Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never seen Clay Matthews as a 3-4 WILL ever. He's gained nearly 80lbs in 2+ years and he still weighs less than Manny Lawson.

Comment

• If Raji, Monroe, Jason Smith, Crabtree and Curry are off the board (which is very likely) then I would hope to trade down for more picks.

It can't hurt to go back to the ways of the great Bill Walsh!

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
        BANG!

The best part of that article...
        Ah. If only I'd got that far eh? :P

---

I really like Borat's thinking vis a vis us trading away the #10 (if Sanchez is available) to someone eager to step in front of Denver. The Bucs, Bears and Jets have good mid round picks and shaky QB situations. With the lack of elite talent and a list of needs that we could fill in the late 1st early and two picks in the 2nd I think that'd be a fantasy scenario on the day. However, assuming that Stafford goes at #1 and with Sanchez receiving glowing reports from his pro day I'm, not sure he lasts 'til our pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          I don't think he slips past the Pats in round one but if by some chance he does, I am sure that he'll be long gone by pick 43.
          Yeah, I never said anything about taking him at 43. I think he'd be a good pick for us in the 15-20 range.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
            not sure he lasts 'til our pick.
            The Jags seem to be fond of him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

The Jags seem to be fond of him.
              And even if he fell past the Jags, why wouldn't the Packers entertain trading down with someone who feels they need to jump the 49ers in order to grab Sanchez. Nothing seems likely that Sanchez is on the board at #10.

Comment

• Raji appears to have tested positive on a drug test. I'm curious to find out more info on this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...aji/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  And even if he fell past the Jags, why wouldn't the Packers entertain trading down with someone who feels they need to jump the 49ers in order to grab Sanchez. Nothing seems likely that Sanchez is on the board at #9.
                  Maybe the Pack doesn't want to trade down? They may really want to take their guy at #10.
                  Last edited by Borat; 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Yeah, and my trade ideas are psycho??? Thats WAY too much for a QB who hasnt done any better than who we have. People will say that he has far better stats but of course he does, the Broncos defense was horrible and behind most of their games so obviously he's going to be passing a lot. Just like Garcia did back in 2000.

No way in hell would I give up this year's first and third plus next year's second for a guy who's arguably a bigger crybaby than T.O. And why anyone would want to give DEN anything more than what they used on Cutler when he was drafted (which was the 2006 10th overall draft pick) is beyond me.

*sends Scot McCloughan an urgent email*
                    Bears disagree with you. Also when was the last time a QB, like Cutler, hit the trade market. It is pretty rare to have a QB, pretty damn close to his prime, hit the market.

Comment

You have a Niners tattoo?
                      Yeah, I was born in SF so I killed two birds with one stone. I am thinking of getting the old school San Francisco Giants logo on the back of my calf next.

Comment

• I am totally in agreement with you guys, we could really bait someone into a nice deal if we were going to move down.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac25fan View Post
                          Raji appears to have tested positive on a drug test. I'm curious to find out more info on this.
                          I'm guessing marijuana or some supplement that tests positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac25fan View Post
                            If Raji, Monroe, Jason Smith, Crabtree and Curry are off the board (which is very likely) then I would hope to trade down for more picks.

It can't hurt to go back to the ways of the great Bill Walsh!
                            Hellooo Everette Brown, where is the love?!
                            CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• here is my new idea.

if Sanchez is there @ 10, Denver will want him. What if we trade down to for both of their picks?

Comment

• If Denver wanted to swap 1st round picks and give us their 2nd rounder, I would be just fine with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information