Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crabtree love has confused me all season. There's nothing about his game that screams "can't miss" top-10. Don't get me wrong, he is obviously a talent but alot about him scares me. That and I've never been a proponent of "hoping someone falls in the draft". If they're falling, there's a reason, and sometimes it's important to pay attention to those reasons.

The best comparison I can cme up with for Crabtree is that he is a slower, shorter Braylon Edwards with better hands. That doesn't scream "lock #1 WR" to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      The Crabtree love has confused me all season. There's nothing about his game that screams "can't miss" top-10. Don't get me wrong, he is obviously a talent but alot about him scares me. That and I've never been a proponent of "hoping someone falls in the draft". If they're falling, there's a reason, and sometimes it's important to pay attention to those reasons.

The best comparison I can cme up with for Crabtree is that he is a slower, shorter Braylon Edwards with better hands. That doesn't scream "lock #1 WR" to me.
      When someone falls it doesn't necessarily mean that the teams that passed on him knows a secret no one else does. It doesn't mean the prospect has a flaw. It might mean the only team before us that supposedly needed a receiver, doesn't need a receiver, and thus he falls to us.

I don't know about the speed thing. I do know he's better after the catch than Braylon and didn't play in a pro style offense like Braylon did. He displays better natural hands than Braylon but Braylon positions his body better when fighting for a ball. IMO, there two different receiver but two of my favorite nonetheless.

To not be in love with Michael Crabtree, I would think you didn't watch any Tech games at all this season.

Comment

• Actually I saw 6 or 7 games this season and a handful last season. I like him. I LOVED Calvin Johnson. They're in no way similar. CJ screamed "lock". Crabtree does not.

Comment

Actually I saw 6 or 7 games this season and a handful last season. I like him. I LOVED Calvin Johnson. They're in no way similar. CJ screamed "lock". Crabtree does not.
          Crabs was pretty dinged up most the year and just played hurt. As someone who has seen him live and numerous times on TV in the past two years, I have nothing but adoration for his abilities.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Don't get me wrong. I do like him. I just have questions about his abilities outside of a wide open offense. Would I complain if the 49ers were able to draft him, absolutely not. But to say that if he's still on the board at #10 he ABSOLUTELY HAS to be the guy taken... I won't say that.

Comment

• what about trading down and getting rey maualuga? you guys are bringing up age, he can play middle. i'm not sold on orakapo. i feel like he's got one move and would love the bengals or browns to take him. everette brown would be solid but now i'm kind of curious since sf has not signed any de's, dt's, or ilb's.

on a side note, i am cool w/ balmer playing dt no need to take raji @ 10. sopo though however, at times this season look lost. don' t like franklin much either. still think a guy like ron brace or terrance taylor in the later rounds are a better fit than sopo, franklin or fields even.

Comment

• I dont think we'll trade down but I bet that is what Scot is hoping for.

Comment

• my mock

1. everette brown
                  2. phil loadholt
                  3. patrick chung - fs/ss
                  4. jermiah johnson - rb
                  5. worrell williams - ilb
                  6. myron pryor - dt
                  7. stephen mcgee - qb

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                    my mock

1. everette brown
                    2. phil loadholt
                    3. patrick chung - fs/ss
                    4. jermiah johnson - rb
                    6. myron pryor - dt
                    7. stephen mcgee - qb
                    I'd love that

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      I dont think we'll trade down but I bet that is what Scot is hoping for.
                      i think their is volume in this draft just nobody that jumps out. there is no way in he*l i'd trade up for anyone right now besides j.smith or aaron curry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        I'd love that
                        i hope thats the way it goes

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                          my mock

1. everette brown
                          2. phil loadholt
                          3. patrick chung - fs/ss
                          4. jermiah johnson - rb
                          6. myron pryor - dt
                          7. stephen mcgee - qb
                          That is about perfect.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I do like him. I just have questions about his abilities outside of a wide open offense. Would I complain if the 49ers were able to draft him, absolutely not. But to say that if he's still on the board at #10 he ABSOLUTELY HAS to be the guy taken... I won't say that.
                            For me, the negatives I hear about Crabtree (aside from the offense he played in) sound a lot like the ones I heard about Anquan when he came out. Doesn't have the separation, can't be a #1 guy, good hands, glorified posession receievere, etc...

And the questions/concerns about his offense can be solved by watching film. He can either run routes or he can't. Yes, his stats are inflated for sure, but his ABILITIES don't change. A ten yard dig in Martz's offense is the same as a 10 yard dig in Raye's, just like it is in any other.

If he falls, he is the pick in my opinion.

With that said, :) he won't fall.
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• This may be a reach, but do you think the common set of values (yes, the religion card) is going to benefit us today with Singletary and Warner?
                              Originally posted by Babylon
                              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                                This may be a reach, but do you think the common set of values (yes, the religion card) is going to benefit us today with Singletary and Warner?
                                maybe.
                                if the intent of making alex smith your future @ qb this is the guy to mentor him. Hill with all do respect can' teach smith all that warner does. the offense is real young and a proven winner like warner would be a great and welcomed addition to this tem.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information