Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey guys you should go into Scotts thread about Nolan and tell me what you think about what I said. It would be good to know how much you guys agree.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by chapo123
      ok, as I much as I love Mike S. on the microphone and how he's trying to get the sf players bought in...lets be realistic, there is going to be a new coach next season.
      here is a short list of guys I hope they talk to.

      Steve Spangulao - ny giants d.c.
      Jimmie Johnson - phil eagles d.c.
      Josh Mcdaniels - ne pats o.c.
      Dean Pees - ne pats d.c.
      Jim Shwartz - tenn titans d.c.
      Bill Cowher - retired

      free agents:
      kurt warner - matt cassell
      T.J. Houshmandzadeh/Lee Evans/Shaun Mcdonald - not all but at least one
      Marc Columbo
      Nnamdi Asomugha
      Karlos Dansby

      release the following:
      alex smith
      jonas jennings
      david bass
      barry sims
      issac sopogoa
      keith lewis

      draft picks 1-4
      michael oher
      juaquin igelsias
      brandon underwood
      dannell eleerbe
      HC -

      If Singletary can win at least 4 of 8, go 6-10 and show that there's some improvement, I think that he'll be back in 2009.

      FA -

      Where's Suggs? If he's available, he should easily be our number one priority. QB wise, I would much rather bring back Garcia over Warner. At least Garcia still has some mobility. Evans already resigned with BUF and isnt going anywhere. Houshmandzadeh and McDonald - no thanks. Colombo - no thanks. Asomugha - no thanks. Dansby - hell yeah.

      Release -

      Smith, probably not unless I can get Quinn which seems less and less likely with each passing week. Jennings - hell yeah. Baas, Sopoaga, Lewis - hell no. Two should be starters while the other is one of our best special teamers. I would keep Sims as a cheap backup at OT.

      Draft -

      OT Michael Oher is my first choice with the best cover CB second even though I have no clue as to who that is/will be.

      Comment


      • Why not Marc Colombo if he is available? He is a very good RT.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

        Comment


        • I've seen Colombo play. He's decent but I would rather have Staley at T and Oher at LT if possible and use the money on Suggs and Dansby.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            I've seen Colombo play. He's decent but I would rather have Staley at RT and Oher at LT
            I second this

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              I've seen Colombo play. He's decent but I would rather have Staley at T and Oher at LT if possible and use the money on Suggs and Dansby.
              yes, however i would rather not pay two young guys LT money for one of them to play RT, especially as both of them would have been drafted to play LT

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                yes, however i would rather not pay two young guys LT money for one of them to play RT, especially as both of them would have been drafted to play LT
                Well, Staley isn't getting "LT" money. He was drafted #28 overall, which is Kwame Harris RT money.

                And I'm definitely down with Oher at LT and Staley at RT. In fact, I'm down with Oher or Smith or Monroe at LT and Staley at RT.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                Comment


                • Seems like me and some of you are starting to agree on some things. Let me rephrase what I said about RT Marc Colombo. He's a solid RT and better than Sims and Jennings but I would much rather prefer moving Staley back to RT and draft LT Michael Oher.

                  Also, if the team spends money during FA, I want them to spend it on DE/OLB Terrell Suggs first and OLB Karlos Kansby second.

                  My ultimate dream would be getting both Suggs and Dansby and switching back to the 4-3. Suggs and Smith at DE with McDonald and Haralson as the backups. Sopoaga and Balmer at DT with Fields and a draft pick as the backups since I would release Franklin.

                  LB wise, Lawson and Dansby outside with Willis in the middle. Brooks can backup Willis while Green and Ulbrich can backup the outside spots. Add in Grant somewhere there too. Bringing back Spikes would depend on whether or not I can get Dansby. If not but I can get Suggs, I still go back to the 4-3 and re-sign Spikes for a year to play opposite Lawson at the OLB spots. The rest of the front seven would remain the same.

                  DB wise, Clements is set while I would draft the best cover CB in the second round plus keep Shawntae Spencer. SS Michael Lewis is set while Goldson/Smith would compete for the FS spot.

                  First round wise, I draft Oher to start at LT from day one with Staley at RT. Heitmann at C with Baas/Snyder/Rachal competing for the two starting guard spots.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Seems like me and some of you are starting to agree on some things. Let me rephrase what I said about RT Marc Colombo. He's a solid RT and better than Sims and Jennings but I would much rather prefer moving Staley back to RT and draft LT Michael Oher.

                    Also, if the team spends money during FA, I want them to spend it on DE/OLB Terrell Suggs first and OLB Karlos Kansby second.

                    My ultimate dream would be getting both Suggs and Dansby and switching back to the 4-3. Suggs and Smith at DE with McDonald and Haralson as the backups. Sopoaga and Balmer at DT with Fields and a draft pick as the backups since I would release Franklin.

                    LB wise, Lawson and Dansby outside with Willis in the middle. Brooks can backup Willis while Green and Ulbrich can backup the outside spots. Add in Grant somewhere there too. Bringing back Spikes would depend on whether or not I can get Dansby. If not but I can get Suggs, I still go back to the 4-3 and re-sign Spikes for a year to play opposite Lawson at the OLB spots. The rest of the front seven would remain the same.

                    DB wise, Clements is set while I would draft the best cover CB in the second round plus keep Shawntae Spencer. SS Michael Lewis is set while Goldson/Smith would compete for the FS spot.

                    First round wise, I draft Oher to start at LT from day one with Staley at RT. Heitmann at C with Baas/Snyder/Rachal competing for the two starting guard spots.
                    I'm on board with this [borat ducks to avoid flying pigs]

                    Suggs + Dansby = massive success. I don't think it will happen, but I'd cream my pants if it did. And yes, if it did happen, I'd pray we could land one of the top LTs in Oher/Monroe/Smith. My only bone of contention is that I don't want Snyder competing for any starting position. He just isn't good enough to be a starter for us.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                    Comment


                    • Andre Smith is on the top of my wishlist for O-line. If Singletary stays then it will probably be him since his playing style is what Mike likes.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                      Comment


                      • So if we have our choice of Oher, Monroe, and Smith as our LT, which one do you guys want to pick?

                        BTW, im on board with getting a young, legit franchise LT and moving Staley back to RT. Staley has improved every game but he is still too inconsistent. And if we have a shot at a legit LT, we cant pass it up. With Baas, Heitmann, and Rachal manning the middle. That would be a success, as would getting a QB who doesn't hold onto the ball forever..
                        Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 10-29-2008, 06:12 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Staley is our franchise LT.... and I would want Andre Smith. Big physical player.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                          Comment


                          • I want an OC who is into old-school-style run it up the middle ala John Fox; a strong power running game that eats up the clock.

                            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                            Comment


                            • All for that.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                So if we have our choice of Oher, Monroe, and Smith as our LT, which one do you guys want to pick?

                                BTW, im on board with getting a young, legit franchise LT and moving Staley back to RT. Staley has improved every game but he is still too inconsistent. And if we have a shot at a legit LT, we cant pass it up. With Baas, Heitmann, and Rachal manning the middle. That would be a success, as would getting a QB who doesn't hold onto the ball forever..
                                Smith because he will make the best right tackle. Staley has been good this season outside of a few boneheaded plays, like wiffing on Peterson last week, and is improving. Give him more than 8 games, during most of which he played good to great, to call him a failure at left tackle because of a few bad plays.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information