This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    I meant they ignored more pressing needs. WR was not a top need for the team. Backup RB wasn't as big a need (in my opinion) as RT and OLB. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love the Crabtree pick. I wanted him for months now. Once Raji was gone, it was Crabtree for me.
    I disagree. Picking an OT or OLB would be selecting backups as well. No third round OT is going to beat Smith out, and same with any OLBs and Haralson.

I agree we need more depth at those positions, but if you think about what they want to do with Coffee, RB becomes a much larger need. They want a 2 back system. Hopefully Coffee will play every week this year.

A second RB isn't a luxury anymore. RBs take too many hits to handle the load themselves. Gore will break down in our new offense if we don't pickup Coffee or Brown in the 3rd. I think you would be hardpressed to find many teams with worse backup RBs than us before this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by NIMV View Post
      I wont be shocked if they keep taking offensive prospects specially on OL such as Herman Johnson or Duke Robinson.
      I would love to see them take Herman Johnson either at pick 173 or in the 6th round. That guy is massive and worth a flier at this point.

Comment

• BTW, Rashad Jennings is still available. The Coffee pick was a big reach and we had other issues that should have been addressed before backup RB in the third.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          I would love to see them take Herman Johnson either at pick 173 or in the 6th round. That guy is massive and worth a flier at this point.
          There are a lot of OLmen that could be available. The Giants have had an amazing draft btw.

Comment

• Borat, I really think you're looking at it the wrong way. "Backup" RB implies that Coffee is only going to play when Gore's hurt-- in reality his importance is going to be that plus keeping Gore fresh and healthy by splitting time with him. He's not so much a backup RB as a second RB. You can argue that there may have been better runners out there (personally, I like Coffee) but I think you're shortchanging how much of a need that was.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
              There are a lot of OLmen that could be available. The Giants have had an amazing draft btw.
              Agreed, don't want to hyperbole it, but with their draft class and free agent signings they have had one of the best off seasons I have seen in years. I am just happy they didn't add Edwards.

Comment

• I have a bad feeling that passing on Everette Brown could be a big mistake
                CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Here is McKillop's draft prolie video on nfl.com
                  http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f92a24

Did not know he was 08 Big East Defense player of the year and Scott has him rated as the 4th best ILB.

Comment

• Well is more like they don't improve our Pass Rushers's corp. Although Haraldon improved last season, Niners need more men who can make pressure to QB but also an insurance if starters get hurted.
                    A new champions generation has born!

Comment

• like the mckillop pick. zac follett is still on the board and i would like us to take him next time around. the only downside to mckillop is he played the mike position at Pitt, but he will have time to adjust
                      “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                        Borat, I really think you're looking at it the wrong way. "Backup" RB implies that Coffee is only going to play when Gore's hurt-- in reality his importance is going to be that plus keeping Gore fresh and healthy by splitting time with him. He's not so much a backup RB as a second RB. You can argue that there may have been better runners out there (personally, I like Coffee) but I think you're shortchanging how much of a need that was.
                        Yeah, I understand the philosophy of the 2nd RB. I just think we could get by this year with Clayton as that guy and focus on building the depth at CB most importantly or at OLB and OT.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• McKillop is a tackling machine that could pair nice with Willis as Spikes' eventual replacement. I see him as a good fill in LB and special teamer this year. Brinkley's measurables were better than McKillops, but I think McKillops is a better pick, and a better football player. His NFL.com profile compares him to a bigger Zach Thomas - not bad for a 5th Rounder.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Duke Robinson is gone....Johnson still on board

Comment

• Originally posted by NIMV View Post
                              Well is more like they don't improve our Pass Rushers's corp. Although Haraldon improved last season, Niners need more men who can make pressure to QB but also an insurance if starters get hurted.
                              I was of the same opinion till a week or so ago. Lawson should be more involved. He is coming in much bigger. Haralson can only be better as well.

On top of that, we ranked 16th in the league last year in sacks. Not really a huge need to say the truth.

We do have depth issues are OLB though.

Comment

• Both guards I wanted to be Niners, are gone now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information