Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday it popped into my mind that I am not really in love with any of the prospects at the positions the 49ers need the most help at. My favorite right tackle prospect, also my favorite overall prospect, Andre Smith has unlimited potential but his work ethic issues scare me. None of the potential OLB prospects look that great to me. Brown is too short and not explosive enough, Orakpo might be just a freak athlete who can't play in the NFL, English is hard to figure out and possibly injury prone, Maybin has potential but his bust potential scares me, and same thing with Barwin. There are no starting free safety prospects that I even remotely like except for Louis Delmas. My favorite corner is Darius Butler and he will probably be gone before our #2 pick. There are no receivers that look good besides Crabtree and Maclin and Crabtree won't fall to 10 and I don't want Maclin there. I just don't like this draft.

My dream draft, that I probably wouldn't even like that much, would look like

1-10-10. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    2-11-43. Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut
    3-10-74. Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond
    4--11-111. Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
    5-10-146. Kory Sheets, RB, Purdue
    5-35-171. Mike Reilly, QB, Central Washington
    6-11-184. Kevin Ogletree, WR, Virginia
    7-10-219. Joe Burnett, CB/KR, Central Florida
    7-35-244. Daniel Holtzclaw, LB, Eastern Michigan

Comment

• I like the schedule since i'll be going to school in San Fran next year i'm gonna try and go to most of the home games.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
        There are no receivers that look good besides Crabtree and Maclin and Crabtree won't fall to 10 and I don't want Maclin there. I just don't like this draft.
        I really don't care if we don't draft a WR at all. I'd love to see Hill and Morgan develop.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
          I like the schedule since i'll be going to school in San Fran next year i'm gonna try and go to most of the home games.
          I thought you were going to walk on or something at Idaho?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
            I thought you were going to walk on or something at Idaho?
            I did and they cut me right before spring ball, so now I am transfering to City College of San Francisco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
              I am transfering to City College of San Francisco.
              That's a like a Cal pipeline haha. Also, San Francisco > any thing and everything there is in Idaho. No offense.

Comment

• Their lose man!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

That's a like a Cal pipeline haha. Also, San Francisco > any thing and everything there is in Idaho. No offense.
                  None taken man I was in the right place right time finally. If I have two good years here I will be in a place twice as good as Idaho.

Comment

• Alright 49ers fans, I took over for the Niners in a forum mock on another site midway through the draft. How did I do, and any preferences for the final pick?

The first three picks (not mine) were:
                    10. Matt Stafford, QB Georgia
                    43. Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State
                    74. Sherrod Martin, FS Troy

I took over from pick 4:

111. Mark Parson, CB Ohio
                    146. Jasper Brinkley, ILB South Carolina
                    171. Garret Reynolds, OT North Carolina
                    184. Javarris Williams, RB Tennessee State

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                      10. Matt Stafford, QB Georgia
                      43. Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State
                      74. Sherrod Martin, FS Troy
                      111. Mark Parson, CB Ohio
                      146. Jasper Brinkley, ILB South Carolina
                      171. Garret Reynolds, OT North Carolina
                      184. Javarris Williams, RB Tennessee State
                      I guess it Stafford is available at 10 the value is good but would be shocked if they drafted a QB in round one, as much as I like Stafford. I do like Robiskie, even though I dont think they'll take a WR that early, again good value on the pick as I think he's under-rated. Parson is good value. Love the Jasper Brinkley pick, he's beastly. Pretty late for an OT but he's not bad, especially for a 4th. Javarris reminds me of a very poor man's Frank Gore, so I could live with that pick but I think the FO wants a bigger guy to spell Frank the Tank.

As a whole, I could live with that draft but it wouldnt be close to ideal. Again, all the picks have good value, so that is a plus.

Comment

I guess it Stafford is available at 10 the value is good but would be shocked if they drafted a QB in round one, as much as I like Stafford. I do like Robiskie, even though I dont think they'll take a WR that early, again good value on the pick as I think he's under-rated. Parson is good value. Love the Jasper Brinkley pick, he's beastly. Pretty late for an OT but he's not bad, especially for a 4th. Javarris reminds me of a very poor man's Frank Gore, so I could live with that pick but I think the FO wants a bigger guy to spell Frank the Tank.

As a whole, I could live with that draft but it wouldnt be close to ideal. Again, all the picks have good value, so that is a plus.
                        Ya, I think I probably would have tried to add a pass rusher in round 2 or 3 if I had them the whole time.

As far as running back let me look who else was available... Everyone on Scott's big board higher than him besides Foster and Coffee were gone. Who would you rather I took? I thought at 223 lbs he was the best compliment to Gore left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          Who would you rather I took? I thought at 223 lbs he was the best compliment to Gore left.
                          I have no idea without looking at who was left, I am not negatively criticizing the pick, just observing. If that is who the FO took with that pick, it would surprise me but I wouldnt be sitting on my couch like, "what the ****!?" I think it's his height that would probably scare off McCloughan, he says he likes bigger guys, though that tends to not be true.

Comment

I have no idea without looking at who was left, I am not negatively criticizing the pick, just observing. If that is who the FO took with that pick, it would surprise me but I wouldnt be sitting on my couch like, "what the ****!?" I think it's his height that would probably scare off McCloughan, he says he likes bigger guys, though that tends to not be true.
                            Oh alright, good to know. Thanks.

Comment

• Few draft tidbits scrolling rotoworld:
                              Michael Lombardi says the 49ers "love" Michael Oher and we are the lowest he fall in the draft:
                              Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi: I’ve talked to three teams in the top 10 and they feel his bottom will be at No. 10 with the 49ers, who love him. He also might go as high as No. 7 with Oakland.
                              http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...n-on-the-move/

Also Mel Kiper says the 49ers will pass on a QB, he also still has SF picking Maybin:
                              http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/021582.html

Comment

• If they go OL at #10, & they might, then when it comes time to look at a safety Delmas, Rashad Johnson & Chung could be long gone, maybe McBath too, then Sherrod Martin might be the way to go, he's versatile enough for CB or FS.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information