Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vontae davis is also a good shut down guy, but i dont think we need vernon's brother on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      The reason why the class has not had a huge impact is because they drafted all developemental players. I think Rachal, Balmer, Smith, Morgan, and maybe even Larry Grant will all be great players. Just not this year. The Orakpo, Loadholt draft is probably my dream draft.
      hellz ya, i would love to get both of them. orakpo would add an instant pass rush. but i would only draft him if we can't get suggs in FA

Comment

• If we're high enough and he's worth it, I would love to get Crabtree. We havent had a dominant WR since TO left.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          If we're high enough and he's worth it, I would love to get Crabtree. We havent had a dominant WR since TO left.
          I am hoping Josh Morgan turns out to be that guy.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• It would be nice to have 2 really good WRs. See: Cardinals, Arizona.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Sorry guys, 34 sacks thus far just solidifies my belief that we need a stud of an OT, preferably one in the 1st round. If Hill can come in and have better success behind our front 5, maybe then I'll consider a WR in the first but for now - my choice is OL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I have been saying that since week 2, cj.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                  Sorry guys, 34 sacks thus far just solidifies my belief that we need a stud of an OT, preferably one in the 1st round. If Hill can come in and have better success behind our front 5, maybe then I'll consider a WR in the first but for now - my choice is OL.
                  Well yeah right now it has to be O-line the way they have played unless something changes.

Alos the 49ers waived David Kirtman, and signed Sean Ryan TE from New Orleans. I wonder what the point of this is.
                  Last edited by Menardo75; 11-03-2008, 01:51 PM.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                    Sorry guys, 34 sacks thus far just solidifies my belief that we need a stud of an OT, preferably one in the 1st round. If Hill can come in and have better success behind our front 5, maybe then I'll consider a WR in the first but for now - my choice is OL.
                    I think the sacks are coming as a result of the scheme. Our OL is built for the run game, not heavy amounts of passing and certainly not many 5-step drops... 7-step drops seem to guarantee failure. As for OT vs. WR, well when you dont have a playmaker outside, I think you have to take one. That was part of the reason why Alex failed. He had no one to throw to but Gore. There is no way you can develop a QB without a reliable target. Yes, Morgan is promising but Hill doesnt seem to be showing much development and no offense to Morgan but I dont think he's going to ever be an elite #1.

Comment

• UFA
                      Jordan Gross OT
                      n asamugha/d robinson/ c gamble CB
                      tank johnson nt

draft
                      crabtree
                      cushing or t jackson pls fall to second

Comment

• If we draft a QB at some point, I got my hopes up for Brian Johnson of Utah. Since Urban Meyer left, it's become a more spread passing attack.

Comment

• Drafting another QB from Utah might be a tough sell to Niner fans.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• ya, honestly i can't see that happening

Comment

• Great interview of Jed York by Lowell Cohn. Listening (or reading) what this guy says gives me confidence for the future.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/cohn/2...ranscript.html

Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 11-05-2008, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
                                UFA
                                Jordan Gross OT
                                n asamugha/d robinson/ c gamble CB
                                tank johnson nt

draft
                                crabtree
                                cushing or t jackson pls fall to second
                                I would cream my pants if all this happened....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information