Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
    Who do you plan to replace them with? Some of the guys you want to release have roles to play as mentors to their successors.



    It is way too early to evaluate this class. We took a number of players that we're sitting to develop.



    If you're referring to how Gore's being used this season, he's average over 20 touches.
    i would hope sf replaces those guys with solid draft picks and decent fa signing.
    why wait for developement? you are talking like sf is in the lead in the division.
    since singletary took over his production has gotten better but you know as well as i do he can do more.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      Patrick Willis was actually a first round pick believe it or not.

      Dan getting Dansby and Suggs will do nothing. Dansby is already being underutilized playing 3-4 ILB when he is a way better 4-3 SAM. Suggs is not the answer to the pass rush problems signing these two will just put us in cap hell.
      is willis a rookie this year? no.

      Comment


      • we should try and get Jimmy Johnson. He and his hair would be awesome in the bay area

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          Everyone here knows that im not an Alex Smith fan and never wanted him back in 2005 but im not stupid. A lot of money, time and effort has been invested in him and at only 25 years old, no way would I release him outright. Shaun Hill would be the only QB on the roster and im sorry, I wouldnt waste a draft pick on another QB when he's only going to take years to develop as well as a lot of money. Smith played horrible as a rookie but played well in 2006 and showed huge improvement. He played back in 2007 but that had to do more with Nolan screwing up his arm/shoulder than it did the OC.

          Defensively, the reason why we're bad is because is offense is worse. There's no consistency offensively which in turn, kills our defense because they're on the field the majority of the time. Add in the fact that we dont have a pure NT to run the 3-4, no pass rush which leaves our secondary out to dry and a DC who I dont think is any good and that all adds up to why our defense is horrible.

          Here's the number one FA rule - dont OVERPAY any player 30 or older and the reason why is simple - you're paying a player who's already past his prime and will eventually wear down to where he's not worth even bringing in for a tryout. Suggs and Dansby are in their prime and will provide what we dont have - an instant pass rush. Add in a new DC (im hoping for Rob Ryan) who knows how to use his best DE and LB core, and we should have a much better defense.

          Schwartz??? We're going to hire another cheap DC to become our next HC and for what reason? To save money? Please. We need an ex-HC who knows what he's done and hopefully, has experience with developing QB's. Another reason is that unlike another coordinator, an ex-HC will have experience with being the HC and will relate to the players far better than any coordinator. The only thing is hiring the right ex-HC to be our next head coach.
          i'm so done with smith i could care less if he became the next big thing.
          your right lets overpay a corner like clements who has had major success so far.
          who is sf going to convince to come out here?

          Comment


          • I'd like to land one of the top OTs in FA to avoid having to draft one early. Draft wise, I think we'll be out of range for Andre Smith and Michael Oher anyway. Eugene Monroe might be there though in case we don't address OT in FA. We'll probably miss on Jenkins, Crabtree and Stafford though. Hopefully Orakpo will be there when we pick. I'd be very happy with:

            1. DE/OLB Orakpo
            2. NT BJ Raji (we better get a good NT this offseason. I'm tired of waiting. Also, if Terrence Cody comes out, we gotta get him no matter what it takes)
            3. OLB Clay Matthews - Rainbeau nailed this pick
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
              is willis a rookie this year? no.
              Damn our team for taking developemental players. Yeah I am a big fan of Clay Matthews would love to see him in the red and gold.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

              Comment


              • First Round
                1. Defensive Backfield
                If Jenkins is there, we definitely should take a look at him. He's the kind of CB that gets gameplanned around and could start for us for years. He's a guy I could see coming in and starting right away. I know some of you are high on Reggie Smith starting opposite Clements, but nabbing Jenkins could be a blessing in disguise for you guys, Smith could be used at FS or Nickel Back. William Moore should get a look as he is the top draft eligible safety on the board and, IMO, the best all around safety coming out this year.

                2. Offensive Line
                Namely Offensive Tackle but it wouldn't hurt to bulk up the interior of the line as well. We're a couple more wins away from slipping out of range to grab Andre Smith, Michael Oher, or Eugene Monroe. Of the three, I would take Andre Smith. He reminds alot of San Diego's Marcus McNeil with old school type of play. He's the mauler we've been waiting to get since Derrick Deese retired. But this years Tackle class is pretty deep and talented so this issue could get addressed in later rounds, if we so happen to slip out of range.

