This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did marvel smith sign?
    after reading some articles over it seems like sf could deal down and only seem intrested in taking sanchez for another team or for someone to take the bait and make a deal. i would assume they will wait until next season and go bradford.

Comment

• Anyone read the Curry love-fest? (Link link)

Pity that short of a DUI and then actually shooting the cop that arrests him he isn't possibly going to fall to us...

Comment

• Is there any updates on how Kentwan Balmer is doing? I really hope he pans out..

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
          Is there any updates on how Kentwan Balmer is doing? I really hope he pans out..
          They havent had any real practices, so they probably have no idea.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• i really hope to get dazzled in this years draft

Comment

• This made me feel really good from Scott's last chat session:

[Comment From Phil from Jersey]
              Scott, what advantage does Mark Sanchez hold over Josh Freeman? Freeman has a better arm and more experience in (arguably) a tougher conference

Scott Wright:Good point...

Maybe he'll stop claiming Sanchez is the BPA on the board at ten and start giving us a position player instead. I would rather have Freeman than Sanchez if we do draft one though...

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                This made me feel really good from Scott's last chat session:

[Comment From Phil from Jersey]
                Scott, what advantage does Mark Sanchez hold over Josh Freeman? Freeman has a better arm and more experience in (arguably) a tougher conference

Scott Wright:Good point...

Maybe he'll stop claiming Sanchez is the BPA on the board at ten and start giving us a position player instead. I would rather have Freeman than Sanchez if we do draft one though...
                I wouldn't mind the Niners taking one of these guys if they traded down toward the end of the first round. Neither one is worth taking at 10 with the other talent that will be there.
                Last edited by Madirishman; 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I still think it'll be best OT available or Brown/Orakpo. I want Brown but I'm willing to accept that it'll be an OT, barring unseen player falling.

Comment

• Okay, let me preface this with, I don't anticipate this happening, nor do I think it's the best situation.

But...I think it's worth mentioning.

Sometime ago I remember reading that McCloughan and the 49ers were looking for a compliment to Frank that was a 'bigger back'. And his reasoning was, as opposed to a smaller scat back, that if Frank goes down, they want a guy that's able to carry the load for 4 weeks or so.

And then of course there's the philosophy of this organization to take the best football player first, not necessarily worry about needs. With nothing to do here at CMU except avoid the outdoors because of this chilly weather, I got to thinking. Why not Chris Wells?

I know, I know. An offensive tackle is a significant need, and there will be (hopefully) significant value at number ten. Just give yourself a few minutes to think about it. This is a two back league and the better your second back, the better your team. I think a tandem of Frank and Beanie would be pretty powerful.

With that said, i'm a big fan of Thomas Clayton and believe he has been shafted. Also I am a big fan of an Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher being a 49er ( not in that order ), but I think a draft with Chris Wells and Phil Loadholt would still have me partying and flipping off my roomate (a lions fan).

Obvious problems with this scenario:
                    -We miss out on an elite pass rusher
                    -We miss out on an elite tackle
                    -We miss out on an elite nose tackle

I guess, my point is stranger things have happened... thoughts? questions? concerns? additional comments? (<-- prof always says that)
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      Okay, let me preface this with, I don't anticipate this happening, nor do I think it's the best situation.

But...I think it's worth mentioning.

Sometime ago I remember reading that McCloughan and the 49ers were looking for a compliment to Frank that was a 'bigger back'. And his reasoning was, as opposed to a smaller scat back, that if Frank goes down, they want a guy that's able to carry the load for 4 weeks or so.

And then of course there's the philosophy of this organization to take the best football player first, not necessarily worry about needs. With nothing to do here at CMU except avoid the outdoors because of this chilly weather, I got to thinking. Why not Chris Wells?

I know, I know. An offensive tackle is a significant need, and there will be (hopefully) significant value at number ten. Just give yourself a few minutes to think about it. This is a two back league and the better your second back, the better your team. I think a tandem of Frank and Beanie would be pretty powerful.

With that said, i'm a big fan of Thomas Clayton and believe he has been shafted. Also I am a big fan of an Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher being a 49er ( not in that order ), but I think a draft with Chris Wells and Phil Loadholt would still have me partying and flipping off my roomate (a lions fan).

Obvious problems with this scenario:
                      -We miss out on an elite pass rusher
                      -We miss out on an elite tackle
                      -We miss out on an elite nose tackle

I guess, my point is stranger things have happened... thoughts? questions? concerns? additional comments? (<-- prof always says that)
                      I wouldn't be bothered that for sure. The look for Sidbury in the third or someone like that.

My one issue is that there are always so many RB available. All we need is a good #2, who will only get about 10 carries a game. No reason to spend our first round pick.

All I'm saying is I would be much more happy getting Oher, then English/Barwin and then Greene or Jennings.

I like Greene especially because he only has one year with of starting experience, thus should be more fresh than a lot of running backs coming into the NFL with 700-800 career carries.

Comment

• I was thinking about Chris Wells as well.

1. Chris Wells
                        2. Phil Loadholt
                        3. Rashad Johnson /Best available pass rusher

Comment

• I still think round one is too soon for a RB for us. I really want one of the top OT's though.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I'm still on the Everette Brown bandwagon. I dont think they'd take Wells simply because good backs can be had in all rounds. Hell, Choice looked great for the Cowboys last year and he was a 4th round selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if this quote from Scot McCloughan is speaking specifically about Beanie Wells....

The big back, I'm talking about a back that is 215, 230. I'm not talking about a 235 pound guy that's going to run 4.4. I'm talking about a football player that has some special teams value but also go out there and carry the ball if we need him to, 10-15 times a game. And be a starter at any time.
                              http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...gore.html#more

Comment

• On a different note.. Given the newest thread in the NFL section.

Who do you think our breakout player/s are gonna be this season?
                                I'm hoping to God it's either Josh Morgan or Jason Hill, why not both. I love the potential they have.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information