This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Not likely to happen but let's just say if the draft unfolded like this, I'd sleep pretty damn well that weekend:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB
    2) Eben Britton/Phil Loadholt RT
    3) Ron Brace NT
    4) Rashad Jennings RB
    5) Brooks Foster WR
    6) Stephen McGee QB
    7) Frantz Joseph/Worrell Williams ILB
    You criticize me for having Quinn Johnson in the 5th? The end of the round by the way because it was a projected compensatory pick.

This mock is predicated on a lot of players falling.

Comment

• I believe that Crabs still doesn't fall to us, but there's at least SOME chance now, whereas before there was no way. If he fell, he'd be the pick, especially with Johnson not returning.

I'm not sold on Jenkins at all, and the combine killed his draft stock. He may not be the first CB off the board now (Vontae Davis) and the Niners would be foolish to take him at 10. If they wanted him, they should trade down into the teens at least. And, if Vontae is the best CB in the Draft, I don't want him either. ONE overpaid (and overdrafted) DAVIS with an ego is enough for this team!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
        You criticize me for having Quinn Johnson in the 5th? The end of the round by the way because it was a projected compensatory pick.

This mock is predicated on a lot of players falling.
        I said it's "not likely to happen." I don't believe any of those players will fall, that was just something I wish would happen.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• If we picked up either Williams or Brinkley we'd have a pretty sick LB rotation. Now if we could only find an effective pass rusher.

Comment

• In the latest Kirwan mock, he has us taking DHB. I wouldn't be totally against that. He also has Beanie Wells dropping out the 1st round which also excites me.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              In the latest Kirwan mock, he has us taking DHB. I wouldn't be totally against that. He also has Beanie Wells dropping out the 1st round which also excites me.
              No way Beanie drops out of the first after his combine performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                No way Beanie drops out of the first after his combine performance.
                Apparently that was post combine since he talks about DHB's 40 time.

Comment

• Gibril Wilson signed with Dolphins.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...gibril_wilson/

We got beat by the Tuna, though they reportedly gave him a 5 year deal. I don't think the Niners were ready to give him a long term contract like that.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I think that the 49ers should really go after Fred Taylor. I live in Jacksonville and can tell you guys first hand that he still has something left in the tank. Sign him, don't resign Foster, and go into next season with our running back rotation Gore/Taylor/Clayton.

Comment

I think that the 49ers should really go after Fred Taylor. I live in Jacksonville and can tell you guys first hand that he still has something left in the tank. Sign him, don't resign Foster, and go into next season with our running back rotation Gore/Taylor/Clayton.
                      They already said Foster is not coming back. I really want to see Thomas Clayton get a chance, but if he hasn't gotten one yet it must be for a good reason. Looking at the FA class I hope we either bring in Justin Griffith, or Norris. I really want Kalif Barnes after reading some of the latest FA articles it sounds like the prices won't be as high as we think due to the economy so there still might be a chance.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

I think that the 49ers should really go after Fred Taylor. I live in Jacksonville and can tell you guys first hand that he still has something left in the tank. Sign him, don't resign Foster, and go into next season with our running back rotation Gore/Taylor/Clayton.
                        I would love that.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          I would love that.
                          He is probably going to be a Bill or a Patriot though.

Comment

• I'm starting to think if we go defense with the number ten pick, and someone like Oher falls into the 20's we should trade up and get him like we did with Willis/Staley.

Comment

• I dont want Crabtree at all and while I still favor Jenkins, I dont think that he's worth the 10th pick anymore. If we coud trade down to 15, still get him and an extra pick, that would be great.

At 10, im leaning towards OLB Everette Brown because we need a pass rusher badly.

Comment

• Another guy we should consider is Kevin Burnett from Dallas. He is a young guy that could be our TED for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information