Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has sf visited with & planning on meeting with prior to draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
      who has sf visited with & planning on meeting with prior to draft?
      From what I can find, the following have/will visit:

Michael Oher
      BJ Raji
      Michael Crabtree
      Arian Foster
      Rey Maualuga
      Josh Freeman
      Mark Sanchez
      Gregory Toler
      Larry English
      Brandon Gibson
      Mike Goodson

That's all I could see.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• You can add Don Carey CB to that list.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...%20and%20Q%26A

Comment

• Originally posted by mac25fan View Post
          You can add Don Carey CB to that list.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...%20and%20Q%26A
          That also says Kory Sheets is coming in, too.

Comment

• This is who I've read...

Mark Sanchez - QB - USC
            Josh Freeman - QB - Kansas State
            Nate Davis - QB - Ball State
            Mike Reilly - QB - Central Washington

Andre Brown - RB - North Carolina State
            Mike Goodson - RB - Texas A&M
            Kory Sheets - RB - Purdue
            Arian Foster - RB - Tennessee

Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
            Brandon Gibson - WR - Washington State

Andre Smith - OT - Alabama
            Michael Oher - OT - Mississippi

B.J. Raji - NT - Boston College

Jarron Gilbert - DE - San Jose State
            Pannel Egboh - DE - Stanford

Aaron Maybin - OLB - Penn State
            Larry English - OLB - Northern Illinois

Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC

Don Carey - CB - Norfolk State
            Greg Toler - CB - St. Paul's College
            Last edited by phlysac; 04-09-2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Raji?

Maybe old news here, but it appears that Brtuce is staying for another yr. as WR

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...ar-with-49ers/

Great news for Josh Morgan, he's Morgan's mentor. Morgan was an underrated mid-rd. steal IMO as a possession receiver, really lit it up in the early p/o last season but tapered off in the 2nd half. This is why he needs guidance from Issac & his position coach. Also signals they won't be going WR until later rds. this draft too.

Any word on B.J. Raji's visit to Santa Clara yesterday (tues)? I know there are concerns about his failed drug test for pot while at BC & a disputed failed Combine test. ESPN said yesterday that the official results from the Combine on who failed the piss test won't be released until April 20th, which made me lol when I heard it.... a list of players testing positive for THC released on 4-20, get it I took a lot of crap elsewhere when I said that Raji will drop like a stone if he is one of those listed, & he will b/c that means he failed 2 test over 2 yrs, he knew he would be tested at the Combine, & with his history he didn't stop using whacky-tobakky, could cost him millions of $. Still he's the top-ranked NT for the now chic & trendy 3-4 defense in the NFL, Sapoaga/Franklin isn't the answer for them & last yr's no. 1 Kentwan Balmer never really cracked the starting lineup, so....

The question is how concerned will McCloghan & Singletary (an ordained Baptist minister btw) about failed drug tests? Another dirty test will cost him 4 games in the NFL, so there's that risk, he will be some team's #1 pick -- bet on it -- so to hell with the criticisms about #10 being too early to take Raji, if the 9ers need him he has to go then, & with soooooo much $ wrapped up in a #1 pick they can't afford to have their NT miss any games. It's a puzzler -- I admit it.

My take on Raji is to draft him, or if they go another direction in the 1st rd. take his BC team mate Ron Brace later who's ranked 3rd at DT behind Raji & Peria Jerry at #1. Brace is listed as versatile enough to be the 2-gapper in a 3-4 without the character concerns. Any way you slice the 9ers have to address d-line in this draft, stop that steady stream of retreads (KGB, Andre Carter, etc) at the DE opposite their best defensive player last yr Justin Smith with someone who can actually, you know, get to the passer & play the run effectively too.

I live in San Jose btw & get the regional NFL games every Sunday, & for the last 2 yrs. it's been a comedy of errors with the 9ers. Martzball was a great screaming failure & JT O'Sullivan fumbled more than Trent Dilfer did, hard to believe but it happened, & their offense still needs a lot of work, but I know you sell tickets with offense & win with defense. Former defensive guru Singletary I think knows it too, I think that's the way they're going.

Comment

• http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...-in-draft.html

Add Nate Davis and Andre Smith to the list of visiting players.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  I love William Moore but is SS really that high of a priority now that the team has Michael Lewis, Reggie Smith and Jimmy Williams at that position?
                  I think he'd be capable of playing FS. Patrick Chung and Delmas should also be available.

Comment

• I remember reading somewhere that out of all the visits last year, the only player we drafted was Josh Morgan.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      I think he'd be capable of playing FS. Patrick Chung and Delmas should also be available.
                      Capable? Absolutely. But because of the lack of playmaking that has come from the FS position for so many years I would much prefer a FS that resembles a ball-hawking CB than an in-the-box SS.

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                      I remember reading somewhere that out of all the visits last year, the only player we drafted was Josh Morgan.
                      True. But the 49ers drafted so late last year that they couldn't really bring in a guy that was "guaranteed" to be there. Plus, bringing a guy in sometimes removes a player from a "wish list". It'll be much more likely that the 1st round pick visted this year than was the case last year.

Comment

• With the amount of potential options to trade back, the Niners I'm sure are bringing in prospects that they won't draft to create smokescreens.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                          I remember reading somewhere that out of all the visits last year, the only player we drafted was Josh Morgan.
                          I think that they are bringing in all the potential #10 picks to make the most informed decision and the rest are just follow ups so they have the whole picture on a player (like bringing in Mike Goodson, for example).

Comment

• Yerah, Maiocco mentioned the possibility that Goodson, Foster, and Sheets may have been brought in to get a better feel for their "character concerns".

Updated my above post regarding visits to add Aaron Maybin...

Comment

• How many of us really want us to draft Maybin?

Comment

• Aaron Maybin: Do Not Want
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information