Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we'll be picking somewhere in the top 10..

-Draft Brian Orakpo (Switch to 4-3 Defense)

Smith-Balmer-Soap-Orakpo

Spikes/Willis/Lawson

Clements/Goldson or Smith/M. Lewis/Rookie CB or FA Pickup

Then draft a quarterback late in the first day to compete with Smith and Veteran QB..

As much as I hate to say it this season is over.. We have a very tough schedule and I'll be surprised if we win more then 5 games this year..
    WIN, LOSE, OR TIE, 49ERS TILL I DIE.

Comment

• I think we need a pass rusher badly. And since it is unlikely Suggs/Peppers hit the market, I want Okrapo/Hardy/Selvie with our 1st pick. Don't care if we run the 3-4 or 4-3, we need someone who can put pressure on opposing QB's constantly. Haralson is our best pass rusher and yesterday he recorded his 4th sack. Pathetic!

Comment

• The more film I have watched on the team. The more I agree with some of you that Staley needs to go back to RT and the Niners need to take Oher to play left.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• If we get Oher, which I don't believe we will cause our record won't land us a Top 5 pick, I believe Staley should go back to being a RT. If we get another OT later in the Draft, it will depend on that skillset to determine who pays where. Oher is a natural LT, whereas Staley would be just as comfortable at RT.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            If we get Oher, which I don't believe we will cause our record won't land us a Top 5 pick, I believe Staley should go back to being a RT. If we get another OT later in the Draft, it will depend on that skillset to determine who pays where. Oher is a natural LT, whereas Staley would be just as comfortable at RT.
            Staley will be a very solid starter at LT. At RT though he will be one of the best in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
              Staley will be a very solid starter at LT. At RT though he will be one of the best in the NFL.
              That's why I wouldn't want to move him, unless we Drafted Oher or obtained another dominant LT. Staley is more versatile and could make the switch. Plus, he played better at RT overall as a rookie.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                That's why I wouldn't want to move him, unless we Drafted Oher or obtained another dominant LT. Staley is more versatile and could make the switch. Plus, he played better at RT overall as a rookie.
                Oher first round it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  The more film I have watched on the team. The more I agree with some of you that Staley needs to go back to RT and the Niners need to take Oher to play left.
                  I TOLD YOU SO ............. Just kidding. He's been OK at LT, but yeah, having him at RT would be ideal.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                    I TOLD YOU SO .............
                    Thanks Dan :) haha kidding kidding

Comment

• If Snyder can solidify the RT spot, I would have no problem keeping Staley at LT and drafting CB Malcolm Jenkins in the first round to start opposite Clements. This way, our starting OL would be set with Staley at LT, Rachal at LG, Heitmann at C, Baas at RG and Snyder at RT. The second day can be used to draft a backup OG and OT.

Comment

• I stilld don't think Snyder can be a starter. I know he is a better tackle than guard, but I still just don't know. Either way if an elite LT falls to the Niners they have to take him.

Comment

• I was just thinking today. If next year we run a true 3-4 defense. What would you think about us trading for either Justin Bannan or Kelly Gregg from Baltimore? They are both very good 3-4 NT and I doubt Baltimore can keep them both. Bannan is a young up and coming player so I don't know if we could pry him away. Gregg is getting closer to the end of his prime but, he is still an upgrade. What do you guys think?

Comment

• I'd rather find a younger NT so the D will hit it's prime all together, dominating for several years. Gregg will likely be the cap casualty, but without Nolan, I don't see Scotty Mac bringing in yet another former Raven FA. The only future "former" Raven I want is Suggs. He's a stud.

Comment

• Malcolm Jenkins teamed with Nate would give us a sick secondary for years to come.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                                Malcolm Jenkins teamed with Nate would give us a sick secondary for years to come.
                                We drafted Reggie Smith to replace Walt so I don't see that happening. I think Reggie is going to be one hell of a player when given the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information