Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if all it does is make AZ pay more and creates tension between AZ and Warner, that's smart buisness. It isnt like the organization can't afford to make Warner's visit to San Francisco feel swank and what not, so why not spend some cash to hurt another team?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
      I think it is ridiculous to NOT want Warner. No matter where he goes, he will be awesome.

I believe if we sign him, we become an automatic contender.
      I wouldn't go that far, not by a long shot.

Comment

• If we sign Warner, it looks like a "win now" atmosphere. That being said, we need a pass rusher and another "old timer" Jason Taylor, was just released by the Redskins. Anyone interested in him? He is just shorty removed from Defensive Player of the Year honors and has extensive knowledge and had success in the 3-4 as a pass rushing OLB.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
          If we sign Warner, it looks like a "win now" atmosphere. That being said, we need a pass rusher and another "old timer" Jason Taylor, was just released by the Redskins. Anyone interested in him? He is just shorty removed from Defensive Player of the Year honors and has extensive knowledge and had success in the 3-4 as a pass rushing OLB.
          Prima-donna, we can do better. Though we might be able to attract him if we let him live in Hollywood...

Comment

• Prima-donna that recently led the NFL in sacks?

I don't care if he likes to shave his arms or if he likes to drink cosmos, so long as he can put some QBs on their a**es!

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Not overly excited about Jason Taylor I think he will go to the Bucs. If Warner is not playing for the Cardinals then it's a good signing as far as i'm concerned. If Singletary does open up the offense for Warner if we sign him then I am all for it.
              Last edited by Menardo75; 03-02-2009, 06:00 PM.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Prima-donna that recently led the NFL in sacks?

I don't care if he likes to shave his arms or if he likes to drink cosmos, so long as he can put some QBs on their a**es!
                I don't think he can anymore. I think he has lost his passion for the game.

Comment

Well he did just that a grand total of 3 1/2 times last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    Well he did just that a grand total of 3 1/2 times last season.
                    Yeah i'm not diggin' the Jason Taylor business.
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      Yeah i'm not diggin' the Jason Taylor business.
                      If he showed that he was still tremendously passionate about football I might think differently but at this point all signs point to him being more concerned about his career after football. That is absolutely without a doubt his right, but it won't win me over as a potential buyer. The fact that he never showed an interest for regaining the weight he lost on Dancing With the Stars, and refused to be involved in the Redskins offseason workouts simply cements my persoanl belief on it. I very well could be wrong, but he wouldn't be a risk I'd be willing to take at this point in his career.

Comment

• I would prefer if we didnt sign players over the age of 30 but that's just me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I wasn't necessarily diggin Taylor either, but it's worth bringing up as there really aren't many pass rushers on the market and we all agree the Niners need more of pass rush.

I bet he goes to San Diego so he can model during the bye week.

Comment

• I'm still hoping we bring Marques Douglas. Before last year he had a 5 year stretch (2003-2007) as one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                              I'm still hoping we bring Marques Douglas. Before last year he had a 5 year stretch (2003-2007) as one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league.
                              Wouldn't be totally opposed to it. The only reason we didn't bring him back was because he wanted an ass load of money.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Word is, from a good source (nothing official) is that he wants to come back to San fran. I've been told this because my source (a 49er webmaster) has been granted an interview with him. No indications on interest from the 49ers however, or how close they would be money wise with Douglass.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information