Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to say I've liked what we've done so far. Not over spending on 2nd hand players was my biggest concern. Nice to have Norris and Spikes back and Jones intrigues me. Love to get some OL depth (starter) if its out there.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Originally posted by GMoney View Post
      I believe I read somewhere that Jones ran a 4.38 recently.

That is deep threat speed if your asking me.

I agree that this is a good safe signing. 3 mill a year is not much to be paying a guy who MAY be a #2 or #3 WR.

What has happened to Battle. He seems to be very unliked recently. No love for Battle at #3 anymore? Is JHill a #2? Can morgan beat #1 corners?
      He ran that at the combine when he was coming out of college. Battle was the best WR on the team when the team was crappier than we are now. The talent on this team is finally starting to reach a level that is comparable to other teams in the league, and thus he's losing out to younger and more talented guys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Warner coming to town:

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ers-radar.html

Warner is scheduled to visit the 49ers, perhaps on Monday, according to sources close to the situation.
        Sunday is the big day, if Canty and Warner go unsigned, both will be here sometime this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          He ran that at the combine when he was coming out of college. Battle was the best WR on the team when the team was crappier than we are now. The talent on this team is finally starting to reach a level that is comparable to other teams in the league, and thus he's losing out to younger and more talented guys.
          I still think Battle is our best slot option on this team. It is nice to finally have a young talented receiving corps though.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Ray Willis (Seahawks) and Khalif Barnes (Jaguars) are both still available to solidify the right tackle position. Both are only 27 and pretty good right tackles.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
              Ray Willis (Seahawks) and Khalif Barnes (Jaguars) are both still available to solidify the right tackle position. Both are only 27 and pretty good right tackles.
              From what I have heard we have no interest in Barnes. I have not heard a thing about Willis.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Warner coming to town:

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ers-radar.html

Sunday is the big day, if Canty and Warner go unsigned, both will be here sometime this week.
                Disaster...

Comment

• I would be shocked if they signed Warner. I bet his agent is using that to push negotiations with the Cards, which is fine with me as it would hurt the Cards.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I am not so sure I would want Canty. We just drafted Balmer and have Justin Smith. I want to see Ray continue to develope as well.

Comment

• I agree,

I really dont see the need to get a DE at all. We have 2 LE (Soap and Balmer) we have 2 RE (Smith and McDonald) and we have an NT (Franklin).

Maybe they feel they need to go 2 quality players deep at each spot. In which case a Canty/Olshansky would allow Soap to move to NT.

If they sign a DE though, you can almost eliminate Raji from the draft board. No way we are going to keep 7 quality DL on a team that runs a 3-4. Just plain silly.

Comment

• The signing of Brandon Jones was pretty good but I think I would rather of them get Devery Henderson. Either way, He's a legitimate WR that didn't cost much to bring in.

Comment

• The whole Warner thing might be a diabolical scheme by Scotty Mac so that Warner takes up too much of the Cardinal's cap space.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            The whole Warner thing might be a diabolical scheme by Scotty Mac so that Warner takes up too much of the Cardinal's cap space.
                            I bet that's what it is. Oh and Devery can't catch so i'm glad we didn't get him :).

Comment

• Watch it about Devery Henderson pal, :)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                I would be shocked if they signed Warner. I bet his agent is using that to push negotiations with the Cards, which is fine with me as it would hurt the Cards.
                                I imagine so, and whilst Lienart might work out, the Cards have to be terrified at the prospect of losing him to a division rival, but the visit has me spooked. I can just see one of those shock signings coming...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information