This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
    DE/OLB - Now that we are switching to a full time 3-4, and will have Manny playing a true 3-4 OLB role I don't know that this is a round one need anymore. I think we need to grab a guy in round two or three for depth especially with Manny's healthy issues. First round though? If that guy is BPA nothing wrong with it but maybe it is not necessary anymore. Connor Barwin, Cincy

OT - Even if Marvel Smith accepts our offer we still need to bring in a young tackle. I think this needs to be our first round pick. Michael Oher, Miss

FS - Goldson has been anounced as the starter. Reggie Smith has been moved here and we also signed Jimmy Williams another young FS. I really think those events take FS out of the first day need area and we could adress it on the second day. Chip Vaughn, Wake Forest

ILB - Re-singing Spikes was great but we need to grab his replacement sometime in the draft. Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina

CB - It sounds like Tarrell Brown will be starting next year, and i'm not sure if that means Walt will be the nickel or he will be released. First day pick? I'm not sure yet, but it might not hurt to bring another guy in. Dominique Johnson, Tennessee St.

NT - I like ICE being moved back to NT that is his best spot. I think he and Franklin will provide a very solid NT rotation. If Raji falls to us do we take him? If there is an OT on the board I say no, but this will be an interesting thing to look at. It could be risky taking him, since we would have around 10 mil in guarenteed money in two NT's. Ron Brace, Boston College

WR - The Brandon Jones signing was a nice one, but either way if Issac returns or not it sounds like Scotty wants to add another one via the draft. This will probably be a late round pick. Marko Mitchell, Nevada

TE - We didn't bring back Bajmea or bring in Tony Curtis (yet?) If we don't bring either of those two guys in we need to take a blocking TE on the second day. I am eyeing the guy from UNC. [b]

RB - This pick could end up being as high as the second round at this point. No doubt that we will bring someone in. Rashad Jennings, Liberty

QB - Since Alex is back I think this pushes QB to the late rounds if we take one at all. Stephen McGee, Texas A&M
    In quotation marks are the people I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
      In quotation marks are the people I want.
      You mean bold?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Bold... quotation marks... Regardless the 49ers don't have 6 picks in the 1st three rounds to get the guys you want :P

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          Bold... quotation marks... Regardless the 49ers don't have 6 picks in the 1st three rounds to get the guys you want :P
          .........yet
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• 5th and 7th for the two compensatory picks. Lower than I expected.

Comment

• Weak sauce!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                5th and 7th for the two compensatory picks. Lower than I expected.
                Can you trade compensatory picks? I dont think you can, some higher ones could've put us over the top.

Comment

• It'd been assumed and reported for weeks that the best they could hope for was a 5th and 6th. Personally, receiving a 7th rounder for Kwame Harris is like highway robbery. The team was better for him not being on it, and now they get a 7th round pick on top of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
                    Can you trade compensatory picks?
                    No, you cannot.

Comment

• So here is my new Niners mock I have made since the comp picks were placed. NOTE: This mock assumes we sign Marvel Smith. Tell me what you think of the players. An alternate is in parenthesis after the pick.

1. Everett Brown, OLB Floria St. (Aron Maybin, OLB Penn St.)
                      2. Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers (Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio St.)
                      3. Shonn Greene, RB Iowa (Rashad Jennings, RB Liberty)
                      4. Fenuki Tupou, OT Oregon (Joel Bell, OT Furman)
                      5a. Scott McKillop, ILB Pittsburg (Antonio Appleby, ILB Virginia)
                      5b. Morgan Trent, CB Michigan (Jerraud Powers, CB Auburn)
                      6. Andy Kemp, OG Wisconsin (Ryan Stancheck, OG W. Virginia)
                      7a. Jeremy Navarre, DL Maryland (Desmond Bryant, DE Harvard)
                      7b. Rudy Carpenter, QB Arizona St. (Todd Boeckman, QB Ohio St.)
                      Last edited by thediggler3030; 03-23-2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
                        Can you trade compensatory picks? I dont think you can, some higher ones could've put us over the top.
                        Naw you cant trade them. I'm happy with the two :D

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                          So here is my new Niners mock I have made since the comp picks were placed. NOTE: This mock assumes we sign Marvel Smith. Tell me what you think of the players. An alternate is in parenthesis after the pick.

1. Everett Brown, OLB Floria St. (Aron Maybin, OLB Penn St.)
                          2. Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers (Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio St.)
                          3. Shonn Greene, RB Iowa (Rashad Jennings, RB Liberty)
                          4. Fenuki Tupou, OT Oregon (Joel Bell, OT Furman)
                          5a. Scott McKillop, ILB Pittsburg (Antonio Appleby, ILB Virginia)
                          5b. Morgan Trent, CB Michigan (Jerraud Powers, CB Auburn)
                          6. Andy Kemp, OG Wisconsin (Ryan Stancheck, OG W. Virginia)
                          7a. Jeremy Navarre, DL Maryland (Desmond Bryant, DE Harvard)
                          7b. Rudy Carpenter, QB Arizona St. (Todd Boeckman, QB Ohio St.)
                          Just cause we sign Marvel Smith doesn't mean we can ignore OT in the first three rounds.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            Just cause we sign Marvel Smith doesn't mean we can ignore OT in the first three rounds.
                            I just think its a deep OT draft. I'm not saying they will put OT off until the second day, just that the Smith signing gives them the option.

Another scenario I had:
                            1. Everett Brown
                            2. Jamon Meredith
                            3. Shonn Greene
                            4. Kenny McKinley

This would work, but I'm just so tired of having a terrible receiving core. Honestly if Bruce retires, our starting receivers will be Josh Morgan (only 4 career games with over 50 receiving yards) and Brandon Jones (who has never had more than 500 yards in a season).

We have to assume Bruce is going to retire, to at least be prepared for it and I really wasn't impressed with the Jones signing. Our power run game will only fair so well with eight in the box...

Kenny Britt would be an amazing pick up as well. He has all the talent to be a number one WR in the league and he can go down field, with a 17.1 ypc average over his career. He even ran faster than expected, convincing me he will be able to separate in the NFL as well. He can be a deep and red zone threat for us, and can make plans on short passes (which are Hill's forte, lets be honest).

If Britt is there in the second, I want him. I would also be comfortable having this OT scenario:

1. Joe Staley
                            2. Marvel Smith
                            3. Fenuki Tupou
                            4. Sims and Snyder battle
                            Last edited by thediggler3030; 03-24-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• my mock w/ comp picks

1. everette brown - olb/ de
                              2. phil loadholt - ot
                              3. patrick chung ss/fs
                              4. jeremiah johnson - rb
                              5. worell williams - ilb
                              5. brandon gibson - wr
                              6. myron pryor - dt
                              7. brian hoyer - qb
                              7. greg carr - wr

Comment

• I'd be shocked if Patrick Chung fell out of the second round.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information