Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When NFLN said the 49ers in their latest rebuilding profect I just turned it off.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      When NFLN said the 49ers in their latest rebuilding profect I just turned it off.
      No one is giving us any credit. People seem to forget that we went 5-3 with Hill/Singletary last year, the three losses coming on the road in close games against teams with winning records, and got better in offseason.

Comment

• Weren't we 1-yard from going to the playoffs? Didn't Arizona finish 8-8 and us at 7-9, but we held the tie-breaker with a better division record?
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          Weren't we 1-yard from going to the playoffs? Didn't Arizona finish 8-8 and us at 7-9, but we held the tie-breaker with a better division record?
          Arizona finished 9-7.

Comment

Weren't we 1-yard from going to the playoffs? Didn't Arizona finish 8-8 and us at 7-9, but we held the tie-breaker with a better division record?
            Devil's Advocate: we barely beat the Rams in week 16, had to go into OT to beat Seattle in week 2. Not to mention that if Nedney missed the 39-yarder in week 17, we would have gone to OT, and there's no assurance how that would have ended.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• A win's a win. The Niners gave away 3 or 4 games early in the season, that if they had made a certain play or had stopped their opponent in a certain situation, they could have pulled off another couple wins.

I was at the Monday night AZ game when they were robbed by horrible officiating IMO. That game could have easily been a win as well, giving a better head to head record and division record. The Cardinals themselves were a little underrated as well, and showed it when they made a run in the playoffs, earning them some respect.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                Arizona finished 9-7.
                Right. What I meant was that if we had gotten that 1 yard I mentioned, then we both would have finished 8-8 and we'd have had the tie-breaker and the spot in the playoffs.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Right. What I meant was that if we had gotten that 1 yard I mentioned, then we both would have finished 8-8 and we'd have had the tie-breaker and the spot in the playoffs.
                  IIRC, they still would have been 5-1 in the division while we would have been 4-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    IIRC, they still would have been 5-1 in the division while we would have been 4-2.
                    Well damn. Where the hell did I hear that we were 1-yard away from the playoffs? I'm going to pop that dude in the mouf.

Comment

• You could argue that the 49ers could've won 11 or so games last season. I also think it's obvious to people who pay close attention to the talent on the team, they are close to being a playoff team. With that said, I'm tired of hearing about how the media should respect the 49ers more. The truth is, the team needs to earn the respect and make it impossible for the so-called "experts" to NOT notice. Show it on the field. Win some games against highly favored teams. Dominate against lesser opposition. Play a complete season of high-caliber football. The media will be forced to show respect, and it will be done the right way... they will have earned it by their play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                        A win's a win. The Niners gave away 3 or 4 games early in the season, that if they had made a certain play or had stopped their opponent in a certain situation, they could have pulled off another couple wins.

I was at the Monday night AZ game when they were robbed by horrible officiating IMO. That game could have easily been a win as well, giving a better head to head record and division record. The Cardinals themselves were a little underrated as well, and showed it when they made a run in the playoffs, earning them some respect.
                        But it goes both ways, you cannot say, "oh they gave this game away" or the like. A win was a win for the other team. I'm just pointing out that it's easy to say, "oh we should have one this one" when any other team we just narrowly beat is saying the exact same thing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I would rather get less respect from the media. Every year the popular sleeper is horrible. SF was that last year or two years ago I forget. I would much rather a team play with a "nobody believes in us" attitude. It also makes it harder to get niners in your fantasy draft. I am hoping people are really tired of Vernon as a sleeper pick :)

Comment

• Bear signed! Let the Pascoe era begin! :)

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5325

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              But it goes both ways, you cannot say, "oh they gave this game away" or the like. A win was a win for the other team. I'm just pointing out that it's easy to say, "oh we should have one this one" when any other team we just narrowly beat is saying the exact same thing.
                              Totally, there were some wins we've had that the other team "gave away," that could be argued at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Oh yeah, it does go both ways, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

Man, I should do press conferences with all these cliches.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information