Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have no trade value. Jennings injury history and the fact that Roman can't pick off a pass to save his life confirm it. There are much better players than these two scrubs who have been or will be released.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Can we please put an end to the Romo and TO discussions in here???

btw...

What are some WRs that we could look at in the mid to late rounds. I thought that two guys could be Mike Wallace and Ramses Barden.

Now I know they are two COMPLETELY different WRs, but which type do you think the Niners will go for.

The big physical type, or the fast type with returnablilty.
      Last edited by edgrenade; 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Jarett Dilliard, Rice
        Kevin Ogletree, Virginia
        Kenny McKinley, South Carolina

Comment

• i like brandon gibson from wsu

Comment

• Scotty Mac is REALLY difficult to predict in regards to WRs. He's all over the map. Hard to tell.

Comment

• I believe Scotty Mac likes bigger, physical WR's. I believe he made a comment in one of his Q&A's on 49ers.com. Nolan was the one who likes speedy guys, and probably why we drafted Brandon Williams in the 3rd Round in '06 and he was cut the following year, when he didn't have the special teams skills Nolan wanted. Williams didn't have much other value as a WR on a WR depleted team. Ouch...Well, the Rams picked him up, so he's not out of the league like some other WR disappointments like (cough) Woods (cough) (choke).

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Also, Eric Green signed with the Dolphins per ESPN. Ken Lucas is a good talent that is now available at CB, but he's only got 2 more years or so of good production cause of his age and wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Harris.

Comment

• To whoever asked about bigger WRs, the following are all over 6 foot and 200 lbs and not expected to be 1st round talent:

Kenny Britt
                  Hakeem Nicks
                  Brian Robiskie
                  Louis Murphy
                  Juaquin Iglesias
                  Ramses Barden
                  Brandon Gibson
                  Mohamed Massaquoi
                  Marko Mitchell
                  Austin Collie
                  Aaron Kelly
                  Patrick Turner
                  Dominique Edison
                  Taurus Johnson
                  Andrew Means
                  Jaison Williams
                  Jamarko Simmons
                  Greg Carr
                  Greg Orton
                  Nate Swift
                  Julius Pruitt
                  Justin Brown
                  George Smith
                  Michael Jones
                  Derek Kinder
                  Isaiah Williams

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• We will probably draft one of those Scott said he wanted to add another receiver.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I would love Hakeem Nicks as a Niner. If you've watched this kid play, you'd have to be impressed cause he's amazing. Great hands! His stock has been on the rise and I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was taken late in the 1st, which wouldn't allow him to drop to the Niners in Round 2. Robiskie and Britt both have good skills and could be taken late in the first as well.

Comment

• I love Patrick Turner as a late round steal.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          I love Patrick Turner as a late round steal.
                          I don't think Turner very good. Deon Butler is probably too small for what Scot likes to draft but he's always been someone I am big on.

Comment

• Quan Cosby in the 5th would be sweet. I like him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I would like to find a WR in the bottom half of the draft and would hope that Ramses Barden would be available in the 4th or 5th round.

The impact of even one of the top WR would be less than that of an OT, OLB, DE, S or CB IMO. Some people have us taking Maclin at 10, but I would much rather have Raji, Brown, Orakpo, Monroe, Oher, J or A Smith with that pick and then Delmas S, Sintim OLB, A. Smith CB, Johnson S or OT depending on what we picked at 10.

Comment

• http://nflblog.dallasnews.com/archiv...orado-sta.html

Johnson went 554 consecutive touches -- more than three years worth of football -- without losing a fumble
                                I read that and thought it was the perfect kind of bruiser (5'-10" 220lbs) we need for short yardage carries, given Gore affinity for not getting it done near the goal line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information