This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent
    What? Why not? Jay Culter is better than any QB on our roster. A 25 year old franchise QB is exactly what we need. Hell, we can even throw Hill or Smith into the deal.
    Thats your opinion. I personally think that he's overrated and not worth what we would have to give up in order to acquire him. After all, if DEN was willing to trade him for Cassel who as of right now, is a one year wonder, that tells me that he's not worth trading for.

Also, I dont remember the exact amounts but his salary skyrockets for the next three seasons and in no way, shape or form do I want my 49ers to be the team that pays him. Smith would never be traded to DEN since Nolan is there and I like Hill and think that he can be a pretty good starting QB but he needs to be the starter from day one and for the entire season so we can see what he can do over the course of an entire season instead of just the last month of the season.

Sorry, but again, no thanks to Cutler. I rather stay with Hill and Lawson and keep our 10th overall draft pick but that's just me.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd deal #10 + Manny or Parys for Cutler. Wouldn't have to worry about QB for a long time.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Cutler is my favorite QB in the league, would be a dream come true for me. I would give them #10 and Manny and still think we got a steal.

Sig by Mockalicious

Comment

• i want orakpo or oher. thou i would welcome smith with open arms.
          if we get somehow get crabtree, i would jizz in my pants.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
            Issac being put back to nose tackle I think ends all thought of a first day nose.

Totally agree

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              Marvel Smith>>>Barry Sims. Anything to get Sims off the roster.
              I approve this is message.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• would love to get cutler, but lawson and #10 would be too much. maybe #10 and hill? im not surprised denver is wanting more than picks but sanchez plus a 3rd rder next year or something would have to make them think.

also, this just posted on nfl.com, state of the niners
                http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f50922

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Thats your opinion. I personally think that he's overrated and not worth what we would have to give up in order to acquire him. After all, if DEN was willing to trade him for Cassel who as of right now, is a one year wonder, that tells me that he's not worth trading for.
                  Now dan, let's be fair. In any other circumstance this might make sense, but not this one. The reason they were willing to trade, is because McDaniels is familiar with Cassell, and when I say familiar I mean built him from the ground up. So of course, with his offensive scheme he's bringing he would love to have HIS guy. But to say that because he wants a player he knows like the back of his hand, means that Cutler isn't worth a damn, is absolutely foolish and even you know that. He's 25 yrs old or so, threw for 4,000 yards and 25 scores with the backfield in shambles for most of the year. Imagine what he'd be able to do with the threat of Frank Gore behind him.

The question is, if Cutler right now was in the draft, knowing what we know, would we draft him at #10. Absolutely. And if the only way we can get it done is to sweeten the deal with a Nolan guy on D, then that's exactly what we should do.

But, once again, extremely unlikely.
                  Last edited by Brent; 03-18-2009, 09:37 AM. Reason: fixed your quote code
                  Originally posted by Babylon
                  It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
                    also, this just posted on nfl.com, state of the niners
                    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f50922
                    Sounds like Woodson and the other guy knew what they were talking about, I dont know who that Charles Davis guy is but I like how they are like, "you need to protect the QB whoever that is" and then he is like, "they'll take Mark Sanchez."

Also, that Singletary clip at the beginning makes me want to go out and tackle someone.
                    Last edited by Brent; 03-18-2009, 09:49 AM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Looking at Singletary makes me wanna blow up several small buildings.

Comment

• I don't expect either J.Smith or Monroe make it to Cleveland at #5. I'm not feeling so good on the value of Oher or A. Smith at #10 either.

Comment

• Both of them will be gone in the first four picks. I would not at all be opposed to Andre Smith, or Michael Oher at ten.

Comment

• Charles Davis had us taking Curtis Lofton last year he doesn't know ****. 110 sacks the last two years :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                              Charles Davis had us taking Curtis Lofton last year he doesn't know ****.
                              that would have made sense though because we didnt have Takeo at that point, if I remember correctly.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                that would have made sense though because we didnt have Takeo at that point, if I remember correctly.
                                Not over our other needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information