• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Patton!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If i had to categorize offensive and defensive needs

Offense
      -QB (we wont go anywhere with Sully or Hill)
      -OT
      -OG
      -Backup RB

Defense (4-3)
      -DT
      -DE (Pass Rusher)
      -OLB
      -CB

Didnt say FS because i think Reggie Smith is our FS of the future. CB would have been higher but i am sold on Tarrell Brown. He's played well whenever ive seen him with the exception of one Desean Jackson reception.

Comment

if are going to speculate on offensive positions:

QB - obviously we need a franchise guy, hopefully it wont be someone taken high and thrown into the fire

RB - a back up would be good but I don't think it's critical

RT - Gebus do we need a better RT

I would love to see us take Bomar but I am just a homer since I used to go to SHSU.

Comment

Put me on the Matt Stafford bandwagon. Yes it would require a high pick and a lot of money but York has to pay for putting us through another year of Nolan.

I don't think o-line is really that big of an issue. I think the protection issues are more of Martz's scheme then the players itself....expect for Barry Sims, he doesn't get a free pass.

I agree with everyone else the d-line must be addressed. They are getting blown off the line and it would benefit Pattywagon a lot more then drafting a TED.

Comment

If they take a QB in round one, his ass better ride pine for at least a year. I hate when teams throw rookies into the fire. Unless they have the mental strength of Matt Ryan (that guy's unreal), I feel they should ride the bench.

Comment

RT is the biggest need right now. Next I would say a top notch D-lineman unless Balmer works out too early to tell though. Right now RT whould be what I would go with.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Put me on the Matt Stafford bandwagon. Yes it would require a high pick and a lot of money but York has to pay for putting us through another year of Nolan.
                Hilarious! :) Pay up York!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

After the Philly game, my order is now:
                  O-Line
                  DE
                  WR
                  DB
                  QB - I think given the tools Sullivan can do the job

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Yes I still have all the confidence that JT is the guy. It seemed like all the scouting reports on him early in his career were he eventually could turn into a very good NFL QB.

Comment

After this past game, I don't believe he's going to be the guy. He seems prone to throwing into coverage.

Comment

the thing about this years class of qb's...unless tebow or strafford come out it would be wise to get a qb in the latter part of the draft

Comment

Now that our injuries are starting to heal (Stallworth, Tucker, Steinbach and Hadnot) and our offense is getting back on track, if Derek Anderson continues to be consistent, do you think the 9ers would be interested for a reasonable price? I think DA is perfect for Mike Martz system since he loves going deep and is accurate doing so. He's also good at short dump offs and screens to backs. I think Martz system would eliminate for the most part his glaring weakness of throwing the midrange ball accurately.
                          Last edited by Brent; 10-15-2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

No because DA will take too much in return and doesnt have a fast enough release for Martz.

Comment

Yeah his release is too slow he is a vertical passing game QB. J.T. is just young he will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                                J.T. is just young
                                he's 30, not 24

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information