This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
    is it too early to say let's fire scotty?
    I think he's doing a great job this season. Had a talented draft class and we have one of the strongest WR groups we've had in years.

Comment

I dont think that it'll come to that but even if it did, I wouldnt blame McCloughan because he's done a good job assembling talent in SF.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• If this is BS and Crabtree's cousin is to blame, I know who isn't getting an invitation to the family reunion this year.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Brandon Jones out for 8 weeks according to John Crumpacker twitter:
          Big blow for the 49ers -- WR Brandon Jones out 8 weeks with a small fracture to the AC joint in right shoulder. D Zeigler up next as No. 3.
          Hope J Hill steps up and takes over the slot spot.

Comment

Maybe not for you.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              I think he's doing a great job this season. Had a talented draft class and we have one of the strongest WR groups we've had in years.
              this could be rephrased since jones is out for 2 months & we are losing a guy to next years draft.

i think he's doing decent cleaning up the garbage but we need to establish the o-line which wasn't realy addressed & get crabtree's douchbag ass in camp stat.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Brandon Jones out for 8 weeks according to John Crumpacker twitter:

It sucks to see that but I am glad we have some depth.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                  Brandon Jones out for 8 weeks according to John Crumpacker twitter:

**** My Life

Comment

this could be rephrased since jones is out for 2 months & we are losing a guy to next years draft.

i think he's doing decent cleaning up the garbage but we need to establish the o-line which wasn't realy addressed & get crabtree's douchbag ass in camp stat.
                    I dunno if you been watching sports networks but he's not going to next years draft. He claimed that threat was never made. He didn't know what Brandon Jones was gonna get injured for 2 months .. Holding that against him is quite stupid of you.

It wasn't addressed? What problem did we have? Right tackle? What did we sign? a Right Tackle.

Comment

I dunno if you been watching sports networks but he's not going to next years draft. He claimed that threat was never made. He didn't know what Brandon Jones was gonna get injured for 2 months .. Holding that against him is quite stupid of you.

It wasn't addressed? What problem did we have? Right tackle? What did we sign? a Right Tackle.
                      stupid of me? wow ok

marvel smith? same guy w/ no back injurys right....

Comment

stupid of me? wow ok

marvel smith? same guy w/ no back injurys right....
                        Yeah stupid of you..

The fact of the matter is, at that point in time the best value at RT for us was.. TA DA! Marvel Smith. He has injuries, who doesn't? He's been looking excellent in camp thus far.

Comment

Yeah stupid of you..

The fact of the matter is, at that point in time the best value at RT for us was.. TA DA! Marvel Smith. He has injuries, who doesn't? He's been looking excellent in camp thus far.
                          i won't argue that w/you but from my point i was disappointed we don't add someone of depth or go a somewhat younger route to secure depth on the line.

Comment

i won't argue that w/you but from my point i was disappointed we don't add someone of depth or go a somewhat younger route to secure depth on the line.
                            I'm sure it will be an issue this upcoming off-season but at that point in time, Smith was by far the best value at RT, as bad as that sounds. I believe, he's a stop gap solution. There's a wide variety of quality tackles in this upcoming draft so I guess we're sitting real pretty with the additional first round pick Scotty Mac pulled in.

Comment

Marvel Smith to start and Alex Boone to bring in a year or two from now seems like a pretty good way of addressing that position. (Boone just needs to keep his drinking in check for this to work out perfectly) Reaching in the draft to fill holes just gets teams in trouble. Stick with BPA there and fill holes in FA. I can see how you would evaluate BPA differently than MacGloughan but, the philsosophy is sound imo.

The mistake that may have been made is on Crabtree's priorities and the effect of his posse and that's where Jenkins may have been a better pick. We won't know that for awhile yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                                Marvel Smith to start and Alex Boone to bring in a year or two from now seems like a pretty good way of addressing that position. (Boone just needs to keep his drinking in check for this to work out perfectly) Reaching in the draft to fill holes just gets teams in trouble. Stick with BPA there and fill holes in FA. I can see how you would evaluate BPA differently than MacGloughan but, the philsosophy is sound imo.

The mistake that may have been made is on Crabtree's priorities and the effect of his posse and that's where Jenkins may have been a better pick. We won't know that for awhile yet.
                                Alex Boone? Malcolm Jenkins? You wouldn't happen to be a Buckeye fan would you? lol

Alex Boone isn't that good when he's sober, I'd much rather have him messing up while he's drunk. Malcolm Jenkins was nowhere on our radar for the 10 spot. Besides, he hasn't signed or showed up to camp at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information