• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    Alex Smith agrees to new deal?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...es-a-new-deal/

The question mark is there for obvious reasons
    If it's real, I am sure it will be on the blogs shortly. $2-3 million for a back up is a lot but considering that it was going to be $9 million prior to that, I guess it's better.

I'm still hoping they draft my boy, McGee haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
      Hmm. Well, hopefully this will make him want to work extra hard to become a successful NFL QB. I'm sure he would like another big payday, as well as hopefully he wants to prove people wrong.

I know I rip on the guy a lot, but I have no reason to want him to fail. Does anyone know about his dedication to becoming a successful NFL QB? I havent heard from him in a while...
      From everything I've read he stayed at 49ers Headquarters even though he was on IR. He stayed with the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        If it's real, I am sure it will be on the blogs shortly. $2-3 million for a back up is a lot but considering that it was going to be $9 million prior to that, I guess it's better.

I'm still hoping they draft my boy, McGee haha.
        You mean Jasonzzz Boltuszzz!!!!

Comment

• Confirmed on 49er website and by Barrows and Miacco

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/020527.html

Terms not announced yet

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
            You mean Jasonzzz Boltuszzz!!!!
            I don't think they'd take a guy that's that much of a project. I am still curious who they'll bring in for workouts. Not that I would be opposed to it but all the top rated D-III QBs never stick.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Hopefully Smith's restructure will put a full stop on the Smith bashing threads out there. Personally I am pleased to have him back, wish him all the best and hope that it will improve the 9ers (even if Hill beats him out). I think its honourable that he accepted less to stay with us because he felt a sense duty and a desire to make this situation right. I dont know of too many athletes in this professional world willing to do that.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• I'll agree that his loyalty to the team is to commended, but he's gonna have to really show me something if he wants to be the starter.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• This video always makes me feel good about Alex. People tend to forget about his potential. I realize he still has alot to prove and improvement to make, but he is still just 24. This video shows what he was able to do without Gore (aside from 2 plays) and Antonio Bryant "making him look good". Thanks J77 for this vid.

Last edited by phlysac; 03-10-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• When Alex was good, he was really good. When he was bad....well, we know about that. If he doesn't have permanent damage to his shoulder, then his upside is still a factor. Hopefully he makes the most out of his two years.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Really glad to have him back and i'm excited to watch him and Shaun battle it out. This should be the end of the Sanchez talk.
                      Last edited by Menardo75; 03-10-2009, 02:51 PM.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten
                        Hey, you can insult me all you want, but you leave Pau Gasol out of this! That was just a pic I picked at random and to have something to go along with my posts when I first came here. I've just never bothered with changing it. I'll find something just for you, Dan.
                        Nah, im not going to insult you. That would be too easy. LOL. Seriously, if you want to put a pic of something related to the crappy Lakers, put a photo of Bryant's wife Vanessa which is the ONLY good thing about Bryant to begin with. LOL.

Originally posted by farfromforgotten
                        Oh, I agree that Hill is the best starter we have on the roster. That doesnt mean that I agree he'd be better than Sanchez. And my last post regarding Sanchez was trying to get the people who say "he's only started 16 games" to think about what I posted and I would've liked to hear what they have to say about it. I know where you stand, Dan. You didnt really answer my question though.
                        I think I was pretty clear regarding my stance on Sanchez (or any QB for that matter including Stafford). Like everyone else has said - "he's only started 16 games" but here's what people left out - "he's only started 16 games (obviously) at the COLLEGE LEVEL" so why the hell should the team waste the 10th overall draft pick on him when Hill has already established himself and showed that he can play good and help us win games???

We drafted Smith who's been a bust thus far and has easily been surpassed by Aaron Rodgers. No reason to take that chance right now when you have a veteran QB wo has proven time and time again that he can play good and win us games. Since we released Garcia, the only QB's that I ever wanted to see us draft were Eli Manning and Matt Leinart. Granted, Leinart hasnt worked out but he was drafted by Dennis Green and when there's a new coaching regime, everything changes. Look at DEN, Cutler is a solid QB but McDaniels came in and tried to get "his" guy in Cassel but the problem is that you're just going to piss off who you already have while at the same time, trying to break in someone new who no one obviously knows.

Its not worth the risk. Stay with Hill as the starter, Smith as the backup and Huard as the veteran third stringer.

Comment

• Smith re-did his contract because in the end, his agent couldnt find anyone willing to pay him what SF was in order to keep him. Look at guys like Leftwich, Losman, Grossman, etc. They're average at best and still UFA's so obviously, no one was going to offer Smith what he's going to make as a backup in SF.

Comment

• Romo is good but let's see how he does without T.O. My predictionfor the drugboys is 6-10 at best. The scapegoat is gone which means everything will fall on his shoulders. Good luck Tony, you're going to need it and by the way, I suggest marrying Jessica Simpson because if you end up being a crapper, at least you can always divorce her ass and get half her money. Hahaha.

LMFAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              Smith re-did his contract because in the end, his agent couldnt find anyone willing to pay him what SF was in order to keep him. Look at guys like Leftwich, Losman, Grossman, etc. They're average at best and still UFA's so obviously, no one was going to offer Smith what he's going to make as a backup in SF.
                              They kept Alex in to compete with Shaun I doubt they kept him to back him up.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
                                They kept Alex in to compete with Shaun I doubt they kept him to back him up.
                                I know that. The reason he re-structured his contract was because he didnt have any other offers out there they would pay him as much as he's getting to stay in SF. They kept him beause it's a lot cheaper to pay him to stay than it woud be to pay a top ten QB and with much less risk.

Smith can compete with Hill all he wants but it should be Hill's job to lose and im not talking about pre-season or in training camp. I'm talking about the regular season when wins and losses actually matter.

Nothing against Smith but his only good season came when he had Turner as his OC, a dominant running game and OL (which amazingly including a healthy Jennings) and an actual number one WR in Bryant. Plus, he's coming off of shoulder surgery. Sorry but if Hill isnt the starter come opening day, then, York mine as well just fire everyone right now and start over from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information