• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    My FA wishlist

FB Tony Richardson

Projected signing- 2 years, 3 million

-He's worked in Raye's offense before and is a punishing run blocker. He's always been around good running games. In KC, Minnesota last year, and the Jets this year, wherever he goes theres a good running game. I dont think its a coincedence. He's 37 but if we can draft a guy in the 7th for Richardson to groom over a year or 2 while he paves the way for the short-term, it can be well worth it.

RT Khalif Barnes

Projected signing- 4 years, 15 million

-Also a good run blocker. He's proven he isn't a LT with a mediocre performance this year so we may be able to get somewhat of a discount, as opposed to someone like Carey who may be able to get LT money.

NT Jovan Haye

Projected signing- 2 years, 2 million

-Just some NT depth. I still think we'll make it a priority in the draft if Raji is available but we cant go into the draft with only Franklin on the roster. It'll make us desperate.

FS Eugene Wilson

Projected signing- 3 years, 5 million

Some depth in the FS position. I have a hard time seeing a rookie making any impact. I think Wilson will compete with Reggie Smith or Dashon Goldson for the FS position. We can still add a top FS prospect but it gives us some flexibility.

I think this would be a good FA period. It wouldn't break the bank but we'd get 2 solid starters on offense and 2 solid backups on defense.
    I agree 100% with Richardson and Barnes.

as for Haye... I don't think the 49ers want "depth" at NT. Fields and Sopoaga have been that behind Franklin. I feel the only way to address the NT position is to acquire someone that will make Franklin the "depth"

as for Wilson... FS is OBVIOUSLY a need position and I feel he's a viable option but I think the Pats will want to keep him. Also, don't forget about the addition of Jimmy Williams.

Comment

• fa list:
      ot - mark tauscher
      wr - hank baskett ( we will see if sf resigns johnson however )
      dt - rocky bernard
      fs - jermaine phillips

i feel tausher could play on right side for cheap and would be an upgrade over sims, jennings and snyder.
      baskett is young and has played decent could also cost pennies to come to sf.
      bernard may not be 3-4 dt, but you can't deny his production.
      phillips is solid safety and he is a hell of a lot better than both lewis's and roman.

draft
      1. bj raji - ot
      2. larry english - de/olb
      3. jermiah johnson - rb
      4. trimane goddard - fs
      5. xaiver fulton - ot
      6. mike reilly - qb
      7. kory sperry - te

Comment

• Getting Larry English in the 2nd would be awesome. It looks pretty doubtful though. And we'd have to pass on Brown/Orakpo in hopes of landing English in the second. That is a giant risk.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
          Oh no poor Dan.
          I highly doubt it but have we ever agreed on anything??? Every player I want, you dont want and vice versa.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
            fa list:
            ot - mark tauscher
            wr - hank baskett ( we will see if sf resigns johnson however )
            dt - rocky bernard
            fs - jermaine phillips

i feel tausher could play on right side for cheap and would be an upgrade over sims, jennings and snyder.
            baskett is young and has played decent could also cost pennies to come to sf.
            bernard may not be 3-4 dt, but you can't deny his production.
            phillips is solid safety and he is a hell of a lot better than both lewis's and roman.

draft
            1. bj raji - ot
            2. larry english - de/olb
            3. jermiah johnson - rb
            4. trimane goddard - fs
            5. xaiver fulton - ot
            6. mike reilly - qb
            7. kory sperry - te
            Bernard isn't a 3-4 DE. Phillips is also a SS so that really wouldn't do much.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• With all our free agent targets getting scooped up, do you guys think we should strongly consider a move back in the first round to try and pick up another 2nd rounder or more? Looks like we might need an extra day one pick to get all our holes filled at RT/FS/OLB. Maybe I'm just overreacting a little bit though.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I believe it should be a scenario they look at, depending on who is available at 10 on Draft Day. If they don't feel that there is a Top 10 caliber pick, then they should indeed trade down.

That's how Scotty Mac likes to work the Draft. They grade guys by round, and if there isn't a worthy pick in that round, then they will trade down.

