Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was PRESEASON, I wouldn't read much into it. However, if by week 3 or 4, he's show NO pass rush abilities, I'd be wondering what Brooks can do in the game-time situations.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      It was PRESEASON, I wouldn't read much into it. However, if by week 3 or 4, he's show NO pass rush abilities, I'd be wondering what Brooks can do in the game-time situations.
      It wasn't a fancy blitz or anything, it was a 1-on-1 battle that he lost...every single time.

I wouldn't be worried if he was at all consistent in the regular season.

I'm not going to give up on him 100%, but he needs to step it up. Our season will depend on his (and others) pass rushers abilities.

Comment

• The Denver Broncos offense line is the best pass blocking o-line in the NFL hands-down. They only gave up only 12 sacks on over 600 pass attempts last season. The Titans also allowed only 12 sacks but they threw the ball nearly 200 fewer times.

Pass rush is still a tremendous concern of mine because the success of the defense can really hinge on it, but using the performance against the Broncos can be very misleading. Let's see what they can do the next few weeks.

Comment

• Answer to all our problems

Comment

• They waived Clayton because he torn his ACL or MCL, something like that. Guess that means Kory Sheets, someone I am excited about, is going to be the #3 guy. So, I believe we're carrying 5 backs into the season: Gore, Coffee, Robinson, Norris and Sheets.

Comment

• Waived??? Why would they waive Clayton as opposed to placing him on Injured Reserve for the season?

Comment

• We just signed this guy.. Bill Rentmeester, UDFA Wisconsin

Also, tuesday and wednesday will be the days for the joint practices with the Raiders in Napa. Should be some interesting material on chronicle live.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Waived??? Why would they waive Clayton as opposed to placing him on Injured Reserve for the season?
                  They placed him on waivers because if they just put him on IR, he'd count as a spot for the 80 man roster. By waiving him, they can place him on IR after he clears waivers and it won't take up a spot on the 80 man roster.

They're taking a risk that he won't get picked up, but seeing as how we have some RB depth im guessing they're willing to risk it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                    They placed him on waivers because if they just put him on IR, he'd count as a spot for the 80 man roster. By waiving him, they can place him on IR after he clears waivers and it won't take up a spot on the 80 man roster.

They're taking a risk that he won't get picked up, but seeing as how we have some RB depth im guessing they're willing to risk it.
                    actually, if he's on IR it doesnt count towards 80/53-man rosters (look at Walt Harris). they did an injury waiver, where, if he is not taken off the waivers by someone, he goes to the Niners' IR list.

They have to take care of his injury because it happened in a game. Unless they reach an injury settlement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      actually, if he's on IR it doesnt count towards 80/53-man rosters (look at Walt Harris). they did an injury waiver, where, if he is not taken off the waivers by someone, he goes to the Niners' IR list.

They have to take care of his injury because it happened in a game. Unless they reach an injury settlement.
                      Harris was injured in OTA's and placed on IR before TC. Once it's TC rules are different.

If the 49ers had just placed Clayton on injured reserve without the "waived" designation, he still would have counted against the team's 80-man limit until the first cutdown day (Sept. 5).
                      http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...n-ender-1.html

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                        Harris was injured in OTA's and placed on IR before TC. Once it's TC rules are different.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...n-ender-1.html
                        Hmm, interesting. I think the important thing is that it doesnt effect the 53 man roster, which is the only one that counts.

EDIT: from twitter

Originally posted by http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco/status/3354981323
                        Thomas Clayton was waived/injured. If he hadn't been waived, just placed on IR, he would've counted on 49ers' 80-man roster until Sept. 1.
                        Last edited by Brent; 08-16-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Apparently.. The 49ers-Raiders joint practices have been a series of Frisco beat downs. A Raider writer reported, Frank Gore completely de-cleated Ricky Brown on a blocking drill. Justin Smith used Zach Miller as a blocking sled and Manny Lawson was showing the Raiders O-Line what he used to do at NC State.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            Apparently.. The 49ers-Raiders joint practices have been a series of Frisco beat downs. A Raider writer reported, Frank Gore completely de-cleated Ricky Brown on a blocking drill. Justin Smith used Zach Miller as a blocking sled and Manny Lawson was showing the Raiders O-Line what he used to do at NC State.
                            Yes, I've read a lot about this happening as well. It is the RAIDERS though.... Too bad we weren't doing this to the Steelers in joint practices. Still, it's not bad news though.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              Yes, I've read a lot about this happening as well. It is the RAIDERS though.... Too bad we weren't doing this to the Steelers in joint practices. Still, it's not bad news though.
                              I just like the fact that how we padded up earlier than most teams SEEMS to be paying off as the Niners are seemingly playing more physical than the Raiders. Let's hope this translates to the field.

Comment

• Some of the tweets from the morning practice:
                                Originally posted by Tim Kawakami
                                Prob wasn't a coincidence that Al Davis was staring at Raiders D vs. 49ers O whole time. He could tell results by 49ers' D whooping, anyway.

I think 49ers CB Nate Clements, after one of his 3 INTs, summed it up best: "They can't compete with us!" Wasn't braggadocio.

This is covered many other Twitter places, but I was at 49ers' defensive destruction of Raiders O this morning. Astounding dominance.
                                Originally posted by John Crumpacker
                                N Clements, D Bly called it the greatest defensive practice they've ever been involved with in their careers. Bly called it a buffet.
                                Originally posted by Mike Sliver
                                it's a good thing raider fans aren't allowed to witness their worst nightmare: niners talking major trash in napa, and kicking ass
                                Originally posted by Matt Maiocco
                                Niners defense is destroying Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information