Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that if Parys is replaced in the starting front 7, then he will be used as a glorified Rod Green on 3rd downs and in blitzing situations.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      What is your take on his...

1. Inability to gain back the weight he lost while dancing on TV?
      2. Unwillingness to participate in offseason workouts?
      I do admit there are many red flags with Jason Taylor. He dropped down to around 225 for dancing with the stars from about 250 from March to May. Then took some time off before training camp. He defintely didn't realize how hard it was going to be to put the weight back on in about a month in a half.

I have no problem with him not participating in offseason workouts, even though it does surprise me how much money he turned down not to participate, it is common around the league and as long as he is in shape for TC I don't have an issue with it.

Comment

• I pray I don't have to watch Damon Huard play one meaningful down for SF next season.

Also Eric Green is coming in for a visit tomorrow:
        http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...ry/933209.html
        Green, a native of Pahokee and graduate of Clewiston High, will visit Tennessee on Thursday and San Francisco on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          Awesome, I heart Singletary. I am happy they didn't drag some BS competition through mini camps and training camp.

Comment

• I can't wait for the Raiders to sign TO to a RIDICULOUS contract.

Karma.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
              I can't wait for the Raiders to sign TO to a RIDICULOUS contract.

Karma.
              I can see that. Great I will have to listen to Dan rant about how we need T.O. and Jason Taylor, and how we need to be in a 4-3. Can't wait.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                I like him as a situational pass rusher but he is not the OLB that can consistently pressure the QB that we need.
                Neither are all the OLBs on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  Neither are all the OLBs on the team.
                  That is why one of our first two picks must be a pass rusher. I think Manny Lawson could fill the role but I'm fine with his role right now.

Comment

• I would LOVE to see T.O. back in a 49ers uniform but I know that its not going to happen. If we had a better offense and he was the missing piece, i would go on a bring back T.O. rant but thats not the case so I wont.

And like Philly three years ago, there's no reason for me to cheer for the Cowboys anymore.

I'm hoping T.O. goes to the Giants (since I live in NY) or the Colts.

Comment

• He's going to be a Raider.

Comment

• 3 round mock

1) M. Oher o.t ole miss
                        physical o.t. prospect with tremendous upside is brought in to play right tackle...can be a very dominate right tackle and has the talent to develope into a franchise left tackle.

2) C. Matthews olb usc
                        extremely athletic playmaker is a perfect fit to your scheme, fills a need and is great value here....fierce pass rusher with a great feel for the game.

3) M. Pryor n.t. kentucky
                        prototypical 3-4 n.t. will bring a physical presence to your defense....fills a need....sleeper

complete mock here
                        http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?

Comment

• Cardinals free-agent CB Eric Green is scheduled to visit the 49ers today.
                          http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...t-the-day.html

I think he would be a decent backup. With Clements, Harris, Spencer, and a young and improving Brown, i think Green could round out our depth at CB quite nicely. And i wonder if signing Green might mean a move for Reggie Smith to FS?

Comment

• 49ers Hire Offensive Asst. Jason Michael

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5183

Looks like some youthful help for the O. Anybody have any good info on this guy that isn't covered in the article?

Comment

• I would really like the Eric Green signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                i wonder if signing Green might mean a move for Reggie Smith to FS?
                                They said when they drafted him that he would be tried at CB first and if that did not work out he would then move to FS.

Also for those hoping that we take a NT in the draft, think about this: when Sopo signed his recent contract, the FO used the contract of Jay Ratliff for their model. I think they'll move Sopo back to NT since Franklin is a Free Agent in 2010. Evans competes with Balmer at LE where they probably expect Balmer to take over and now you have the following depth chart:

RE: Smith | McDonald
                                NT: Sopo | Franklin
                                LE: Evans | Balmer

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information