This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent
    As up and down Derek Anderson has been, I dont see Quinn going anywhere.
    I dont either but I am holding out hope that Anderson starts lighting it up. Oh well, I could deal with Smith/Hill/Garcia going into 2009 simply because there arent any other options and in no way, shape or form would I draft another QB in the first round unless his last name was Montana or Young and is obviously the son of Joe/Steve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev
      2 things Dan.

1. I was reading about Alice Smith yesterday and I think it said if we cut him this offseason, then we take a $4M cap hit and free up $7M in cap space. That will be needed to sign a stud Dlineman like we're talking about here.

2. Your abject hatred for Jennings always impressed me. From the very start, you've hated him with great fury. I'm at the point where I'm 90% sure he raped your cat.
      According to ninercaphell.com, Smith still has over $16m in guaranteed money for 2009 and 2010. I dont know how the cap hit would only be $4m. After all, he WAS the highest paid 49er in history so I doubt that it's only $4m. In fact, it sounds to good to be true.

LOL. I dont have a cat or any other pet but nonetheless, I hate Jennings because he sucked in BUF and he's either sucked or been injury prone for us. Plus, he moved from LT to RT which if you think about is like a demotion which tells me that he's crap and the team is just trying to get him in the lineup due to his salary. I say put his ass on IR, send Sims to the bench, Start Snyder at RT and Baas/Rachal at the OG spots and see what happens the rest of the season.

I know that I'll get flamed for this but im going to admit it anyway - I rather have Kwame Harris at RT who at the very least is a good run blocker as opposed to Jennings who sucks in every aspect excluding injuries since he seems to do that with pretty good consistency year in and year out.

Time to get Jennings the **** out of SF.

Comment

• Holy crap!!!

Out of a possible 56 games, Jennings has missed 33 games. Get this overpaid overrated injury prone mother ****** outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          obviously the son of Joe
          http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...na_nate00.html

there is another that plays for a private school somewhere in California.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Holy ****!!!!!

Is that really the son of Joe Montana and if so, is he any good? And I see that he plays for Notre Dame which is on every week here in NY. If he's the QB, im going to have to start watching to see how he plays.

See, you do learn something new everyday. LOL.

Comment

• Crap. I just realized that he's a freshman. Oh well, by the time he leaves college, we'll probably still need a franchise QB the way we're going.

I'm pissed and psyched at the same time. :( :)

Comment

• Yeah, I just read an article of him being a walk-on at ND after doing a google search on him. My friend is going to flipout because he always makes fun of me - he goes, what you need Dan is for your team to get the son of Montana, Young or hell, even Garcia. LOL. He's going to be pissed off later.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• I want to see how Hill does before I make a choice on a QB.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Yeah, I just read an article of him being a walk-on at ND after doing a google search on him. My friend is going to flipout because he always makes fun of me - he goes, what you need Dan is for your team to get the son of Montana, Young or hell, even Garcia. LOL. He's going to be pissed off later.

Thanks for the info.
                    Yeah he could have actually gone to some other places and played but he wanted to walk on there as a tribute to his father.

Comment

• coaching changes, hopeful free agents and draft picks 1-4

ok, as I much as I love Mike S. on the microphone and how he's trying to get the sf players bought in...lets be realistic, there is going to be a new coach next season.
                      here is a short list of guys I hope they talk to.

Steve Spangulao - ny giants d.c.
                      Jimmie Johnson - phil eagles d.c.
                      Josh Mcdaniels - ne pats o.c.
                      Dean Pees - ne pats d.c.
                      Jim Shwartz - tenn titans d.c.
                      Bill Cowher - retired

free agents:
                      kurt warner - matt cassell
                      T.J. Houshmandzadeh/Lee Evans/Shaun Mcdonald - not all but at least one
                      Marc Columbo
                      Nnamdi Asomugha
                      Karlos Dansby

release the following:
                      alex smith
                      jonas jennings
                      david bass
                      barry sims
                      issac sopogoa
                      keith lewis

draft picks 1-4
                      michael oher
                      juaquin igelsias
                      brandon underwood
                      dannell eleerbe

Comment

• Moved your post to where it should be. I'm trying to keep this organized so we dont have the same thing being discussed in multiple threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Moved your post to where it should be. I'm trying to keep this organized so we dont have the same thing being discussed in multiple threads.
                          thanks. as long as it keeps up.

Comment

• Why would we release Baas, Ice, and Alex?

Comment

• Ice was just signed to a 5 year deal. I doubt they'd let him go. Franklin is the one who has to go!

I'm on record that they should work with Alex to revise his contract for backup money. I think he still has a chance to be successful with this team, and he's just as much of a gamble as any FA in '09. Rex Grossman? JP Losman? No thank you!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I think with Nolan gone there is a good chance Alex will come back. Ice has had a good season ro reason to let him go. Franklin has been really inconsistant I would not have a problem with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information