X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know why we didnt take Andre Brown, if we were going to go RB
    CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• so much for that big back non-sense from Scot...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Rotoworld take on Coffee:
        A surprising choice with Andre Brown and Rashad Jennings on the clock. But it's not surprising the 49ers added another back to share the load with Frank Gore. Coffee is not an especially elusive or explosive runner, but he has good between the tackles power and can break tackles. Gore owners can't love another back added to the mix, but Coffee doesn't project as a huge difference maker.
        Watching some of the Coffee highlights his running style runs me of Steve Slaton. Here are some clips:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfK6_E57__8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHjdSkjj2Rc

Comment

• Love that SportsCentre segment. Class.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
            I think we could have got him lower had we had a fourth, but I can't deny that he'll pair well with Gore and keeping Gore healthy is a huge part of keeping the team going.

If I'm the FO then I think I'd be looking to package some picks to get back into the 4th right now...
            I would be all for trading our 2nd next year for a 3rd, 4th, and 5th this year. Maybe even just a 3rd and 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              Rotoworld take on Coffee:

Watching some of the Coffee highlights his running style runs me of Steve Slaton. Here are some clips:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfK6_E57__8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHjdSkjj2Rc
              maybe his style is like slaton's although he is nowhere near as fast

Comment

• <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4roYWjrNnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4roYWjrNnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

seems like a good pick. i still however wanted andre brown

Comment

• McGee is gone.

Thanks to the cowgirls
                  Originally posted by Babylon
                  It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    I would be all for trading our 2nd next year for a 3rd, 4th, and 5th this year. Maybe even just a 3rd and 4th.
                    What I had in mind was packaging our 5+7 as we've got compensatory picks in those rounds anyway, but I'd had no problem trading away a 2nd or 3rd next year either, bearing in mind we'll have great bargaining power thanks to our two first rounders.

-------

On another note, McGee's gone, I think I can hear Brent's disappointment from across the Atlantic...

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      McGee is gone.

Thanks to the cowgirls
                      Uh oh. Brent will be bummed. Not only do we not get his home boy McGee, but he ends up going to the hated Cowboys.

*Just remember Crabtree, Brent.*

I like Coffee. Doesnt he have good hands? I think he has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, he just wasnt used that way at Alabama though.

Comment

• The Coffee pick was good. He's a great character guy who has been recognized in the community for his work and has become a HUGE man of faith. That helps me understand the connection with Coach Sing and the Niners taking him. Not the bruiser (like Jennings) I though they'd take, but I think he's an overall talented runner who has great hands for receiving and his scouting reports say he is a good in pass pro.

Now, who is the odd man (or men) out on the Niners backfield? How many RBs do they keep?

Gore
                        Coffee
                        Foster
                        Robinson
                        Clayton

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I'm not real hyped on the Coffee pick. I wish would would have addressed the O-line here. I guess now we will have to wait until the 5th to do that.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                            The Coffee pick was good. He's a great character guy who has been recognized in the community for his work and has become a HUGE man of faith. That helps me understand the connection with Coach Sing and the Niners taking him. Not the bruiser (like Jennings) I though they'd take, but I think he's an overall talented runner who has great hands for receiving and his scouting reports say he is a good in pass pro.

Now, who is the odd man (or men) out on the Niners backfield? How many RBs do they keep?

Gore
                            Coffee
                            Foster
                            Robinson
                            Clayton
                            I think this signals the end of the line for Foster.

Robinson is the question mark for me. It would depend on how much wildcat Jimmy Raye has in his playbook. If it's a substantial amount, then I believe he has a role, if not, then I think he's also expendable.

I would be very pleased with Gore/Coffee/Clayton.
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• We should wave good-bye to DeShaun.

I've stated in numerous posts that this team needs play makers. I'm happy that we are focusing on the offensive side of the ball. I trust that Sing will be able to kick start the careers of some of the under-achievers/youngsters we currently have on the defensive side of the ball.

I dont really buy that in order to have a 2 back system in the NFL now that the players have to be polar opposites of each other. The speed/power back combo theory. I just think that you have to be a good RB and I think Coffee will be a good, all round RB.

Comment

• I like the Coffee pick. I remember watching Alabama last year and thinking that he looked pretty good, I even wondered if he'd make a good complement to Gore. Then, I kind of lost sight of him because (like all the other 49ers analysts out there) I was focusing more on bigger backs. But I can just remember thinking while watching him that it was really amazing how a running back could look so smooth one minute and so physical the next. Solid pick, IMO.

From here on in, I think you're pretty much looking at developmental guys for SF. Maybe a young OT who can be groomed for a year or two, or a raw CB. Interior OL or DL depth could also be an option.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information