Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We signed Norris to a three year deal today :)
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• The Redskins may have signed Haynesworth/Hall but they release players and re-do other player contracts EVERY year.

Comment

• I dont want to overpay Canty and would rather see us bring in Olshansky but if Manusky isnt mentioning him to anyone than obviously he's not worth going after.

Oh well, its going to be boring but that's okay. Better than overpaying players we dont need or want.

Comment

• if the FO is really that set in getting some more DEs, i would much rather we spend a 6th rounder or something on a guy like Rulon Davis from Cal, then overpay some FA

Comment

• Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee says the 49ers are not among the teams pursuing free-agent defensive lineman Igor Olshansky.

off espn.com

Comment

• Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee says the 49ers are showing interest in Cowboys tight end Tony Curtis. Curtis could replace Bajema, who is drawing interest from the 49ers, Jets and Rams.

Comment

• Barrows reports that we reached a deal with Spikes for 2 years:

3:26 p.m. Alex Marvez of Foxsports.com reports that the 49ers have agreed to terms with inside linebacker Takeo Spikes on a two-year contract. Spikes had an excellent season in 2008, finishing second on the team in tackles and pairing well with youngster Patrick Willis. Immediately after the season ended, Spikes spoke glowingly of Willis and the 49ers and said he wanted to return in 2009. The 49ers have not groomed any young players to play the "ted" linebacker spot Spikes played in 2008.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Thank God Spikes re-signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    Thank God Spikes re-signed.
                    Yes! Great work.

Comment

• Scotty Mac was true to his word when he said they would be "taking care of their own guys" instead of making a huge splash in FA. I'm really glad they're not even considering overpaying Housh for 10+ Mil a year.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Well with the signing of Spikes we have brought back all the guys I wanted lol. I still would like to have Bajema back though.

Comment

• Spikes - Check
                          Rossum - Check
                          Norris - Check

Nice work, Scotty, nice work.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing Jones leave SF with a contract. Couldn't hurt, so long as he doesn't wear the cursed #81 jersey.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• If Jones can be signed for reasonable money, then I'd be on board for this transaction as well. He can fill in for the role they wanted Bryant Johnson for last season. The WR core still needs another playmaker. Hopefully Crabs will fall!

Nate Washington was someone whom I thought the Niners would go after. Perhaps they might if something can't be worked out with Jones. It would be nice to add a proven deep threat (Washington) to the WRs.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                                Nate Washington was someone whom I thought the Niners would go after. Perhaps they might if something can't be worked out with Jones. It would be nice to add a proven deep threat (Washington) to the WRs.
                                I think if Jones is signed, that's all we'll see in FA for the WR position. I believe that they'll target a WR in the draft during the later rounds. I remember after last year's draft reading about how Morgan was targeted because Scot thinks quality WRs can always be found in later rounds.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information