This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
    Dansby AND Suggs AND Sproles tagged so far. Peppers or Gross will be next.

If we want to pay for Haynesworth, he'll be available however.

I'm thinking locking up OJ Atogwe would be their best FA move if he doesn't get the tag tomorrow.
    Don't be shocked if OJ is tagged. C'mon Jags, let us have Barnes!

Oh and yes, dan, I mean Harris, not Brown. Chalk it up to my pain medication.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
      And for phlysac, the OJ link:
      http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/cont...r-rams-atogwe/

Big time disappointment about Atogwe, I was hoping that we could plug him in there.

Son - of - a - mother - F - er

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        Son - of - a - mother - F - er
        Yeah for sure.

Sign Barnes
        1.Everette Brown/B.J Raji
        2.Rashad Johnson

I would be pleased with that.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
          NO DAMN! O.J. was franchised today!
          DAMN IT! FA is going to suck this year. Hopefully we can get a decent OT like Barnes. I'm really not interested in the other FS's out there in FA.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
            As long as you realize that the only WR's with more catches for the 49ers than Stokes are Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Dwight Clark, Billy Wilson, Gene Washington and John Taylor. I think that was a pretty good career considering his was at best the 3rd and mostly 4th receiving option on the field.
            Considering the fact that Stokes was a 1st rounder and is NOT a HOF candidate but T.O. was a 3rd rounder and IS a HOF candidate, I would say that he was a huge disappointment.

Comment

• Since O.J., Suggs and Dansby have been franchised, here's my new FA wishlist -

FB Leonard Weaver (SEA)
              OT Max Starks (PIT)
              OT Khalif Barnes (JAX)
              CB Dunta Robinson (HOU)

Weaver is a must since Singletary wants a power running game. I prefer Starks over Barnes but I wouldnt complain either way. Robinson would be the starter opposite Clements and we could then move Reggie Smth to FS to compete with Dashon Goldson for the starting spot.

Draft wise, im leaning towards the best pass rushing OLB which seems to be Everette Brown.

Comment

• Dont be shocked, Dan, if the FB they sign is Tony Richardson. He's 37 but he knows the system and was great with Raye in KC.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Considering the fact that Stokes was a 1st rounder and is NOT a HOF candidate but T.O. was a 3rd rounder and IS a HOF candidate, I would say that he was a huge disappointment.
                  Wow Dan you make me laugh. Reading your stupidity always puts a smile on my face.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                    Wow Dan you make me laugh. Reading your stupidity always puts a smile on my face.
                    What are you talking about? TO will be a HOF candidate, he might not ever get in but he will be candidate. Stokes, who was a 1st rounder, was ******* terrible. Stokes never warranted his draft status.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      Since O.J., Suggs and Dansby have been franchised, here's my new FA wishlist -

FB Leonard Weaver (SEA)
                      OT Max Starks (PIT)
                      OT Khalif Barnes (JAX)
                      CB Dunta Robinson (HOU)

Weaver is a must since Singletary wants a power running game. I prefer Starks over Barnes but I wouldnt complain either way. Robinson would be the starter opposite Clements and we could then move Reggie Smth to FS to compete with Dashon Goldson for the starting spot.

Draft wise, im leaning towards the best pass rushing OLB which seems to be Everette Brown.
                      No need to spend more FA money on a CB. Shawntae Spencer will be returning from injury and looks like Tarell Brown seems to be the future. And you already mentioned Smith.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      Dont be shocked, Dan, if the FB they sign is Tony Richardson. He's 37 but he knows the system and was great with Raye in KC.
                      Yeah, Tony Richardson seems to be the most obvious fit considering he has followed Jimmy Raye around. He'd be a perfect short-term FB to use while mentoring Quinn Johnson whom I feel they should draft.

Comment

• sucks that OJ is of the market. Give me barnes, dunta would be nice they will probably tag him and brown or raji in the 1st would make me so happy
                        “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          What are you talking about? TO will be a HOF candidate, he might not ever get in but he will be candidate. Stokes, who was a 1st rounder, was ******* terrible. Stokes never warranted his draft status.
                          Yeah but he didn't suck.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            The point is that there is a HUGE difference between saying someone was a disappointment because of how highly they were drafted and saying that they "suck".

Being one of the best in team history is NOT the definition of "suck"

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              No need to spend more FA money on a CB. Shawntae Spencer will be returning from injury and looks like Tarell Brown seems to be the future. And you already mentioned Smith.
                              I'm not expecting anything out of Spencer. He wasn't even very good when healthy. Other teams used to throw on him at will. I don't think he'll make the team next year.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Here's my Pre-Combine / Pre-Free Agency Offseason Mock. Keep in mind I finished this earlier today/prior to OJ Atogwe being Tagged by the Rams. I have to reevaluate FS possibilities whether it be via FA (Jermaine Phillips) or through the draft....

Free Agents to Sign

Takeo Spikes
                                Inside Linebacker - San Francisco 49ers

Bryant Johnson
                                Wide Receiver - San Francisco 49ers

Khalif Barnes
                                Offensive Tackle - Jacksonville Jaguars

Tony Richardson
                                Fullback - New York Jets

2009 NFL Draft

First Round

B.J. Raji
                                Nose Tackle - Boston College

Second Round

Kenny Britt
                                Wide Receiver - Rutgers

Third Round

Shonn Greene
                                Running Back - Iowa

Fourth Round

Lawrence Sidbury
                                Outside Linebacker - Richmond

Fifth Round

Cornelius Lewis
                                Offensive Tackle - Tennessee State

Fifth Round (Compensatory)

Worrell Williams
                                Inside Linebacker - California

Sixth Round

Quinn Johnson
                                Fullback - LSU

Seventh Round

Stephen Hodge
                                Strong Safety - TCU

Seventh Round (Compensatory)

Chase Patton
                                Quarterback - Missouri

Player Highlights
                                BJ Raji - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2YGE9SLM
                                Kenny Britt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98USWn8dG0
                                Shonn Greene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLlfOIgmKqk
                                Lawrence Sidbury - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPydgMoTs04
                                Worrell Williams - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsQSP3DdgoQ
                                Quinn Johnson Interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPdSr8POZxI
                                Stephen Hodge - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Eat-CWZNQ

Thoughts?
                                Last edited by phlysac; 02-19-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information