X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
    here is my new idea.

if Sanchez is there @ 10, Denver will want him. What if we trade down to for both of their picks?
    That would be great if they'd take the bait because the Niners would only lose two draft spots. I doubt they give us the much, but they could if they were completely sold on Sanchez.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• well, here the thing on that.
      sanchez had dinner w/ jacksonville from what some report on espn has that went over real well. if jack doesn't take him...sf may very well take him.
      i mean, lets be realistic here. why hasn't anyone supported hill? why insist alex smith is the next peyton manning? what is the ultimate plan @ qb right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
        well, here the thing on that.
        sanchez had dinner w/ jacksonville from what some report on espn has that went over real well. if jack doesn't take him...sf may very well take him.
        i mean, lets be realistic here. why hasn't anyone supported hill? why insist alex smith is the next peyton manning? what is the ultimate plan @ qb right now?
        personally i think the front office will think crazy hard about who to take at ten if Sanchez is still available and say Oher or Brown is as well

and apparently Sanchez is coming in for a visit

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,152328
        Last edited by 49erfaithful; 04-02-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
          Bears disagree with you. Also when was the last time a QB, like Cutler, hit the trade market. It is pretty rare to have a QB, pretty damn close to his prime, hit the market.
          Better them then us. TWO first rounders, a third rounder and Orton for Cutler and a 5th??? Please. The Bears were just ripped off badly.

The only reason why DEN traded Cutler was because McDaniels ****** up in trying to acquire Cassel when he already had a QB. Should have traded Cutler once FA started and then used those extra picks for Cassel.

And the Bears are morons but since everyone's job is on the line there, Smith and Angelo wont give a damn about not having a first rounder in 2010 if they're both gone. And they still have no receivers, an average at best OL (including Pace) and I dont even know who their RB is not that I care.

Bottom line is that you guys can bash me all you want and be sad, pissed or whatever but im personally the happiest 49ers fan here. And as long as we dont draft Staffod/Sanchez/Freeman, I'll be even happier.

But hey, to each his/her own.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erfaithful View Post
            personally i think the front office will think crazy hard about who to take at ten if Sanchez is still available and say Oher or Brown is as well
            Originally posted by dan77733 View Post

And as long as we dont draft Staffod/Sanchez/Freeman, I'll be even happier.
            If If Sanchez, Brown and Oher are all available at 10 and we don't lure Denver into a trade, I think I'd be upset.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I really, really, really do not want the 49ers drafting Everette Brown at 10. If we do trade down to 13-15 and get an extra 2nd rounder I would be okay with him in the first but I think he is being overrated at this point.

6'1'', 253 pounds, 4.73 40, 2.68 20 yard dash, 1.59 10 yard dash, 4.53 20 yard shuttle, 7.55 3 cone drill, 31.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 26 225 LB reps, 46.5 TFL and 23.0 sacks in the past 3 seasons

6'1'', 245 pounds, 4.75 40, 2.71 20 yard dash, 1.60 10 yard dash, 4.22 20 yard shuttle, 6.91 3 cone drill, 41.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 16 225 LB reps, 48.5 TFL and 32.5 sacks in the past 3 seasons

One player is a top 15 pick and the other is a 4th rounder at best. ???

Comment

• Sanchez to visit the 49ers next week

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...%20and%20Q%26A

Sanchez seems to have some good leadership skills...i could easily see Singletary falling in love with him. If he's there at 10 i really think he will be our pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  I really, really, really do not want the 49ers drafting Everette Brown at 10. If we do trade down to 13-15 and get an extra 2nd rounder I would be okay with him in the first but I think he is being overrated at this point.

6'1'', 253 pounds, 4.73 40, 2.68 20 yard dash, 1.59 10 yard dash, 4.53 20 yard shuttle, 7.55 3 cone drill, 31.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 26 225 LB reps, 46.5 TFL and 23.0 sacks in the past 3 seasons

6'1'', 245 pounds, 4.75 40, 2.71 20 yard dash, 1.60 10 yard dash, 4.22 20 yard shuttle, 6.91 3 cone drill, 41.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 16 225 LB reps, 48.5 TFL and 32.5 sacks in the past 3 seasons

We know you LOVE Phillip Hunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                    here is my new idea.

if Sanchez is there @ 10, Denver will want him. What if we trade down to for both of their picks?
                    I dont see Denver being that desperate for a QB. I think we would receive a third rounder at best but most likely a fourth for switching firsts.

Look at the trade value chart. The 10th overall is only worth 100 more points than the 12th overall.

Do you all think they are that desperate for a QB?

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      I really, really, really do not want the 49ers drafting Everette Brown at 10. If we do trade down to 13-15 and get an extra 2nd rounder I would be okay with him in the first but I think he is being overrated at this point.

Did you forget about the fact that Brown is a better football player or something?
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        Better them then us. TWO first rounders, a third rounder and Orton for Cutler and a 5th??? Please. The Bears were just ripped off badly.

The only reason why DEN traded Cutler was because McDaniels ****** up in trying to acquire Cassel when he already had a QB. Should have traded Cutler once FA started and then used those extra picks for Cassel.

And the Bears are morons but since everyone's job is on the line there, Smith and Angelo wont give a damn about not having a first rounder in 2010 if they're both gone. And they still have no receivers, an average at best OL (including Pace) and I dont even know who their RB is not that I care.

Bottom line is that you guys can bash me all you want and be sad, pissed or whatever but im personally the happiest 49ers fan here. And as long as we dont draft Staffod/Sanchez/Freeman, I'll be even happier.

But hey, to each his/her own.
                        How are they ripped off if they got a franchise QB? Oh and their RB Matt Forte he is ok.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          And they still have no receivers, an average at best OL (including Pace) and I dont even know who their RB is not that I care.
                          They have a very good RB in Forte.

So you're saying that their "no recievers and average at best OL" are better off with Kyle Orton taking the snaps than Jay Cutler?

It's a lot harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find a stud OT or a stud WR. It's a good move by the Bears, IMO. I think their OL will be just fine and how often do rookie WR's come in and make an impact right away? Not often, it usually takes them 3 years. I dont believe pick #18 is a very good spot to draft from this year. Too early for Nicks or Britt at the WR spot and probably too late to select Crabtree or Maclin.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                            They have a very good RB in Forte.

So you're saying that their "no recievers and average at best OL" are better off with Kyle Orton taking the snaps than Jay Cutler?

It's a lot harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find a stud OT or a stud WR. It's a good move by the Bears, IMO. I think their OL will be just fine and how often do rookie WR's come in and make an impact right away? Not often, it usually takes them 3 years. I dont believe pick #18 is a very good spot to draft from this year. Too early for Nicks or Britt at the WR spot and probably too late to select Crabtree or Maclin.
                            But maybe just right for DHB?
                            Cutler was much better off on the broncos, the bears have never had a prolific passing game. Cutler will have to make it happen all by himself in Chicago
                            CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              We know you LOVE Phillip Hunt.
                              This I cannot deny but even if I didn't it doesn't make sense to draft Brown at 10.

Originally posted by Menardo75
                              Did you forget about the fact that Brown is a better football player or something?
                              How so? Hunt's repertoire of pass rush moves is the same as Brown's.

Comment

• Originally posted by goonie61 View Post
                                But maybe just right for DHB?
                                Cutler was much better off on the broncos, the bears have never had a prolific passing game. Cutler will have to make it happen all by himself in Chicago
                                Welcome to Soldier Field, Mr. Cutler.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information