

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                            We're going to have a lot of cap space this offseason, especially with A Smith, Jennings, and possibly Vernon Davis's salaries all off the cap. I think we should go after 1 big-ticket FA and a few smaller ones. The big FA's are Jordan Gross, Vernon Carey (both OT's), Terrell Suggs, Julius Peppers (both 4-3 DE's). Id like to snag one of those 4 guys. Who do you guys want out of those 4? I say Suggs- he's the youngest and very effective.

I dont see Davis going anywhere. It's too soon to give up on him. He's basically T.O. without the impact on the field but at the same time, look at who his QB's have been compared to T.O. Hell, even Rattay did good with Owens when Garcia was injured in 2003.

Smith is 50/50 but I doubt that he goes anywhere because once that optin was picked up, we basically screwed ourselves. Instead of $9m in dead money, the total would be over $20m if we release him in the off-season. I personally would have never exercised the option but oh well. Reality wise, I dont see him going anywhere either.

Jennings is the most likely to go of the three. Even though we'll take a cap hit of $3.5m, we'll save $5m over two years. Jennings has been crap since day one just like Nolan was and like Nolan, will hopefully be gone come February. If not and we draft an OT in the first round, then I would say for sure that he's gone. Either way, I just hope that it's sooner rather than later even though I personally would keep him through the draft so OT wouldnt be seen as a need especially if Snyder eventually gets moved there (which he should) and we can go after Michael Oher.

Instead of Gross or Carey, I would much rather draft Oher instead. He'll be years younger, have less wear and tear on him and will be around with the rest of the OL for a long ass time to come. DE wise, I want Suggs the most because he'll fit in the 3-4 as an OLB or as a DE in the 4-3. I prefer the 4-3 but just in case, we stay with the 3-4, Suggs would be a better option than Peppers.

I dont care about Baskett whatsoever. Amazingly though, I agree about bringing back Garcia but only if we run the WCO. Hill will still be around as well. Another reason why I want Marty Mornhinweg back as the OC. I agree with Garcia and Hill holding down the fort but I would still go after Brady Quinn. Come on Derek Anderson, you bum!!! LOL.

Comment

• As up and down Derek Anderson has been, I dont see Quinn going anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Smith is 50/50 but I doubt that he goes anywhere because once that optin was picked up, we basically screwed ourselves. Instead of $9m in dead money, the total would be over $20m if we release him in the off-season. I personally would have never exercised the option but oh well. Reality wise, I dont see him going anywhere either.

Jennings is the most likely to go of the three. Even though we'll take a cap hit of $3.5m, we'll save $5m over two years. Jennings has been crap since day one just like Nolan was and like Nolan, will hopefully be gone come February. If not and we draft an OT in the first round, then I would say for sure that he's gone. Either way, I just hope that it's sooner rather than later even though I personally would keep him through the draft so OT wouldnt be seen as a need especially if Snyder eventually gets moved there (which he should) and we can go after Michael Oher.
                                2 things Dan.

1. I was reading about Alice Smith yesterday and I think it said if we cut him this offseason, then we take a $4M cap hit and free up $7M in cap space. That will be needed to sign a stud Dlineman like we're talking about here.

2. Your abject hatred for Jennings always impressed me. From the very start, you've hated him with great fury. I'm at the point where I'm 90% sure he raped your cat.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information