Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting choices. I might not agree with them all but I wouldnt be disappointed if that was the draft the Niners had.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
      Wow Dan you make me laugh. Reading your stupidity always puts a smile on my face.
      Did you ever think that excluding Rice, Owens and the others you mentioned, that every WR we had was worse than Stokes which is the ONLY reason as to why he looked good???

Sorry but if you dont think Stokes sucked, then you my friend are the true idiot and moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        Did you ever think that excluding Rice, Owens and the others you mentioned, that every WR we had was worse than Stokes which is the ONLY reason as to why he looked good???

Sorry but if you dont think Stokes sucked, then you my friend are the true idiot and moron.

I need only mention the fact that he had more catches than 49er All-Time Great Freddie Soloman and only 5 fewer catches than John Taylor. He was far from an amazing WR but the numbers he put up while being behind the likes of Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, and Terrell Owens, I feel should be commended. Unfortunately, most blindly say "he sucked" because the 49ers traded up for him.
        Last edited by phlysac; 02-19-2009, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
          I need only mention the fact that he had more catches than 49er All-Time Great Freddie Soloman and only 5 fewer catches than John Taylor. He was far from an amazing WR but the numbers he put up while being behind the likes of Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, and Terrell Owens, I feel should be commended. Unfortunately, most blindly say "he sucked" because the 49ers traded up for him.
          Did anyone ever think that the reason why he even put up solid numbers was because of al those other guys??? With the rest being covered, obviously Stokes is going to catch more passes than he normally would.

And Stokes was outplayed badly by Tai Streets back in 2002. How sad is that? Bottom line is this - if you, menardo or anyne else thinks that Stokes was good or whatever, go ahead but I think that he SUCKED period.

Dont like my opinion??? Well, I dont really give a ****!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
            I'm not expecting anything out of Spencer. He wasn't even very good when healthy. Other teams used to throw on him at will. I don't think he'll make the team next year.
            Spencer hasn't been thrown on "at will" in quite some time...not sure when you're thinking of. He's a very good nickel/dime CB and can start in a pinch.

Comment

Did anyone ever think that the reason why he even put up solid numbers was because of al those other guys??? With the rest being covered, obviously Stokes is going to catch more passes than he normally would.

And Stokes was outplayed badly by Tai Streets back in 2002. How sad is that? Bottom line is this - if you, menardo or anyne else thinks that Stokes was good or whatever, go ahead but I think that he SUCKED period.

Dont like my opinion??? Well, I dont really give a ****!!!
              If you don't give a "****"! then quit arguing about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankGore View Post
                Spencer hasn't been thrown on "at will" in quite some time...not sure when you're thinking of. He's a very good nickel/dime CB and can start in a pinch.
                Ugh. He's not "very good." Strickland is better than him and I don't think Strickland is "very good" either.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Every top player has been franchised or re-signed by their respective team. FA is going to suck this year. UGH.

Comment

Every top player has been franchised or re-signed by their respective team. FA is going to suck this year. UGH.
                    i know, i'm pissed. almost every player that i wanted the niners to actually make a play for has already been locked up

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      Ugh. He's not "very good." Strickland is better than him and I don't think Strickland is "very good" either.
                      As a NICKEL OR DIME corner (which is what I said), yes he is...I'm not sure what you really expect out of your 3rd or 4th corner but he's been far from a problem for this team. And Donald Strickland is a fine depth corner too. It's all relative. I would not start either one but if they have to come in and cover the other team's 3rd, 4th or 5th guys, I don't see them at a disadvantage.

If there's been problems with our coverage, it's been that our guys play too far off (including Clements and Harris), our pass rush is inconsistent and our safety help absolutely blows. The corners aren't the problem here.

Comment

Every top player has been franchised or re-signed by their respective team. FA is going to suck this year. UGH.
                        Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                        i know, i'm pissed. almost every player that i wanted the niners to actually make a play for has already been locked up
                        It could be a blessing in disguise. It truly is a depiction of how important it is to succeed in the draft because relying on FA signings just isn't a reliable method for long term success.

Comment

Since O.J., Suggs and Dansby have been franchised, here's my new FA wishlist -

FB Leonard Weaver (SEA)
                          OT Max Starks (PIT)
                          OT Khalif Barnes (JAX)
                          CB Dunta Robinson (HOU)
                          Cross Max Starks and Dunta Robinson off your list.
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3919394
                          http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6269456.html

Comment

• My FA wishlist

FB Tony Richardson

Projected signing- 2 years, 3 million

-He's worked in Raye's offense before and is a punishing run blocker. He's always been around good running games. In KC, Minnesota last year, and the Jets this year, wherever he goes theres a good running game. I dont think its a coincedence. He's 37 but if we can draft a guy in the 7th for Richardson to groom over a year or 2 while he paves the way for the short-term, it can be well worth it.

RT Khalif Barnes

Projected signing- 4 years, 15 million

-Also a good run blocker. He's proven he isn't a LT with a mediocre performance this year so we may be able to get somewhat of a discount, as opposed to someone like Carey who may be able to get LT money.

NT Jovan Haye

Projected signing- 2 years, 2 million

-Just some NT depth. I still think we'll make it a priority in the draft if Raji is available but we cant go into the draft with only Franklin on the roster. It'll make us desperate.

FS Eugene Wilson

Projected signing- 3 years, 5 million

Some depth in the FS position. I have a hard time seeing a rookie making any impact. I think Wilson will compete with Reggie Smith or Dashon Goldson for the FS position. We can still add a top FS prospect but it gives us some flexibility.

I think this would be a good FA period. It wouldn't break the bank but we'd get 2 solid starters on offense and 2 solid backups on defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              Oh no poor Dan.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                NT Jovan Haye

Projected signing- 2 years, 2 million

-Just some NT depth. I still think we'll make it a priority in the draft if Raji is available but we cant go into the draft with only Franklin on the roster. It'll make us desperate.

FS Eugene Wilson

Projected signing- 3 years, 5 million

Some depth in the FS position. I have a hard time seeing a rookie making any impact. I think Wilson will compete with Reggie Smith or Dashon Goldson for the FS position. We can still add a top FS prospect but it gives us some flexibility.

I think this would be a good FA period. It wouldn't break the bank but we'd get 2 solid starters on offense and 2 solid backups on defense.
                                Haye isn't a NT Wilson MIGHT be ok. Atleast he would be a true FS.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information