Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all these conversations in the sports news going on about Cutler, I'm surprised nobody on here is commenting on him. Let me be the first, saying that if Denver is silly enough to trade him, we should do what it takes to get Jay. He would be an easy answer to our QBOTF question, and if it takes our first or second pick this year, that's a small price to pay. Trade for Jay, release/restructure Alex, get another OT to protect him, a big back to bruise, a WR to develop, and that would be one hell of a talented young offense!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
      With all these conversations in the sports news going on about Cutler, I'm surprised nobody on here is commenting on him. Let me be the first, saying that if Denver is silly enough to trade him, we should do what it takes to get Jay. He would be an easy answer to our QBOTF question, and if it takes our first or second pick this year, that's a small price to pay. Trade for Jay, release/restructure Alex, get another OT to protect him, a big back to bruise, a WR to develop, and that would be one hell of a talented young offense!
      I think it hasn't been discussed because it sounds pretty far fetched. I can't imagine a new regime in Denver trading away it's best building block for the franchise.

In order for it to work though, I think our front office would have to sell the notion to the broncos, that we are targetting Sanchez. Sanchez and a 2nd for Cutler is how Denver would view that. And if that's the case, maybe they would wait till draft day like a Rivers/Manning type trade, so that they are ensured sanchez would indeed be there so they don't trade cutler and miss out on sanchez (ha ha, that would be hillarious).

I just have a difficult time believing Denver would be willing to part ways with him.
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• As for Cutler, Peter King is reporting that Cutler asked to be traded weeks ago and when McDaniels actually considered it, he started playing the "victim" card.

Originally posted by Peter King
        I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here.

Comment

• Peter King sucks. We could never get Cutler, so it's a mute point.

However, things seem to be heating up with the Warner talks. I don't know what's going on there but I don't think we're a good fit for Warner.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
            I don't think we're a good fit for Warner.
            I don't think that he's a good fit for half our cap space!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• He will be really average in our offense unless we tweak it to his strengths.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I think the real question is...

How much better or worse is Kurt Warner as QB than Shaun Hill? and

Is it worth the 2 year deal to hurt the Cardinals?

The 22' Land Rover Limo is reportedly at 4949 awaiting Kurt Warner, as we speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  I think the real question is...

How much better or worse is Kurt Warner as QB than Shaun Hill? and

Is it worth the 2 year deal to hurt the Cardinals?

The 22' Land Rover Limo is reportedly at 4949 awaiting Kurt Warner, as we speak.
                  Shaun vs. Kurt? I think Kurt Warner is better than Shaun Hill. From an ability standpoint and an experience standpoint. I know he's 38, but in my opinion Kurt Warner has an edge over Shaun Hill.

Is it worth the 2 year deal to hurt the Cardinals? I say Yes. We are in a position right now where we have been able to really take care of our own guys. So it's not as if Kurt is stealing from business we should be attending to (like in AZ where they have plenty to worry about in-house) in our own locker room. And yes, speeding up the process of the Cardinals falling from grace is an absolute added bonus.

Comment

• Can I , because of this, assume that you're not against Warner being signed by San Francisco?

I tend to agree with you on both accounts.

The way I look at it... if Warner struggles terribly or gets injured, the 49ers still have Shaun Hill/Alex Smith/Draft Pick. Which, obviously is what they have without the signing.

That's worse case scenario and the contract would be the cost of hurting the Cardinals badly.

This might sound like a ridiculous concept but I find it "figuratively" worth $10 Million just to have Kurt Warner NOT on the Cardinals. Not only does it hurt them at the QB position but it could significantly lower the production of Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                      Can I , because of this, assume that you're not against Warner being signed by San Francisco?

I tend to agree with you on both accounts.

The way I look at it... if Warner struggles terribly or gets injured, the 49ers still have Shaun Hill/Alex Smith/Draft Pick. Which, obviously is what they have without the signing.

That's worse case scenario and the contract would be the cost of hurting the Cardinals badly.

This might sound like a ridiculous concept but I find it "figuratively" worth $10 Million just to have Kurt Warner NOT on the Cardinals. Not only does it hurt them at the QB position but it could significantly lower the production of Fitzgerald and Boldin.
                      I will say it. I am not against the 49ers signing Kurt Warner. I will not buy his jersey, nor will he be my favorite player, i'm just not against it. If we do, I think it's an improvement at a position, and it gives Alex someone who he can pick his brain. I'm perfectly fine with that.

As far as it being worth 10 million or so to have Warner NOT with the Cardinals, I see where some would say that's ridiculous, but I don't think it's that far fetched.

Here's another thing to consider. As unhappy as Anquan is in AZ, do you think he comes back - making less than what he feels he deserves - so he can catch balls from Matt Leinart? I'm not so sure he does.

So in Theory, AZ could lose Warner and Boldin because of...us :). Okay, that's a reach, but if you let it simmer a bit it makes sense.

Comment

• We can no longer haz Mark Sanchezzz? I'm crushed ;)
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I definitely have mixed feelings about signing Kurt Warner. On one hand it does take away from the Cardinals and I do see value in that.

Kurt's stats and value were inflated with the athleticism of Fitz and Boldin. Just throw the ball up and they'll come down with it. I'm also not convinced that Hill or Smith will be the answer at quarterback, but I am one of the few that is still hopeful on Smith. Part of me would hate to see another factor come in to slow the (already slower than molasses) process of Smith becoming a viable starter.

If we could somehow infuse Warner's ability to make quick and accurate reads/throws into Alex Smith, we would have an ideal quarterback for years to come and not just an expensive quarterback who may or may not have a couple of productive years left.

Comment

• Some good stuff from Sando, highlighting this whole Warner situation and how real it is.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest

From reading that, the AZ offer was received as a slap in the face.

Comment

• I think it is ridiculous to NOT want Warner. No matter where he goes, he will be awesome.

I believe if we sign him, we become an automatic contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                                I think it is ridiculous to NOT want Warner. No matter where he goes, he will be awesome.

I believe if we sign him, we become an automatic contender.
                                I don't know about all of that. Warner does not solve every problem we're facing, but yes he would be part of the solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information