Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. His agents were Carl and Kevin Poston. (See Also: LeVarr Arrington's Agent).
    Carl Poston was suspended by the NFLPA for his actions with clients. Julian Peterson held out of the 2004 off season programs demanding to be the highest paid LB in the League and asking for $20 Million in "guaranteed" money The 49ers were forced to "Franchise" Peterson, which made it impossible for them to resign Terrell Owens who then became a Free Agent. Peterson was fond of saying things such as this...
    Originally posted by Julian Peterson
    I would like to be somewhere within the Urlacher and Ray Lewis frame and possibly even higher than that. I feel like even though each one of those guys are great individual players, I feel like I do a little bit more than the average player. I don't just play linebacker, I go down to the defensive end. I play corner, I play safety, so I have a lot more to offer, I would say, than the rest of them.

2. Holding the "Franchise Tag", Peterson (who did not participate in the team's offseason conditioning) ruptured his achilles tendon in the 5th game of the 2004 season.

3. Despite returning from a career-threatening injury, Peterson held out AGAIN (again demanding $20 Million in "guaranteed" money);the 49ers were once again forced to "Franchise" him.

4. A healthy Peterson returned in 2005 but his production and athleticism were diminished. It was strongly questioned if Peterson could ever return to the player he was prior to such a significant injury.
    2003 Stat Line: 94 Tackles, 11 Passes Defensed, 7 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, 2 INTs
    2005 Stat Line: 82 Tackles, 5 Passes Defensed, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 INTs

5. The 49ers hired Mike Nolan as Head Coach.
    Nolan switched the 49ers defensive scheme to a 3-4 and it was uncertain what type of 3-4 rush OLB Peterson would become.

6. All of these headaches and question marks lead the 49ers to NOT to match the Seahawks 7 Year $54 Million Contract with $18.5 Million "guaranteed".
    One of the richest contracts ever signed by a defensive player in the history of the NFL, despite it being $1.5 Million in "guarantees" less than he had demanded from the 49ers.
    Last edited by phlysac; 03-14-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      [i][size=1]Nolan switched the 49ers defensive scheme to a 3-4 and
      We're still paying for it in my opinion. I love how coaches go to a new team and instead of building arond the young talent they already have, they decide to implement their own system and rebuild from the ground up and they then wonder why they get fired a few years later when their system didnt work out they way they thought it would.

You have to wonder how we (or any team) would do if te new HC and whatnot would build around what they already have instead of rebuilding from the ground up.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        1. His agents were Carl and Kevin Poston. (See Also: LeVarr Arrington's Agent).
        Carl Poston was suspended by the NFLPA for his actions with clients. Julian Peterson held out of the 2004 off season programs demanding to be the highest paid LB in the League and asking for $20 Million in "guaranteed" money The 49ers were forced to "Franchise" Peterson, which made it impossible for them to resign Terrell Owens who then became a Free Agent. Peterson was fond of saying things such as this...

2. Holding the "Franchise Tag", Peterson (who did not participate in the team's offseason conditioning) ruptured his achilles tendon in the 5th game of the 2004 season.

3. Despite returning from a career-threatening injury, Peterson held out AGAIN (again demanding $20 Million in "guaranteed" money);the 49ers were once again forced to "Franchise" him.

4. A healthy Peterson returned in 2005 but his production and athleticism were diminished. It was strongly questioned if Peterson could ever return to the player he was prior to such a significant injury.
        2003 Stat Line: 94 Tackles, 11 Passes Defensed, 7 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, 2 INTs
        2005 Stat Line: 82 Tackles, 5 Passes Defensed, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 INTs

Nolan switched the 49ers defensive scheme to a 3-4 and it was uncertain what type of 3-4 rush OLB Peterson would become.

