Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how some would want Ellis but didnt want Taylor. Go figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      I love how some would want Ellis but didnt want Taylor. Go figure.
      I mean, Ellis had 8 sacks last year and Taylor had 3.5...

That being said...

I think they will keep 4 OLBs:

Haralson
      Lawsom
      Ahmad Brooks
      Marques Harris

First concern is if Ellis starter over Lawsom. I have high hopes there and want to see him given a chance to rush the passer this year.

Second, a lesser concern, I like both Ahmad Brooks and I think Marques Harris could be a good strong side back up. He's an athletic guy, though undersized...

But Ellis could be a great passrusher. I could actually see this happen. Not for a longterm and/or expensive deal though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
        Wouldn't be opposed to Ellis can never have enough pass rushers
        At first I didn't like the idea. But now that I think about it, we really need a pass rush. And even though Ellis is getting up there in age, he's still decent and could provide a boost to our linebacking group...even if it is just as a role player. I do want to see if Haralson and Lawson develop though. The more experience the better.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I would take Ellis ONLY as a backup / role player that could help teach our younger OLBs. Man-Law has more talent than Ellis at this point and once he's unleashed, will start to put up the numbers we all expect out of him.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            Man-Law has more talent than Ellis at this point and once he's unleashed, will start to put up the numbers we all expect out of him.
            we've been saying that for years

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• No, from everything I've read, Singletary has gone on record saying that it is time to stop tinkering with Lawson and just let him do his thing. I really expect to see some great numbers this year from Lawson more so than I have in other years.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                we've been saying that for years
                Man-Law will put up career number this season. Plan on it.

We've also been saying that Vernon Davis is gonna break out for years as well...well maybe this is the year for both. VD has been making a lot of plays in practice and OTAs, and that Jimmy Raye is actually utilizing him as a PASS CATCHER. As I'm sure you've read, they've been using Davis as a weapon in the red zone consistently through OTAs. Sounds more promising than the last couple years where we've been more hoping for it to happen.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...eeks-work.html

Singletary said Crabtree is competitive and eager to get back to full work. He said Crabtree "about had tears in his eyes" during the team's first minicamp when Singletary told him to stop running routes.
                  you have to love that kind of passion

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I think that we can all agree that if Crabtree becomes as good as T.O. was for us, we'll be happy.

As for Lawson, they just to turn him loose and see what he can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...eeks-work.html

you have to love that kind of passion
                      I love it Idk about the rest of you guys.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Rookie TE Bear Pascoe continues to impress as this yr's Josh Morgan, the surprise new weapon in the passing attack.

In the last OTAs before the 7-30 opening of training camp Pascoe is making the circus catches & wowing Jimmy Raye & HC Singletary. From this morning's San Jose Mercury News:

Rookie tight end Bear Pascoe made the play of the day, gathering a 20-yard lob from Smith despite smothering coverage from linebacker Jeff Ulbrich. Pascoe jumped and plucked the ball off Ulbrich's back. Upon seeing the catch, the linebacker slid to the turf in disbelief.

Comment

• Crabtree recovery update

http://www.mercurynews.com/sportshea...nclick_check=1

Comment

• Some videos that aired on NFL Network yesterday:
                            Lifting with VD:
                            http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ.../Heavy-lifting
                            Running the Hill with Gore:
                            http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-franci...ng-for-success
                            Mike Martz breaking down Alex Smith:
                            http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-franci...-be-productive

Comment

• Watched them on NFL Total Access on Friday...

Martz said some very positive things about Alex Smith and Vernon Davis.

Comment

• http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...-bloom-in.html

June thoughts from Barrows

The 49ers have worked on four-receiver package this past week. There are lots of passes between 20 and 40 yards. There's even a dash of razzle dazzle thrown in. And most important, they're making progress. Two weeks ago, I watched the offense run a series of ragged red-zone plays in which it could hardly complete a single pass. This past week, they ran the same plays and missed on only one pass.
                                Hopefully we can be explosive, I'm excited about our offensive personnel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information