This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Me and Menardo agree on something. Holy crap!!!
    I know I feel a cold chill, like hell is freezing over or something.

Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
    lmfao!

espn is reporting mark sanchez is meeting w/ sf. any thoughts?
    The Niners also met with Stafford....They met with everybody.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
      I know I feel a cold chill, like hell is freezing over or something.
      After reading that you wanted to see SF re-sign Bajema, I looked outside my window because I thought the world was coming to an end but amazingly, it didnt.

Comment

• I really hope we dont take Sanchez or Stafford. UGH.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          I really hope we dont take Sanchez or Stafford. UGH.
          I don't think we will have the chance to take Stafford. I really wouldn't doubt that San Fran uses the whole Sanchez story as a smoke screen to try and bait someone into trading. Or possibly to try and get Raji, or Brown or someone like that to fall to us. I remember last year the Rams saying they were interested in McFadden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
            Somehow I get the feeling that the round 2 pick will be a RB.
            I hope not. We could get great players in the 3rd at RB.
            Possibilities:
            Shonne Greene (especially after running near a 4.7 at the combine)
            Arian Foster
            Andre Brown (though I think he might of ran his way into the second round with a 4.49)
            Rashad Jennings
            Javarris Williams will be there in the 4th as well.

I would be fine with any of those guys and I guarantee at least one of them will be available in the 3rd. I would be somewhat annoyed if we went Rb in the second.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
              Shonne Greene (especially after running near a 4.7 at the combine)
              He's who I'm hoping for. I don't care one iota about his 40 time. I saw a man that had lost some weight, looked extremely built, and ran fluidly. He didn't lumber in any way. He is a beast with the football in his hands and I think he would be the perfect "big" back to pair with Frank. Then add Quinn Johnson in round 6 or 7... nasty.

Comment

• Some tidbits from Maiocco's blog:
                --I wrote recently that I didn't think the 49ers were viewing Dashon Goldson as a starter at free safety. Now, I think I was dead wrong on that one. I have every reason to believe GM Scot McCloughan was subtly referring to Goldson when he talked about there being a very good chance the starting free safety is currently on the team. The 49ers might look at adding safety, but I don't think they'll go after Tampa's Jermaine Phillips or Cleveland's Sean Jones.
                No matter how much I want Goldson to beat out Roman I don't see it happening. I think SF either brings in Wilson or James Sanders to give Roman a run.

--The price of tackles is going through the roof with Vernon Carey getting a deal averaging $7 million annually from the Dolphins. While the 49ers might be interested in a tackle, such as Pittsburgh's Marvel Smith or Jacksonville's Khalif Barnes, I don't know if they have the stomach to remain in the picture if the price starts escalating - and I suspect it will.
                Blows Gross and Carey didn't hit the market. It would have really helped push down the price on Barnes.

--The 49ers are in need of a fullback. Might they go after Seattle's Leonard Weaver? He's young and has many good years ahead of him. Those in the know say Weaver does not fit what Jimmy Raye and Mike Singletary (or is it Mike Singletary and Jimmy Raye?) want to do with the offense. Weaver would've been a better fit for Martz's scheme. The 49ers this offseason will be looking for a thumper - you know, somebody like that guy they had in 2007 when Frank Gore rushed for nearly 1,700 yards. What was that guy's name? Oh, yeah, Moran Norris.
                I am sure Gore would be really happy with this. With the Jets re-signing Tony Richardson it will probably come down to either Norris or Weaver. I would prefer Weaver due to his age but have no problem with Norris coming back.

--Offensive tackle at No. 10? Perhaps. I know he is not considered one of the top three, but Michael Oher deserves to be mentioned in that sentence. He is an impressive athlete. If you haven't read Michael Lewis' book, "The Blind Side: The Evolution of a Game," do yourself a favor. The question being asked is if Oher has been spoiled the past six years after a tremendously difficult upbringing.
                I am surprised he hasn't been brought up more as well. I could see Oher being viewed by McCloughan the same way Patrick Willis was viewed. Someone who had to deal with personal struggles in their life, still play at a high level while in high school and college, and can now focus on football.

--Sleeper pick at No. 10 - and this is just a guess (speculation) - USC linebacker Rey Maualuga. OK, this goes against my personal theory, but - believe it or not -- the 49ers do not share my opinion of inside linebackers. I think if you have a guy like Patrick Willis, you just get a dirty-work guy next to him. But the 49ers loved Jerrod Mayo last year, and they never found that long-term answer at the "ted" position. Maualuga has an incredibly high football IQ - he took it upon himself to soak in all of Pete Carroll's coaching. Plus, I'm partial to Maualuga because he played high-school ball for one of the most memorable coaches I've ever covered: Eureka High's Jack Lakin. Ah, those were the days.
                Just a guess on Maiocco's part but I was thinking the same thing awhile back. McCloughan is obessed with filling the TED backer spot and would have traded Mayo or Curtis Lofton if he had the chance.

Comment

• Damn I really want Gibril Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                    With the Jets re-signing Tony Richardson
                    Is that official ??? I've only read that it appeared he'd be offered a contract extension with the Jets before Thursday... not that he'd actually signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                      Is that official ??? I've only read that it appeared he'd be offered a contract extension with the Jets before Thursday... not that he'd actually signed.
                      My bad, they are close to a deal that should be done before the start of FA:
                      http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200..._in_on_de.html
                      The Jets and veteran fullback Tony Richardson are closing in on a new contract and a deal is expected to done before the start of free agency on Thursday, according to a person familiar with the club's thinking. That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal isn't complete.

Comment

• I want to start a petition to bring back Chuck

BRING BACK CHUCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          Damn I really want Gibril Wilson.
                          He's a strong safety. I doubt the Niners go after him because they aren't looking to replace Michael Lewis.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Coach Singletary on set at the combine with Gruden and Mooch.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ed866e

Talks about Willis at the end. Can't get enough of this stuff.
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                              Coach Singletary on set at the combine with Gruden and Mooch.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ed866e

Talks about Willis at the end. Can't get enough of this stuff.
                              Really like the part where he says Shaun Hill will go into training camp as our starter.

It is starting to sound more like the FO wants us to bring in another guy whereas Singletary is happy with what we have.
                              Last edited by Menardo75; 02-23-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                He's a strong safety. I doubt the Niners go after him because they aren't looking to replace Michael Lewis.
                                Most of his experience is, indeed at SS but he started 13 games at FS for the Super Bowl Champs in 2007. He had nearly 100 tackles and 4 INTs.

He's not in their plans if he wants paid anything like the Raiders paid him, however.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information