This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    How dare you believe a report that used an "unnamed NFL source" to "leak" the story. Only SI.com is allowed to do that. Plus, Pete Carroll denies it. :P

Regardless, I don't feel either player's stock will suffer dramatically even if they in fact did test positive.
    Let's all agree not to argue about that until the NFL comes out and confirms it.

It's like the Barry Bonds saga all over again.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I agree not to. Just know that the NFL doesn't have a responsibility to confirm nor deny the story, The results are private.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
        How dare you talk poorly of Jerry Rice with incorrect facts. Jerry Rice, when in Oakland, complained (as did Charles Woodson and Tim Brown) that Bill Callahan was actively trying to hurt the team after their Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay. What he was doing was playing younger and inexperienced players, instead of his veterans. Please, know what you are talking about before you press the 'submit reply' button.
        I dont think this happened when Callahan was the HC. I think Turner was the HC and Brown was in TB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat
          Comparing T.O. to any one of these guys is ludicrous. Hey Dan, was calling Jeff Garcia a homosexual just a way for T.O. to show how much he hates to lose? Was T.O. creating havoc in Philly because he wanted a new contract just a way for him to show how much he hates to lose? T.O. is a clown that cares about:

A) MONEY
          B) POPULARITY/SPOTLIGHT which = MORE MONEY
          C) WINNING which = MORE MONEY

Don't get it twisted.
          Okay, I will give you the Garcia situation but dont even think of getting me started on what happened in Philly.

And last time I checked, EVERY PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE cares about A, B and C. Not just T.O. My point is that he goes on a tirade during a loss or when the team is losing. When the team is winning, you barely hear two words out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            I dont think this happened when Callahan was the HC. I think Turner was the HC and Brown was in TB.
            Brown was in TB in 2004. The Raiders went to the Super Bowl during the 2002 season. Callahan was fired after 2003 season.

Comment

• So the Giants released Burress today. I think this could give us one of the better options to trade down. More realistic than the Broncos at least. If Crabtree or Maclin are on the board at ten, what would you all think of this trade:

Niners get:
              #29 (640 TVC points)
              #45 (450 TVC points)
              #91 (136 TVC points)
              TVC total: 1181

Giants get:
              #10 (1300 TVC points)

*we could command their 4th rounder as well if we had the leverage in negotiations.

I think this is actually realistic, as the Giants have one major need, and really don't need as many picks as they have.

Maclin and Crabtree are the impact players there. I would be willing to give them a bit of a deal on this trade just to gather a few more early picks.

Here's my mock with that scenario:

1. Connor Barwin, Cincinnati, OLB
              2a.Jamon Meredith, S. Carolina, OT
              2b.Sean Smith, Utah, DB
              3a.Shonn Greene, Iowa, RB
              3b.Jasper Brinkley, S. Carolina, ILB
              4. Terrance Taylor, Michigan, DT
              5a.Nate Davis, Ball St., QB
              5b.Aaron Kelly, Clemson, WR
              6. Adam Kemp, Wisconsin OG
              7a.Nick Reed, Oregon OLB
              7b.Jeremy Navarre, Maryland, DE
              Last edited by thediggler3030; 04-04-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
                Brown was in TB in 2004. The Raiders went to the Super Bowl during the 2002 season. Callahan was fired after 2003 season.
                I know this. What I meant was, I think that Rice's streak of having at least one reception in every game ended after Callahan was fired and Turner was the HC. I think this was in 2004 and a few weeks later was traded to SEA.

Comment

• I dont see the Giants trading up especially to draft a WR. Hell, I dont see them drafting a WR in round one at all. They drafted Moss, Smith and Manningham the last three years and I think that they want them to play and compete for the starting spots.

I think we have a better chance of trading with the Jets or TB then we do with DEN or the Giants. DEN will most likely use their two first rounders to move up into the top five. I'm guessing that they trade with SEA to get Stafford/Sanchez/Freeman. I dont see the Giants trading up at all.

Comment

• IF they want to address WR in Round 1 they'll probably be able to pick from any number of Darrius Heyward-Bey, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, and Percy Harvin at their original draft slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      I dont see the Giants trading up especially to draft a WR. Hell, I dont see them drafting a WR in round one at all. They drafted Moss, Smith and Manningham the last three years and I think that they want them to play and compete for the starting spots.

I think we have a better chance of trading with the Jets or TB then we do with DEN or the Giants. DEN will most likely use their two first rounders to move up into the top five. I'm guessing that they trade with SEA to get Stafford/Sanchez/Freeman. I dont see the Giants trading up at all.
                      Their record without Burress is appallingly bad. And they also lost Amani Toomer. Both their starting WRs are gone. Moss and Smith are good for the slot, but they Giants like big WRs who can go deep.

Manningham barley even played last year and Hixon and Tyree aren't the answers.

They don't have a more pressing issue than WR, and they really don't need 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.
                      Last edited by thediggler3030; 04-04-2009, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                        IF they want to address WR in Round 1 they'll probably be able to pick from any number of Darrius Heyward-Bey, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, and Percy Harvin at their original draft slot.
                        None of those WRs compare to Crabree and Maclin.

The Giant don't have a lot of needs, but they really need a WR who can be their number one this year.

Just a possible scenario. I don't think it will be easy to trade down, but the Giants have a lot of early picks, so I think they may move up.

Comment

• Dan shut the hell up you don't know what you're talking about. Cutler asked for a trade AFTER McDaniels tried to trade him. The trade fell through for Cassel Cutler tried to talk to Mcdaniels about what was up Mcdaniels dis respected him then he asked for a trade. You make yourself sound so damn stupid.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• i'm going to shat myself on the 25th if raji / britton / crabtree/ sanchez or a chizzled andre smith aren't the pick.
                            what did dan do this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                              So the Giants released Burress today. I think this could give us one of the better options to trade down. More realistic than the Broncos at least. If Crabtree or Maclin are on the board at ten, what would you all think of this trade:

Niners get:
                              #29 (640 TVC points)
                              #45 (450 TVC points)
                              #91 (136 TVC points)
                              TVC total: 1181

Giants get:
                              #10 (1300 TVC points)
                              I love trading down. Big fan of it. But I would scream bloody murder if Crabtree was available and we traded out. I just consider him one of the guys you HAVE to take.
                              Originally posted by Babylon
                              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                                I love trading down. Big fan of it. But I would scream bloody murder if Crabtree was available and we traded out. I just consider him one of the guys you HAVE to take.
                                Yeah, it's been a while since we had a playmaker on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information