Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worrell williams, patrick chung and sammie stroughter. those are my homer picks that make sense. Williams to pair with willis, chung to fill the left after keith lewis left plus the added irony that they play the same position and went to the same school. stroughter to return punts and kicks when rossum hangs them up plus a wr with strong hands and shifty in the open field
    “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• any rumored fa's coming to sf?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
        any rumored fa's coming to sf?
        Barrows says they are going after Moran Norris. Article up on PFT has SF in the running for Canty, with a rumored visit sometime this week:
        Breer reports that Canty will visit Washington on Friday, Tennessee on Saturday, Seattle on Monday, and San Francisco at some point thereafter.
        http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,144604
          Demetric Evans, Moran Norris, and Brandon Jones all visiting SF today.
          Tennessee Titans wide receiver Brandon Jones is visiting today with San Francisco, a source told FOXSports.com.

A four-year NFL veteran, Jones is coming off his best season with the Titans. He had career-highs in catches (41) and yards (449) while starting seven of 16 games.
          Jones would be a very nice pick up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
            Demetric Evans, Moran Norris, and Brandon Jones all visiting SF today.
            Evans would most likely be for depth and competition at the DE position. I wouldn't be shocked if Norris is signed within minutes of showing up. Brandon Jones would be a nice catch. I remember seeing on one of the blogs that Scot wanted to get at least 2 WRs this off-season, be it through the draft or FA.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• With the rumors of Evans and Canty, it appears that Scot McCloughan is collecting 3-4 DE's much like Jon Gruden collected QBs. It's already a tremendously deep position and 2 of the 4 guys who have scheduled visits are DE's. I'm really not getting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                With the rumors of Evans and Canty, it appears that Scot McCloughan is collecting 3-4 DE's much like Jon Gruden collected QBs. It's already a tremendously deep position and 2 of the 4 guys who have scheduled visits are DE's. I'm really not getting it.
                It's probably because our pass rush sucks. You can never have enough good linemen. We don't have much as it is.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

With the rumors of Evans and Canty, it appears that Scot McCloughan is collecting 3-4 DE's much like Jon Gruden collected QBs. It's already a tremendously deep position and 2 of the 4 guys who have scheduled visits are DE's. I'm really not getting it.
                  From Maiocco's blog:
                  8:21 a.m.: Brandon Jones is, indeed, scheduled to visit the 49ers. That has been confirmed. However, the 49ers have not (yet) arranged visits with Demetric Evans or Moran Norris.

8:28 a.m.: It should be added that Jones is visiting the 49ers today. This is, obviously, a sure sign the 49ers want to sign this guy. I don't think they've had a player in for a first-day visit and allowed him to leave without a contract.
                  Jones' profile for those who are curious: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8510
                  Last edited by Brent; 02-27-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• I don't think Jones is any better than any receiver on our roster right now.

EDIT: Word is we resigned Rossum. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      It's probably because our pass rush sucks. You can never have enough good linemen. We don't have much as it is.
                      3-4 DE's shouldn't be accumulating many sacks. Besides, the 49ers just broke the bank signing Justin Smith (3-4 DE), gave Sopoaga a $20 Million contract (3-4 DE) and drafted Kentwan Balmer with their 1st pick last season (3-4 DE). Add that to Ray McDonald, and you have ALOT, seriously ALOT of coin tied up in a position that isn't very glamorous. Now they want to bring in Chris Canty and Demetric Evans? I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                        I don't think Jones is any better than any receiver on our roster right now.

EDIT: Word is we resigned Rossum. :D
                        They dont know if Bruce is coming back so that leaves Battle, Hill, Morgan and Ziggy. Most teams like to have 6 WRs on the active roster. I dont see the harm in bringing him in like they did with Johnson last year.

Comment

• Barrows confirms Rossum resigning

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/

Comment

• johnson is good as gone, jones may come cheaper and is a bit younger...has been decent in tenn.

Comment

3-4 DE's shouldn't be accumulating many sacks. Besides, the 49ers just broke the bank signing Justin Smith (3-4 DE), gave Sopoaga a $20 Million contract (3-4 DE) and drafted Kentwan Balmer with their 1st pick last season (3-4 DE). Add that to Ray McDonald, and you have ALOT, seriously ALOT of coin tied up in a position that isn't very glamorous. Now they want to bring in Chris Canty and Demetric Evans? I don't get it.
                              Would you prefer they stick with the players that aren't getting the job done? Who cares how much money is tied up in those guys. We have a ton of cap room (every year). Cap concerns are a distant past with this team. Hell, they're a distant past for most every team. Look at the Redskins. They had $8M in cap space and just signed DeAngelo Hall and Albert Haynesworth. Our front office knows how to navigate the cap real well too.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                Would you prefer they stick with the players that aren't getting the job done? Who cares how much money is tied up in those guys. We have a ton of cap room (every year). Cap concerns are a distant past with this team. Hell, they're a distant past for most every team. Look at the Redskins. They had $8M in cap space and just signed DeAngelo Hall and Albert Haynesworth. Our front office knows how to navigate the cap real well too.
                                I don't believe that one season is enough to know if these guys can get the job done. The starting DEs in 2007 were Bryant Young and Marques Douglas. The 49ers signed Justin Smith and drafted Kentwan Balmer just last season. Ray McDonald saw his first significant time last season as well and is still extremely young. History has shown that these types of players take time to develop and what type of development is gained if the players are being constantly shuffled?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information