Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I was hoping that Lawrence Sidbury would be a gem sleeper in the 3rd or 4th for the 49ers this year. Looks like that plan has no chance after running a 4.6 40 at 265lbs. and looking fluid in LB drills. Overall, I was very impressed with the 3-4 OLB prospects whom I like. I guess I will just have to pray that the 49ers are able to grab at least one of...

Brian Orakpo
    Everette Brown
    Larry English
    Lawrence Sidbury

I'm also intrigued by Connor Barwin (great Combine but about as raw as you can get) and Brandon Williams.

Jasper Brinkley and Worrell Williams both looked liked legit options for 3-4 TED depth that is terribly needed.

Comment

• Clay Matthews would be a nice pick up in round 2 for OLB.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        Clay Matthews would be a nice pick up in round 2 for OLB.
        Definitely. He's a hard worker and definitely could do some damage under Singletary's guidance.

Comment

• I fear Matthews has worked himself up into the 20-35 range. Dammit. If we go OT at #10, maybe we can land Sintim in the 2nd to be a pass rushing OLB. He has the 3-4 OLB experience from college and the kid can ball.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
            I fear Matthews has worked himself up into the 20-35 range. Dammit. If we go OT at #10, maybe we can land Sintim in the 2nd to be a pass rushing OLB. He has the 3-4 OLB experience from college and the kid can ball.
            That's what I'm thinking. Andre Smith at 10 and Sintim in the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
              I can handle that. Although Smith's recent actions are worrisome. But I like Sintim in the second. I think we go in-house for the FS position and go after Fili Moala or similar NT in the third.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I would love Shonn Green in the third.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  Clay Matthews would be a nice pick up in round 2 for OLB.
                  Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  Definitely. He's a hard worker and definitely could do some damage under Singletary's guidance.
                  I don't think he's a fit at 3-4 OLB at all. He's already gained significant weight to make it up to 240lbs. At that weight he would be the lightest 3-4 OLB in the league with only Manny Lawson in the neighborhood.

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  I fear Matthews has worked himself up into the 20-35 range. Dammit. If we go OT at #10, maybe we can land Sintim in the 2nd to be a pass rushing OLB. He has the 3-4 OLB experience from college and the kid can ball.
                  I have yet to see anything out of Sintim that says he is an effective pass rusher. He also appeared to struggle mightily today in coverage drills.

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  I would be highly upset if that happened and hope to GOD that I was wrong about both players.

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  I can handle that. Although Smith's recent actions are worrisome. But I like Sintim in the second. I think we go in-house for the FS position and go after Fili Moala or similar NT in the third.
                  Moala is a prototyp 5-Technique 3-4 DE. I don't see him being stout enough to play 0-Technique 3-4 NT. Raji, Brace, Taylor, and Pryor would be much better options.

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  I would love Shonn Green in the third.
                  Hell yeah! What did you think of my 49ers mock a couple of pages ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    I don't think he's a fit at 3-4 OLB at all. He's already gained significant weight to make it up to 240lbs. At that weight he would be the lightest 3-4 OLB in the league with only Manny Lawson in the neighborhood.
                    Joey Porter - 255 lbs.
                    James Harrison - 242 lbs.
                    Demarcus Ware - 262 lbs.

He's not Shawne Merriman but compared to the three best 3-4 OLBs last season, he's not too far off. With a pro team workout plan I definitely could see him adding the wait getting even up to 250-260. He's got some crazy work ethic and we could definitely use him.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      Joey Porter - 255 lbs.
                      James Harrison - 242 lbs.
                      Demarcus Ware - 262 lbs.

He's not Shawne Merriman but compared to the three best 3-4 OLBs last season, he's not too far off. With a pro team workout plan I definitely could see him adding the wait getting even up to 250-260. He's got some crazy work ethic and we could definitely use him.
                      The examples you used are players that are significantly larger in stature than Matthews. 15 lbs for Porter and 22lbs for Ware. The exception to the rule is always James Harrison but he is barely 6'1" and took 5 years to catch on at 3-4 OLB.

Yes, we can always assume that a player can gain weight but I will take USC's weight-training program as quickly as I would many NFL programs. There comes a point where a guy can't just add weight naturally. Interior lineman can do it more easily because they are adding fat content to their frames not muscle-weight.

Comment

• 1. OT Michael Oher, Miss
                        2. FS Louis Delmas, Western Michigan
                        3. OLB/DE Connor Barwin, Cincy
                        4. HB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
                        5. QB Stephen McGee, Texas A&M
                        6. DT Terrence Taylor, Michigan
                        7. FB Quinn Johnson, LSU

Comment

The examples you used are players that are significantly larger in stature than Matthews. 15 lbs for Porter and 22lbs for Ware. The exception to the rule is always James Harrison but he is barely 6'1" and took 5 years to catch on at 3-4 OLB.
                          But your saying he's 240 now like he's gonna stay 240 forever even with a pro football team workout program. It's not like they stop working out when they get to the pros.

Comment

But your saying he's 240 now like he's gonna stay 240 forever even with a pro football team workout program. It's not like they stop working out when they get to the pros.
                            I completely understand wht you're saying but some bodies just max out regardless of how much they work out. Manny Lawson has been in the NFL for 3 seasons now, has been considered undersized, and even though he has worked hard to gain weight is still only ~245. Keep in mind in regards to Clay Matthews that he graduated highschool at 6'1 165lbs. So he's already added nearly 80lbs to his frame.

Comment

1. OT Michael Oher, Miss
                              2. FS Louis Delmas, Western Michigan
                              3. OLB/DE Connor Barwin, Cincy
                              4. HB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
                              5. QB Stephen McGee, Texas A&M
                              6. DT Terrence Taylor, Michigan
                              7. FB Quinn Johnson, LSU
                              I wouldn't be upset with that draft at all.

Comment

I wouldn't be upset with that draft at all.
                                How real do you think it is? I've been accused of coming up with some UNREAL drafts like impossible unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information