Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont believe they'll take Everette Brown, as he's a shade under 6'2" and Aaron Maybin is a bit undersized and too slow for them to take at 10. Orakpo would be a good choice but I dont feel he'll be there. The way it sounds with Andre Smith, his interviews were god-awful and lots of teams didn't think highly of him and since Scot said on one of his posts on the 49ers website that they value the interviews greatly, I think that would really have to play into how he drafts.

I think we, on this site, are valuing NT as a greater need than the team. So, if I had to guess who the pick will be, I'll go with one of the following assuming they are available: Micheal Oher or Brian Orakpo.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with either. If they take Orakpo at 10, they could find a decent RT as last as the 3rd round pick. If it is Oher, OLB has to be addressed as soon as possible (i.e. 2nd round).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• What do you guys think about Jasper Brinkley?

Comment

• For those who are interested in Crowder...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/25/dolp...ff-the-market/

Scratch another one of your list.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
          What do you guys think about Jasper Brinkley?
          Good size/speed, a bit of a later round guy but I dont think he'd be a bad pick up.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            What do you guys think about Jasper Brinkley?
            Insane talent who had a bad knee injury two seasons ago. He played all year at a reported 270-275 lbs. He ran really well and looked good in drills after losing around 20lbs. If healthy, and in shape he would be a LEGIT backup to Takeo Spikes at TED. Worrell Williams would be another option.

It never gets talked about but if Ahmad Brooks is NOT the answer, the 49ers HAVE to get depth at MIKE... they have NOONE. I was VERY upset when the 49ers lost Gary Guyton last season. He was a perfect option for MIKE depth.

Comment

• Not likely to happen but let's just say if the draft unfolded like this, I'd sleep pretty damn well that weekend:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB
              2) Eben Britton/Phil Loadholt RT
              3) Ron Brace NT
              4) Rashad Jennings RB
              5) Brooks Foster WR
              6) Stephen McGee QB
              7) Frantz Joseph/Worrell Williams ILB

Comment

• maybin looked small and i'm not sold on orakpo.
                still feel brown plays bigger than 6"2

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  Not likely to happen but let's just say if the draft unfolded like this, I'd sleep pretty damn well that weekend:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB
                  2) Eben Britton/Phil Loadholt RT
                  3) Ron Brace NT
                  4) Rashad Jennings RB
                  5) Brooks Foster WR
                  6) Stephen McGee QB
                  Yes please.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                    Yes please.
                    Well, looking at the team's needs, we can go a number of directions based on what pick is made at 10. I figure they go OLB is Orakpo or Brown is there. The biggest need is pass rush, and it should be addressed first. Obviously if someone like Crabtree slipped to 10, I would be all for him being drafted. I just dont see that occurring.

I suppose I could make a "dream" mock for each possible 1st round choice.

Comment

• Well, after thinking about it, here's my "dream" mock for some realistic scenarios at ten:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB | BJ Raji NT | Michael Oher RT | Michael Crabtree WR
                      2) Britton/Loadholt RT | Clint Sintim OLB | Clint Sintim OLB | Clay Matthews OLB
                      3) Ron Brace NT | Loadholt/Kropog RT | Ron Brace NT | Ron Brace NT
                      4) Rashad Jennings RB | Troy Kropog RT
                      5) Brooks Foster WR | Jeremiah Johnson RB
                      6) Stephen McGee QB

The last one is my a fantasy world mock.

Comment

Well, looking at the team's needs, we can go a number of directions based on what pick is made at 10. I figure they go OLB is Orakpo or Brown is there. The biggest need is pass rush, and it should be addressed first. Obviously if someone like Crabtree slipped to 10, I would be all for him being drafted. I just dont see that occurring.

I suppose I could make a "dream" mock for each possible 1st round choice.
                        Brent, are you jumping on my Crabtree bandwagon? Nice.

BTW, you should make a "dream mock" with Jenkins as the first rounder. Maybe Jenkins/Britton/Brace/Bruton?
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Brent, are you jumping on my Crabtree bandwagon? Nice.

BTW, you should make a "dream mock" with Jenkins as the first rounder. Maybe Jenkins/Britton/Brace/Bruton?
                          I have always been a fan of Crabs but I just never imagined he'd fall to 10. With that gaining possibility, I can't help but think how awesome it'd be to see him in a Niner uniform.

As for Jenkins, I don't see the Niners taking him. His 40 really hurt his chances of being seen as a top 10 pick. He never played safety so I would hate to take a chance on him and stick him at FS only to see him struggle.

Comment

I have always been a fan of Crabs but I just never imagined he'd fall to 10. With that gaining possibility, I can't help but think how awesome it'd be to see him in a Niner uniform.

As for Jenkins, I don't see the Niners taking him. His 40 really hurt his chances of being seen as a top 10 pick. He never played safety so I would hate to take a chance on him and stick him at FS only to see him struggle.
                            Oh, I thought you were down on Crabtree earlier this offseason. Something about his route-running and separation or something like that. Maybe that was someone else.

Comment

Oh, I thought you were down on Crabtree earlier this offseason. Something about his route-running and separation or something like that. Maybe that was someone else.
                              Oh, I wasn't a fan of his ability to get separation but that was in the context of him being an top 5 pick. If he fell to us, I don't see how we could pass on him. He's a receiving threat that we've been missing on offense for a while. Morgan/Hill/Crabs = Heavenly.

Comment

• I would be all for some Crabs in San Fran.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information