A couple years ago, they had Staley as the last 1st Round talent (out of only 22 players with 1st Round grades I believe) on their board and when he slid a few spots further, they aggressively traded up to nab him.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• The thing with the free safeties is I don't feel like there's any in the draft that would be a lock to be a huge upgrade over Goldson, Smith, Williams or whatever other young guy we decide to play there. It almost feels wrong to spend a round 2 pick on someone like Rashad Johnson because he's just going to be another young guy thrown into the mix...he could be a little better than what we've got, but he's still going to be battling for the job. I say we might as well just cut Roman and open it up to competition between the young guys. SOMEONE should be able to play a decent centerfield for us. McCloughan basically implied the same thing today.

Outside of that, I feel like we could still nab a RT in free agency in Khalif Barnes or Ray Willis. That leaves us looking for a pass rusher, possibly a NT, a RB, and later on a ILB, WR, OT depth...which we have plenty of picks for.

Comment

• Dolphins re-signed OT Vernon Carey today so scratch another player off the list and am I the only one who thinks that the contract Gross signed was cheaper than what he would have received in the open market?

Anyway, here's out own FA's -

QB J.T. O’Sullivan
                    QB Jamie Martin
                    RB DeShaun Foster
                    RB Zak Keasey (restricted)
                    WR Bryant Johnson
                    TE Billy Bajema
                    TE Sean Ryan
                    OT Damane Duckett
                    DT Ronald Fields
                    OLB Roderick Green
                    ILB Takeo Spikes
                    CB Donald Strickland
                    CB Allen Rossum

I'm hoping we re-sign Johnson, Bajema, Fields, Spikes, Strickland and Rossum. Most should be pretty cheap to keep especially with other veterans available in FA for some of the positions. The rest I would let leave.

Here's my updated FA wishlist -

FB Leonard Weaver (SEA)
                    RT Ray Willis (SEA)

Thats pretty much it. I switched from Barnes to Willis because I think that Willis will be cheaper and yes, he is a UFA. I'm also not happy with Barnes off the field so unless Willis did something off the field too, he's my top choice to play RT.

I dont see us going after DE Igor Oshlansky (SD) or ILB Channing Crowder (MIA) even though I wouldnt mind either one.

Thoughts???

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post

Thoughts???
                      Ummm...You can never have enough guys named Willis?

:)
                      Originally posted by Babylon
                      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Somehow I get the feeling that the round 2 pick will be a RB.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankGore View Post
                          The thing with the free safeties is I don't feel like there's any in the draft that would be a lock to be a huge upgrade over Goldson, Smith, Williams or whatever other young guy we decide to play there. It almost feels wrong to spend a round 2 pick on someone like Rashad Johnson because he's just going to be another young guy thrown into the mix...he could be a little better than what we've got, but he's still going to be battling for the job. I say we might as well just cut Roman and open it up to competition between the young guys. SOMEONE should be able to play a decent centerfield for us. McCloughan basically implied the same thing today.

Outside of that, I feel like we could still nab a RT in free agency in Khalif Barnes or Ray Willis. That leaves us looking for a pass rusher, possibly a NT, a RB, and later on a ILB, WR, OT depth...which we have plenty of picks for.
                          Johnson and Delmas would both be massive upgrades.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            Johnson and Delmas would both be massive upgrades.
                            Call me crazy but something tells me the Niners' FO is praying that Williams, the recent signing, will kick ass and be the best back up for M-Lewis or over take him and that Dashon will stay healthy and take over Roman's spot.

Comment

• Gibril Wilson was just cut. He might be worth bringing in on a reasonable deal. He's not an elite FS but he's a definite upgrade over Roman and at the very least he would be a nice stopgap while we put the finishing touches on Reggie Smith or Dashon Goldson. Even though McCloughan stated that our starting FS is most likely already on the roster (Smith? Goldson?) he said this before Wilson was cut. He'd be worth bringing in on a reasonable deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                Gibril Wilson was just cut. He might be worth bringing in on a reasonable deal. He's not an elite FS but he's a definite upgrade over Roman and at the very least he would be a nice stopgap while we put the finishing touches on Reggie Smith or Dashon Goldson. Even though McCloughan stated that our starting FS is most likely already on the roster (Smith? Goldson?) he said this before Wilson was cut. He'd be worth bringing in on a reasonable deal.
                                Hopefully, he is from Northern California.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information