This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    I don't think most 49ers fans want to know why I like him the best as a late round QB prospect.
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think most 49ers fans want to know why I like him the best as a late round QB prospect.

Richard Quinn is the personification of the big-bodied, big-time blocking TE the team wants.

Joe Burnett is the best CB in the draft aside from those consistently mentioned as potential 1st rounders IMO.

Also... Michael Oher visted 49er Headquarters on Saturday.
      Edited for accuracy.

Comment

• Preseason Schedule:

Week 1: Denver Broncos at San Francisco 49ers
        Week 2:Oakland Raiders at San Francisco 49ers
        Week 3:San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys
        Week 4: San Francisco 49ers at San Diego Chargers
        Full Schedule

Comment

• Turns out Michael Oher has yet to visit with the 49ers. So far this is the updated list of expected visits...

Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
          Michael Oher - OT - Mississippi
          B.J. Raji - DT - Boston College
          Larry English - DE/OLB - Northern Illinois
          Andre Brown - RB - North Carolina State
          Brandon Gibson - WR - Washington State
          Greg Toler - CB - St. Paul's College

Comment

• A lot of you are changing your opinion on who to draft based on the Smith signing. I think this goes against what our FO is trying to do. They have stated many times that you try to fill weak positions in FA and you draft the best player available. If the best player on the board is and OT at 10, then I think we should take him instead of reach for a different position. I can see a possibility for a corner in round two, but Jenkins will not the the BPA at 10.

Comment

• I'm pretty much sold on my top 3 at #10 being:

1. Raji
              2. Brown
              3. Crabtree
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• My top 3 at #10 are -

1) CB Malcolm Jenkins
                2) OT Michael Oher
                3) OLB Everette Brown

It will be funny if we draft a player who's NOT on anyone's top 3 list.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  My top 3 at #10 are -

1) CB Malcolm Jenkins
                  2) OT Michael Oher
                  3) OLB Everette Brown

It will be funny if we draft a player who's NOT on anyone's top 3 list.
                  Hilarious. Like last year? :(

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by mac25fan View Post
                    but Jenkins will not the the BPA at 10.
                    You have NO IDEA who is on McCloughan and his scouting team's Big Board. I know for a fact that an NFL scout from the Midwest views Malcolm Jenkins as the #1 player in the draft. I'm not saying he will or won't be a BPA for the 49ers. I'm just realistic enough to know that we can't be certain.

Comment

• 1. Andre Smith
                      2. Everette Brown
                      3. Michael Crabtree

Billy Bajmea signed with the Rams today :(
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• 1. BJ Raji
                        2. Michael Oher
                        3. Everette Brown

I'm torn on 2 vs 3, but OT > OLB needs wise.

Comment

• I really hope we grab Richard Quinn now in the late rounds.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• 1. Trade Down (minimal elite talent in the draft and an abundance of similar talent in the top 100. Would be nice to add an extra 2nd rounder)
                            2. Malcolm Jenkins (potentially the best CB and FS in the draft, 49ers have needs at both positions)
                            3. Aaron Maybin (With proper conditioning he will maintain his weight and continue to grow. Only 20 years of age. Becomes a tremendous situational pass rusher while he matures behind Lawson and Haralson)
                            4. Andre Smith (Marvel Smith signing makes #10 money for a backup RT a bit extreme but his long-term wealth as a road grating run blocker on the right side is priceless)

Comment

You have NO IDEA who is on McCloughan and his scouting team's Big Board. I know for a fact that an NFL scout from the Midwest views Malcolm Jenkins as the #1 player in the draft. I'm not saying he will or won't be a BPA for the 49ers. I'm just realistic enough to know that we can't be certain.
                              Fair enough... I do not have personal insight as to what is on McCloughan's board. I just think that speed is essential to be a top tier CB and that is something that Jenkins does not posses.

Comment

• I rather have Oher over Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information