Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn not the type of news I wanted in May. Too bad we lost out on Eric Green and Kai Parham in the off season, would be some good depth right now. Wonder if they will kick Reggie Smith back over to CB or have Word-Daniels or Thomas compete for the newly open roster spot? Maiocco says we are going to go after Bly:
    CB Walt Harris has likely season-ending injury. Good bet 49ers will go after veteran free-agent Dre' Bly. He's played every game past 3 yrs.
    Never been a fan of Dre Bly and, like a few posters above, I would like to see SF make a push for McAllister.
    Here is a list of free agent CBs
    http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...3&rc=16&pid=30

Pac Man is still out there, he looked good on Pros vs Joes a few nights ago. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      I wouldn't mind having Shawntae Spencer across from Clements, providing Spencer is healthy.
      That was my first thought.

Originally posted by Borat View Post
      I agree with MadIrishman. I'd go with McAllister. He and Coach Sing were together in Baltimore.
      That was my second.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        Pac Man is still out there, he looked good on Pros vs Joes a few nights ago. :D
        I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :(

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
          Id take McAlister just off of how much he was given in baltimore and how complex his defense was. Theres got to be something wrong though because he looked like he was off to a good season then injured and released. Cap probably was considered but there could be other reasons.

Mike McKenzie, Dre Bly, Rod Hood, even the constant FA Aaron Glenn, and travis fisher?

Rod hood isnt horrible, he just doesnt have any height or long speed, he's a NB.
          I mean McAlister has played in only 14 games over the last two years. I would sign someone more durable than that.

Remember, they wouldn't sign Holt due to concerns with his knee. They generally don't sign players with injury concerns. This isn't the Raiders forum sir :D
          Last edited by thediggler3030; 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• I would not be oppose to Dre Bly at all. This is a great opportunity for Tarrell lets hope he can build off of a great year last year.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5312

Great article about todays OTA. Good to hear Raye is puting in plays for the TE's. To hear that Rice is talking to Morgan a lot is a very good thing too.

Comment

• http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...h-dre-bly.html

I wouldnt mind Dre Bly at all.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I would like the Dre Bly signing. At first, I preferred Chris McAlister too but realized the team needs someone more dependable back there. They need a veteran to rely on in case the younger guys falter and you just don't know if McAlister is going to be healthy or not.

I will say Dre Bly looked flat out bad some times I watched in Denver though. I think a lot of this has to do with being left out on an island a lot though and not having the speed he once did because Bly and Champ Bailey were the only two good players on the entire defense.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that guys :(

One hell of a player, very underrated Cornerback, one of those great, easily forgettable players. I forgot how much I hate playing against him. Unless Jackson is trucking along, breaking forearms ;)

You guys will still be fine, Singletary already has something up his sleeve I'd assume, he always does.
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                      Sorry to hear that guys :(

One hell of a player, very underrated Cornerback, one of those great, easily forgettable players. I forgot how much I hate playing against him. Unless Jackson is trucking along, breaking forearms ;)

You guys will still be fine, Singletary already has something up his sleeve I'd assume, he always does.
                      Do you want an E-hug?

Comment

• No brotha! Trust me, on gameday I change, I hate you all, but right now, a respectable rival. Whom is fun to talk with.

Comment

• I find this strange urge to give you one.

Comment

• Haha, you know what. Yeah, an e-hug would be great :P

Comment

• *E-Hugs HawkeyeFan*

Comment

• *blushes* LULz

While I'm here. Thoughts on my boy Bartell?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information