6. All of these headaches and question marks lead the 49ers to NOT to match the Seahawks 7 Year $54 Million Contract with $18.5 Million "guaranteed".
        One of the richest contracts ever signed by a defensive player in the history of the NFL, despite it being $1.5 Million in "guarantees" less than he had demanded from the 49ers.
        My thoughts exactly. I would never, ever want Julianne Peterson back in SF. That girl is 100% douche. We paid her a ******** of money to rehab her knee for 2 years and then she's pissed that we didn't give her a ginormous contract following that impressive 3 sack season (in which, iirc, 2 or 2.5 of those 3 sacks came in the same game against the Rams awful Oline.)
        Haven't you guys ever noticed that whenever she plays against SF, when she makes a play, she turns her back to the SF sideline and points to her name on the back of the jersey. What a classless idiot.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• That is true. He does have that "Me, me me" attitude, pointing to his own nameplate, when he should be pointing to the logo on his helmet.

"Can't coach with them, can't win with them."

Have fun playing for the Lions JP!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Nope. Neither of those top 2 tackles will be there. Oher will almost certainly be there, however and Andre Smith might be as well.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• it was funny to me how jp never played hard until he got in seattle. i know some guys really like him here on this site but i always compared him to ll cool j's character in any given sunday.

Comment

• I'm really thinking that the only one worth taking there will be Oher. That being said though, I am starting to hope we could land Everette Brown and draft a 2nd round OT; there's plenty of talent there.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I think that not only does Oher have a higher ceiling than Monroe but that Oher is better right now.

Comment

• I want Crabs if he is there, if not I want Oher.

If none of the top 4 OTs or Crabs is there, I want Everette Brown.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      I would be shocked if they took Ayers over Crabtree but I guess stranger things have happened (Kentwan Balmer). Hell, I didnt even think Ayers was round 1 talent.
                      I really liked Ayers, but never really looked at him as a 3-4 OLB prospect. Ive been watching more and more of him and after alot closer inspection, I really think he could be the man to do it. He isn't the best of options as far as working in coverage but guys like James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley aren't exactly great at that either. What I like most about Ayers is that he is, without a doubt, the absolute best at "seeling the edge" in the run game of ANY of the potential 3-4 OLB prospects. He never got alot of sacks but after watching more of him, he was ALWAYS getting to the QB. Against my previous misconception, Ayers actually played a portion of the time as a "standing" end at Tennesse and even got a few INTs from that position. My biggest concern is his weight. He can't afford to gain much and still fit the "mold" of a 3-4 OLB. Currently he would be one of the biggest but he is similar in build to Shawne Merriman, Calvin Pace, Willie McGinest, and Matt Roth who have all had tremendous success at the position.

Although drafting Ayers at #10 may be considered a "stretch" by most, Scot McCloughan is on record as saying that he will not pass on a dominant pass rusher. If he likes him as much as I am starting to, Ayers could be the guy. With that said, I announce that I am officially on the I LOVE ME SOME ROBERT AYERS Bandwagon...

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        We're still paying for it in my opinion. I love how coaches go to a new team and instead of building arond the young talent they already have, they decide to implement their own system and rebuild from the ground up and they then wonder why they get fired a few years later when their system didnt work out they way they thought it would.

You have to wonder how we (or any team) would do if te new HC and whatnot would build around what they already have instead of rebuilding from the ground up.
                        Actually at that time we had great linebacker depth: Windborn, Peterson, Smith, Ulbrich, Saleem Rasheed, Brandon Moore (of course in hindsight they all suck but they could not see it) and hardly any defensive line talent, except Douglas and Young-two good 3-4 ends. At the time it seemed like a good idea...
                        CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• The 49ers better not take Ayers at 10.

Comment

• Just wondering, what does everyone think of this 4 round mock draft?

R1- Micheal Oher, RT
                            R2- Clint Sintim, 3-4 OLB
                            R3- Rashad Johnson, FS
                            R4- Andre Brown, RB

I hope this happens on draft day! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                              R1- Micheal Oher, RT
                              R2- Clint Sintim, 3-4 OLB
                              R3- Rashad Johnson, FS
                              R4- Andre Brown, RB
                              Johnson is expected to be gone by the end of the second round and Andre is in that late 2nd-early 3rd range.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Johnson is expected to be gone by the end of the second round and Andre is in that late 2nd-early 3rd range.
                                Some recent mocks have had him in the 3rd. Hopefully he slips although I don't see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information