                3. Pass Rusher
                Our fast flow 3-4 looks nothing like a fast flow 3-4 simply because the "pass rushers" aren't getting to the QB. I'm looking to guys like Orakpo, Johnson, Hardy, Selvie etc. to provide the spark this defense needs.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                  I'd like to land one of the top OTs in FA to avoid having to draft one early. Draft wise, I think we'll be out of range for Andre Smith and Michael Oher anyway. Eugene Monroe might be there though in case we don't address OT in FA. We'll probably miss on Jenkins, Crabtree and Stafford though. Hopefully Orakpo will be there when we pick. I'd be very happy with:

                  1. DE/OLB Orakpo
                  2. NT BJ Raji (we better get a good NT this offseason. I'm tired of waiting. Also, if Terrence Cody comes out, we gotta get him no matter what it takes)
                  3. OLB Clay Matthews - Rainbeau nailed this pick
                  ya, and matthews could possibly even be gotten in the 4th

                  i completely agree with you on the cody statement, we need to get an NT this offseason and if he is in the draft, we must get him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    First Round
                    1. Defensive Backfield
                    If Jenkins is there, we definitely should take a look at him. He's the kind of CB that gets gameplanned around and could start for us for years. He's a guy I could see coming in and starting right away. I know some of you are high on Reggie Smith starting opposite Clements, but nabbing Jenkins could be a blessing in disguise for you guys, Smith could be used at FS or Nickel Back. William Moore should get a look as he is the top draft eligible safety on the board and, IMO, the best all around safety coming out this year.

                    2. Offensive Line
                    Namely Offensive Tackle but it wouldn't hurt to bulk up the interior of the line as well. We're a couple more wins away from slipping out of range to grab Andre Smith, Michael Oher, or Eugene Monroe. Of the three, I would take Andre Smith. He reminds alot of San Diego's Marcus McNeil with old school type of play. He's the mauler we've been waiting to get since Derrick Deese retired. But this years Tackle class is pretty deep and talented so this issue could get addressed in later rounds, if we so happen to slip out of range.

                    3. Pass Rusher
                    Our fast flow 3-4 looks nothing like a fast flow 3-4 simply because the "pass rushers" aren't getting to the QB. I'm looking to guys like Orakpo, Johnson, Hardy, Selvie etc. to provide the spark this defense needs.
                    i agree with your statement on William Moore, if we win a couple more games i think he warrants a long look as Safety is easily one of our teams biggest needs. plus, it will be an easier choice as most of our top guys would probably be gone by that point anyways. i am not too high on johnson or selvie though, much higher on a guy like orakpo that i can easily see becoming our version of merriman/ware, a monster DE strength wise with crazy speed. and Oline wise, i think that pieces are there and that they just need time to gel, with the exception of adam snyder at RT, however i think a better option could be found in FA, or not the 1st round as there are bigger needs to be addressed

                    Comment


                    • If we are picking in the 10-15 range then I think Moore should be the pick it also depends on what OT's are available.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                      Comment


                      • At least we can be happy (?) about how consistent the areas we need help at have been this year. We never have to rethink who the 49ers should draft.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                          At least we can be happy (?) about how consistent the areas we need help at have been this year. We never have to rethink who the 49ers should draft.
                          We never have to think that hard thats for sure.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                            i would hope sf replaces those guys with solid draft picks and decent fa signing.
                            Which is what they're trying to do...still doesn't mean we can cut our starters with no replacements. Mentoring our draft picks will be important too.

                            why wait for developement?
                            Because instant success isn't possible? And because talented draft picks sometimes need time to adjust?

                            you are talking like sf is in the lead in the division.
                            What do you mean?

                            since singletary took over his production has gotten better but you know as well as i do he can do more.
                            He's only had a couple of solid games since Singletary took over...

                            Comment


                            • I want the 49ers draft to look something like this

                              1st - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
                              2nd - Phil Loadholt, RT, Oklahoma or Fenuki Tupou, RT, Oregon
                              3rd - Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama
                              4th - Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
                              5th - Joe Burnett, CB/KR/PR, Central Florida
                              6th - Roland Martin, OG, Michigan State
                              7th - Corey Lewis, Northern Iowa

                              To go along with the signing of Albert Haynesworth, and I don't care how much it costs, and the resigning of Takeo Spikes. I we should play a 4-3 and a front seven looking like this,

                              Justin Smith - Kentwan Balmer - Albert Haynesworth - Brian Orakpo
                              Manny Lawson - Patrick Willis - Takeo Spikes

                              would be very good, imo. The secondary will be good enough with Clements and Reggie Smith/Tarell Brown at corner, Michael Lewis at SS, and Rashad Johnson at FS. Aubrayo Franklin, Ronald Fields, Roderick Green, Banta-Cain, Roman, and Donald Strickland should be gone.

                              Comment


                              • Look dont get me wrong I enjoy us winning after all this gloom but every time we win meaningless games like Buffalo we slide down the draft order and further away from the guys that would actually make a difference to us. I would rather bomb the season and get a top 5 pick than have a mediocre one were we finish 6 - 10 and have a pick in the teens. I'm already afraid Jenkins has slipped from our grasp already and probably Orakpo too.


                                me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information