Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that mock. We get our nose tackle and a nice pass rusher in the second. Brown would also be a nice pick in the fourth round.

Comment

• http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...n-players.html

Well, it looks like the 49ers won't be spending big money on FA's. So, i'm going to make a new revised FA prediction, after some recent developments.

Original signings i proposed in a post in this thread that arent likely anymore

-Khalif Barnes. With Vernon Carey getting signed, he's the top tackle on the market. Not worth too much green.

-Tony Richardson. Looks to be signing a deal with the Jets before Friday.

-Gibril Wilson. According to Matt Barrows blog, the Wilson isn't on the 49ers radar.

Without going into too much detail, some new proposed FA signings

FB- Moran Norris,starter
      RT- Daniel Loper,competition with Adam Snyder)
      NT- Colin Cole, starter (competition with Franklin)
      LDE- Igor Olshanky, starter (born in SF, played with Manusky in SD, might get overshadowed by a down year and Canty on the market)

3 round mock

R1- Malcolm Jenkins, FS
      R2- Clint Sintim/Lawrence Sidbury, 3-4 OLB
      R3- Andre Brown/Rashad Jennings, RB

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        Well obviously he isn't Curry because Curry isn't a 3-4 OLB. I was comparing him to potential 2nd rounders. I like Larry English, Lawrence Sidbury, Connor Barwin, and Michael Johnson all better than Sintim. But we're allowed to disagree, right.
        Sure, we can disagree. I wasn't saying that we couldn't. I just think it's funny that when I suggest getting a 3rd round NT like Moala, you responded that you liked Raji better. I like Raji better too. He won't be there in the third round though.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          Sure, we can disagree. I wasn't saying that we couldn't. I just think it's funny that when I suggest getting a 3rd round NT like Moala, you responded that you liked Raji better. I like Raji better too. He won't be there in the third round though.
          I get you. My use of Raji was just a list of the players I feel are natural fits as 3-4 NT's (along with Brace, Taylor, and Pryor). I don't feel that Moala is. I feel he'd fit best at End. Of course I don't think Raji would be available in the 3rd and I'm sorry if I didn't make my point clearly. It's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
            But we're allowed to disagree, right.
            Not if you're arguing with Menardo. LOL.

Comment

• Looks like David Bruton is having a nice combine. I was hoping against this. He is my sleeper FS prospect I was hoping we could get later in the draft.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry View Post
                I love that mock. We get our nose tackle and a nice pass rusher in the second. Brown would also be a nice pick in the fourth round.
                And don't get a RT that will be an upgrade fail.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Here's my updated FA wishlist -

1) ILB Channing Crowder

Will be 26 in September and has already played four seasons. While he isnt a playmaker, Willis is which makes him the perfect compliment next to him. If anything, he's a younger version of Spikes. He would definitely cost the most but eliminates the need and position for years to come.

2) DE Igor Olshansky

Perfect fit at DE in our 3-4 defense especially since he played for our DC Greg Manusky years ago in SD. While I would try to sign him, I would do so before Canty signs since I wouldnt want to pay him the same amount or overpay what he's worth.

3) FB Tony Richardson

I'm really hoping that he doesnt re-sign with the Jets and hits UFA. While I would prefer a young FB who can be paired with Gore for years to come, I would much rather have Richardson over Norris despite the fact that Norris is younger yet older than I would prefer. Basically, if there isnt a young blocking FB available in FA, I would rather get the better veteran and that's Richardson.

4) RT Stacy Andrews

Yeah, I know that he suffered a major injury just a few months ago but at only 28, could be signed to a cheap incentive based five year deal. Because of the injury, I think that he'll fly under the radar compared to Barnes, Marvel Smith and even Willis/Loper. Best case scenario is that he becomes our starting RT in 2009 or 2010 while worst case scenario is that he'll be a solid cheap backup who'll most likely never hit his incentives.

5) CB Phillip Buchanon

If it wasnt for Bryant, the Bucs would have franchised him. He's played very good the last two years and will most likely replace Barber as a starter (if he isnt already) and while he's 29 years old, I think that he would be good opposite Clements even though I wouldnt break the bank for him.

*waits for the bashing to begin*

Comment

• I would cream my pants if we got Igor. I have a feeling he'll want more than we can give.

Comment

• my mock

1. everette brown - olb/de
                      2. phil loadholt - ot
                      3. patrick chung - fs/ss
                      4. jermiah johnson - rb
                      5. brandon gibson - wr
                      6. quinn johnson - fb
                      7. brain hoyer / chase patton - qb

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        Here's my updated FA wishlist -

1) ILB Channing Crowder

Will be 26 in September and has already played four seasons. While he isnt a playmaker, Willis is which makes him the perfect compliment next to him. If anything, he's a younger version of Spikes. He would definitely cost the most but eliminates the need and position for years to come.

2) DE Igor Olshansky

Perfect fit at DE in our 3-4 defense especially since he played for our DC Greg Manusky years ago in SD. While I would try to sign him, I would do so before Canty signs since I wouldnt want to pay him the same amount or overpay what he's worth.

3) FB Tony Richardson

I'm really hoping that he doesnt re-sign with the Jets and hits UFA. While I would prefer a young FB who can be paired with Gore for years to come, I would much rather have Richardson over Norris despite the fact that Norris is younger yet older than I would prefer. Basically, if there isnt a young blocking FB available in FA, I would rather get the better veteran and that's Richardson.

4) RT Stacy Andrews

Yeah, I know that he suffered a major injury just a few months ago but at only 28, could be signed to a cheap incentive based five year deal. Because of the injury, I think that he'll fly under the radar compared to Barnes, Marvel Smith and even Willis/Loper. Best case scenario is that he becomes our starting RT in 2009 or 2010 while worst case scenario is that he'll be a solid cheap backup who'll most likely never hit his incentives.

5) CB Phillip Buchanon

If it wasnt for Bryant, the Bucs would have franchised him. He's played very good the last two years and will most likely replace Barber as a starter (if he isnt already) and while he's 29 years old, I think that he would be good opposite Clements even though I wouldnt break the bank for him.

*waits for the bashing to begin*
                        buchanon would mean spencer and harris are gone. i would be ok w/ both leaving since spencer is coming off a acl injury and harris will be 35.
                        andrews would be ok, but sf already got hit with the "jennings factor"

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                          my mock

1. everette brown - olb/de
                          2. phil loadholt - ot
                          3. patrick chung - fs/ss
                          4. jermiah johnson - rb
                          5. brandon gibson - wr
                          6. quinn johnson - fb
                          7. brain hoyer / chase patton - qb
                          That's not a bad mock.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            That's not a bad mock.
                            could it be menardo is coming around to dan and I?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                              could it be menardo is coming around to dan and I?
                              Menardo's not coming around to you guys.. You guys are coming around to Menardo.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB
                                Menardo's not coming around to you guys.. You guys are coming around to Menardo.
                                I wont speak for chapo but I can definitely say thats NOT going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information