Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I trust the Niner's ability to evaluate RBs. If they wanted Coffee over Brown and Jennings, I can't argue.

I LOVE Barrows' Nickname for Gore and Coffee:

Frank n' Beans! LOL!

Comment

• DeShaun is already off of the team. I love the Coffee pick the reason why he was picked over the other guys imo is he is a better blocker and adds special teams value. He will be a nice change of pace to Gore.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
        I think this signals the end of the line for Foster.

Robinson is the question mark for me. It would depend on how much wildcat Jimmy Raye has in his playbook. If it's a substantial amount, then I believe he has a role, if not, then I think he's also expendable.

I would be very pleased with Gore/Coffee/Clayton.
        I approve of this message. ;)

Waive (or somehow trade) Foster. I was pumped a couple weeks ago when the Bills were talking about trading for him, but that didn't materialize. Throw M-Rob on the trading block, or keep him as a Wildcat situational/special teams guy if he's going to be used.

I think it's time to look towards developmental players as well. Maybe a QB, a corner with blazing speed, an interior O-Lineman who's fallen, or a DE that could rotate in or become an insurance policy for McDonald.

If they could package picks and move up, I think that would be great. Ideally, I'd like them to take a guy or two, and then trade to get some extra picks next year.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          so much for that big back non-sense from Scot...
          According the Maiocco, Coffee is looking to play around 220 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
            We just had a dream first round pick, and a great first day I love it.
            If only it was a dream. LOL.

Comment

• Sidbury...gone
              Originally posted by Babylon
              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Get over it dan! We get CRABS and you're not happy? Jeez...

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Considering this is the "ignore our needs" draft, I'm in favor of Bomar with our 5th.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    Get over it dan! We get CRABS and you're not happy? Jeez...
                    Yeah, this makes no sense. Are you ever happy Dan? I take it back, I remember you were happy when Jonas Jennings got cut.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• There is some good tackles left.

I think both picks so far have been needs. They go BPA in the first and they wanted someone to come in and be the number 2 back. There was no way they could get someone to beat out Clayton in the 5th round.

Comment

• Honestly, im 50-50.

Either he becomes the next T.O. or the next Woods. The biggest positive is that Hill has a legitimate weapon that he can depend on. I just hope that it turns out that way because if not, having another first round bust shows that we dont know what the hell we're doing. Just have to wait and see. My bigger complaint is the trade. I wouldnt have done that. I dont care about next year. I care about this year first and if we suck, neither Singletary or McCloughan will be back to use that extra first rounder. Makes no sense to me.

And on a somewhat related side note -

How lucky are the damn Packers to get a NT with Raji after switching to the 3-4 a few months ago??? We have needed a NT for over four years and we're still looking.

Comment

• The reason it doesn't make sense to you is because you probably wouldn't have thought of it in Madden.

This is brilliant. Our front office didn't see the value for us at our pick, and had the chance to gain an extra first. Again...AN EXTRA FIRST. And since I believe you don't pick things up very quickly....that means we get two picks next year in the first round of the draft.

1. We get a playmaker that we have been missing for quite some time now.
                          2. A compliment to Frank Gore, which will allow us to ground and pound this year.
                          3. We put ourselves in a dominating position for next years draft.

You say you don't want to look forward to next year. Take a look at the most successful team this decade, and how they approach the draft.
                          Originally posted by Babylon
                          It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• I would have been happier if we traded our 2nd for the Panthers 2nd AND 3rd this year. We could have drafted the best compliment RB in the bottom of the second and then draft an ILB and RT in the third.

Comment

• I wont be shocked if they keep taking offensive prospects specially on OL such as Herman Johnson or Duke Robinson.
                              A new champions generation has born!

Comment

• I was hoping Troy Kropog would fall to our 5th round pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information