This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Tom Brandstater, Sam Bradford, John Parker Wilson and Rudy Carpenter, are the only guys I can think of but I dont know about Rudy or Tom for sure.
    Marc Sanchez????

Comment

• Originally posted by Joker_232 View Post
      Marc Sanchez????
      If he comes out I would be all for getting him.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
        If he comes out I would be all for getting him.
        Who wouldnt? he would be lovely.

Comment

• Seriously bring on the USC guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
            Seriously bring on the USC guys.
            every team in the NFL should live by that :)

hey dude....wanna take that quote off your sig? :)

Comment

• You guys have no clue how much crap I take by being a USC fan (Pac 10 in general) living in Louisiana, where everyone else is a Tigers fan (or SEC in general).

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Mark Sanchez is basically a glorified John David Booty. He isn't even as good a prospect as Matt Leinart was.

Comment

• I'm not sold on Sanchez either.

Booty was drafted by Minnesota and they have QB issues, Why wasn't he discussed as an option to replace Jackson?

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                    You guys have no clue how much crap I take by being a USC fan (Pac 10 in general) living in Louisiana, where everyone else is a Tigers fan (or SEC in general).
                    Yeah, I always root for Pac 10 teams so long as they aren't playing us but they let me down at times.

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    Booty was drafted by Minnesota and they have QB issues, Why wasn't he discussed as an option to replace Jackson?
                    Because Childress wont admit he ****** up with Jackson and Gus was ahead of him on the depth chart.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Thoughts about bringing Matt Cassell in the offseason?

He's played solid ball but he has a great supporting cast, plus he still has a shaky deep ball. If we bring him in its for a WCO but still, id like to be a little more confident in his all-around ability.

I would still want to draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd rounds even if we got Cassell, i wouldnt hedge all my bets on him.

Comment

• My point is that if Booty showed so much promise coming from a pro style offense, why wouldn't he get the nod over Gus when Jackson was replaced. It would be different if Jackson had just remained the starter.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Actually Cassell is not that bad of an idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                            Thoughts about bringing Matt Cassell in the offseason?
                            I havent seen enough games of his to really be sure how much is him and how much is the scheme and other factors. Also, you know he is going to expect starter's cash. I think we all agree that taking someone in the 4th or so is a good idea but the whole approach kind of depends on whether Alex is willing to come back at reduced salary.

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                            My point is that if Booty showed so much promise coming from a pro style offense, why wouldn't he get the nod over Gus when Jackson was replaced. It would be different if Jackson had just remained the starter.
                            He's a rookie and Childress is an idiot. I wouldnt read too much into it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Cassel was pretty damn good last night in a losing effort. He was 30/51 (59%) for 400 yards and 3 TD's. No interceptions and no turnovers despite passing 51 times and having no running game and a defense that has declined.

Overall, Cassel is 208/316 (65.8%) for 2200 yards with 10 TD's and 7 INT's. He has fumbled 4 times and lost two of them but I think that if Belichick just lets him play like he did last night, he'll do much better. In other words, take the damn chain off and let him play.

I personally think that NE will franchise him and then trade him. I obviously wouldnt give up draft picks plus a huge contract. No way. If he becomes an UFA, I wouldnt mind going after him depending on what happens with Smith. If Smith is getting a lot of money next season, I would probably take a chance on Cassel if the price is right but I wouldnt make the same mistake twice and overpay him (like we did with Smith) and still have no QB.

Right now, it looks like Hill and Smith with us signing a veteran backup. Personally, I like Hill and think that it's his job to lose. I said it a year ago, he's the best QB we have and all he needs is an OC and a HC who arent going to be trying to one up each other and he'll be fine.

Comment

• I'm not sold on Cassel as a legitimate NFL playoff contending QB. The Patriots have an excellent team around him, and while he's improving, he still isn't blowing me away with his play at all. He hasn't been accurate with the deep ball consistently either...though the Niners made him look amazing on that play against us by our DBs tackling each other. :(

How hard is it to drop off short passes to Welker, (who YAC'd Cassel a ton of those yards) and bomb it out Randy Moss? Not very. Most QBs could accomplish decent numbers with those kind of weapons and line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information