• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Maybin

Yay - 0
    Nay - 2

Comment

• I do NOT want Maybin.

I'd rather take a guy in the 2nd because there isn't that much drop off, but the price is a lot cheaper.

Comment

• I don't get the Maybin hate. Many would have no problem with Orakpo or Brown at #10 and I believe Maybin is a much better 3-4 OLB prospect than either of those two guys.
        Last edited by phlysac; 04-09-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          I don't get the Maybin hate. Many would have no problem with Orakpo or Brown at #10 and I believe Maybin is a much better 3-4 OLB prospect than either of those two guys.
          Well there you go.. you might be the only one who believes that.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
            I'd rather take a guy in the 2nd because there isn't that much drop off, but the price is a lot cheaper.
            I was of that opinion as well but due to the lack of rush ends in this year's draft I am incresingly concerned that potential 3-4 OLBs...

Brian Orakpo
            Everette Brown
            Aaron Maybin
            Clay Matthews
            Michael Johnson
            Connor Barwin
            Larry English
            Lawrence Sidbury

will all be off the board at #43.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
              I was of that opinion as well but due to the lack of rush ends in this year's draft I am incresingly concerned that potential 3-4 OLBs...

Brian Orakpo
              Everette Brown
              Aaron Maybin
              Clay Matthews
              Michael Johnson
              Connor Barwin
              Larry English
              Lawrence Sidbury

will all be off the board at #43.
              I believe that about half of these guys will be busts as OLBs, as many of the better pass rushing DEs making the transition have little or no experience in coverage and many of the LBs with covering skills aren't great pass rushers. Something's gotta give.

I live Maybin as a boom-or-bust project player, but he's not worth the gamble at 10 IMO. I believe he will ultimately transition in the NFL better as a 4-3 pass rushing DE than a 3-4 OLB. With that being said, I'm not sold on Brown at 10 either and Orakpo I have questions about, so hopefully he'll be off the board before the Niners pick.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                Well there you go.. you might be the only one who believes that.
                I firmly believe that Maybin is a better prospect at 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB than Brown and a better 3-4 OLB prospect than Orakpo. Maybin >>> Brown.
                Last edited by abaddon41_80; 04-09-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  I firmly believe that Maybin in a better prospect at 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB than Brown and a better 3-4 OLB prospect than Orakpo. Maybin >>> Brown.
                  Well when it comes to 3-4 OLB I think both Brown and Orakpo are better than Maybin.

I think Orakpo is the best of the 3. He possesses a wide range of pass rushing technique, sheds blocks better, and consistently brings it off the end. Maybin plays exactly like Manny Lawson, something I don't want.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    Well when it comes to 3-4 OLB I think both Brown and Orakpo are better than Maybin.

I think Orakpo is the best of the 3. He possesses a wide range of pass rushing technique, sheds blocks better, and consistently brings it off the end. Maybin plays exactly like Manny Lawson, something I don't want.
                    I'm not a big fan of Maybin, and would rather have Orakpo or Brown before him.

However...I do NOT believe that Orakpo possesses a wide range of pass rushing techniques. I believe that belongs to Brown
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Brown is the most NFL ready of the 3 but he also has the lowest ceiling. He already has a wide range of pass rushing moves and his body is pretty much maxed out. I see no potential for him to be anything more than he is now.

Orakpo and Maybin are different. Both have only okay pass rushing moves right now but, with proper coaching, could become All Pro players.

Comment

• I think Maybin should have stayed in college. He's undersized and he's going to get pushed around by OTs. I think Sack-po is damn near reached his ceiling. I think Brown is short but the better of those three.

However, I dont think Brown is worth #10 any more. The best value is that late-1st/early 2nd round area.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          However, I dont think Brown is worth #10 any more. The best value is that late-1st/early 2nd round area.
                          Agreed. I'm not sold on any of those pass rushers in the top 10.

I was trying to think of how many prospects there are in this draft that I feel are worth a top 10 pick. Here is what I came up with (in no order):

Matthew Stafford
                          Michael Crabtree
                          Jason Smith
                          Eugene Monroe
                          Andre Smith
                          BJ Raji
                          Aaron Curry

Those are really the only ones I'm completely sold on as being worth a top 10 pick. I would then add Malcolm Jenkins and Jeremy Maclin. And I would have to add Mark Sanchez to be able to complete that list.

Thats how I see it anyways.

Comment

• I like Maclin but I worry that he's kind of one dimensional, in that he is only a deep threat. If we cant land one of the top 4 OTs or Raji, I would love it if they took Crabtree (assuming he is there). I think he could be an amazing #1 or at least a ridiculously good possession WR.

There was a quote I saw on the cover of the ESPN magazine from him that I liked: "I could run a 4.4 in crutches" haha.

Comment

• Andre Smith
                              Brian Orakpo
                              Eugene Monroe
                              Matt Stafford
                              Aaron Maybin

Those are my 5 favorite prospects in the draft, in that order. I know that Stafford and Monroe are not dropping to 10 and there is a very small chance that Orakpo will. Smith might or might not.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                                Andre Smith
                                Brian Orakpo
                                Eugene Monroe
                                Matt Stafford
                                Aaron Maybin

Those are my 5 favorite prospects in the draft, in that order. I know that Stafford and Monroe are not dropping to 10 and there is a very small chance that Orakpo will. Smith might or might not.
                                While I respect your opinion, I just do not feel in anyway comfortable with taking Maybin that high, let alone in the first 20 picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information