X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    They've got a good point there.
    Yeah it is a crap shoot. The problem is that these scouthing reports are written about players being 4-3 DE's or 4-3 OLB's. They rarely actually break down the fact that the 3-4 isn't a college scheme and the only way to get a player in most cases is to get a "tweener" that lacks experience in all areas necessary to be a LB.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      Still mourning for Brandon Moore?
      Who? :)

Also: Cal's Worrell Williams will work out for the club. I know a few of you mentioned you liked Worrell.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I wouldn't mind the Maybin pick at ten since I don't think that we will ask him to do much more than rush the passer as a rookie.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Who? :)

Also: Cal's Worrell Williams will work out for the club. I know a few of you mentioned you liked Worrell.
          Oh yeah! We will groom him into Takeo Spikes role.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            Oh yeah! We will groom him into Takeo Spikes role.
            They should just take all those Cal defenders since they just played in a 3-4 last year.

Not really.

Comment

They should just take all those Cal defenders since they just played in a 3-4 last year.

Not really.
              I wouldn't mind Williams or Follett.. both are studs. But someone I would like to have pending a good season next year is SydQuan Thompson

Comment

Not really.
                Zak Follett please.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  No. Tarell Brown was getting the most playing time of any CB not named Clements and Harris. He was practically a shutdown CB in the Jets and Redskins games.

And Dashon Goldson is Roman's replacement at FS. Smith has been playing SS.

Still mourning for Brandon Moore? I guess all 32 teams forgot to get the memo that he deserves to be an NFL LB.

Wow
                  I'm hoping Jimmy Williams plays backup SS (he does have weight problems, might as well bulk up and try to utilize his size), and Reggie Smith plays backup FS, as he is more suited to cover WRs than any other Safety on the team I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                    Zak Follett please.
                    Eh, I would rather take a guy like Cody Brown, David Veikune or Stryker Sulak if we are gonna wait till the middle rounds for a passrusher.

Comment

• I want no part of a low ceiling OLB that is under 6'2" 240lbs.

Comment

• I like Follett as a late-round project. He's a good special teamer that you can groom as a backup OLB. I'm not offering him up as an answer to the current pass-rushing issues.

He really came on last year when Cal switched to the 3-4. He's got good instincts and makes big plays. I think he could be real good in a couple of years.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I like Follett as a late-round project. He's a good special teamer that you can groom as a backup OLB. I'm not offering him up as an answer to the current pass-rushing issues.

He really came on last year when Cal switched to the 3-4. He's got good instincts and makes big plays. I think he could be real good in a couple of years.
                          Well if he was to fall towards the end, I would still pick someone like Nick Reed over him.

Comment

I like Follett as a late-round project.
                            If he's to be had, it's in the 4-6 range, same with Worrell.

Comment

• i love me some worrell williams

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                Tarell Brown wears no. 25, he's listed as a 4th stringer backing up Clements in last yr's preseason mag. Were you thinking of Reggie Smith, no. 31? That I would believe.

I hope neither of them falls through the cracks as sooooo many players have with this team, they need them both. Note that this defense gave up more points than anyone other than the Raiders last yr. & I think was 32nd in that category the previous yr. -- they're still awful despite Patrick Willis & bringing in Takeo & Justin Smith.

Reggie Smith has been mentioned by local Bay Area sports press as Roman's replacement at FS, Roman has degenerated into an embarrassment out there. All the coaching changes, the fatal death-blow ownership change within the DeBartolo Dynasty, Dr. John York's obsession with the new Santa Clara stadium that will not happen, lots of factors for inexplicable personnel decisions with this team. I'm still in mourning for LB Brandon Moore who was cut in camp last yr, what do I know....

But I do think they need to find a quality corner opposite Clements & spend the #10 on their many other great glaring needs.
                                as others said the D was better than you are claiming. terrell brown showed signs and regardless of what he was listed on last years preseasons guidebook or whatever, he got a fair amount of burn and showed signs. he only fell late in the draft because of character concerns, which havent come up again. the guy has talent.
                                as for guys falling through the cracks, most late rders dont make it. The niners actually have 21 out of 25 of the players drafted in the last three years on their roster. larry grant is somewhere else, so really thats 3 guys who havent worked out at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information