This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    Apparently.. The 49ers-Raiders joint practices have been a series of Frisco beat downs. A Raider writer reported, Frank Gore completely de-cleated Ricky Brown on a blocking drill. Justin Smith used Zach Miller as a blocking sled and Manny Lawson was showing the Raiders O-Line what he used to do at NC State.
    Loving it that he 9ers are having their way with the Raiders in Napa. Maybe Cable will sucker punch another asst.

Intrasquad fisticuffs among the Raiders is no jk, happens more than all the other 31 teams added together. Shane Lechler got clocked in the face by a 340-pound lineman last yr. b/c he was complaining & saying he wanted out on a return flt. from one of their many road losses. I think Al Davis freaking encourages it, gives out bonuses for locker room smackdowns. Jim Rome said Cable did it b/c Jansen was ratting him out to Davis -- isn't that p/o any Raider asst's job description?

When they meet this weekend watch & see if the Raiders hospitalize or put on IR at least a 9er or 2, it's a Raider tradition.
    Last edited by LizardState; 08-19-2009, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• I think if Tom Cable tried that with Mike Singletary.. he could have be on the receiving end of a beatdown.

Comment

I think if Tom Cable tried that with Mike Singletary.. he could have be on the receiving end of a beatdown.
        "Can't do it... can't win with 'em."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• This upcoming game.. I want to see some hits. I know, its preseason but it wouldn't hurt to show some the physicality that's been going on in practice.

Comment

• Eric Green signed:
            http://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/3418620487
            Eric Green agrees to terms on 1-year deal in San Fran hours after corner was cut loose in Miami.
            Scotty Mac really wanted Eric Green because I remember he tried to sign him back in April.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              Eric Green signed:

Scotty Mac really wanted Eric Green because I remember he tried to sign him back in April.
              HAHA oh man. You all really that desperate for corner? He sucked last year with the Cards and he sucked with us ever since we signed him. I mean Troy Williamson looked like a star player going up against this guy. Even Jason "im a bust" Allen is outplaying him. Good luck with Green.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Eric Green signed:

He's probably fighting for the 5th CB spot with Marcus Hudson. Our top 4 CB's are pretty much locked in.

I think Hudson will beat out Green though. He played very well against Denver.

Comment

Eric Green signed
                  good bye hudson, gebus this out of ******* left field.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                    HAHA oh man. You all really that desperate for corner? He sucked last year with the Cards and he sucked with us ever since we signed him. I mean Troy Williamson looked like a star player going up against this guy. Even Jason "im a bust" Allen is outplaying him. Good luck with Green.
                    It's not like he's gonna start for us.

Comment

It's not like he's gonna start for us.
                      So? He wasnt gonna start for us either and Parcells still kicked his ass out the door. He wasnt even good enough to be the 4th/5th corner. Maybe your coaching staff can get something out of him.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

So? He wasnt gonna start for us either and Parcells still kicked his ass out the door. He wasnt even good enough to be the 4th/5th corner. Maybe your coaching staff can get something out of him.
                        If it makes you feel better, he probably won't make the team.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

But you were talking like we needed him desperately to play at corner for us.

Comment

• This from today's SF Chronicle Sporting Green:

The parade of picks by the SF secondary was ... an expression of joyous thievery.

"They were feeding us good today," said CB Dre Bly. "That buffet was good"

SF defenders had 5 INTs from Jamarcus Russell & Gradkowski, with Clements getting one from each. The Gradkowski pick came when he was covering Raiders' top pick Darrius Heyward-Bey. Clements was the star of the day with 3 INTs & a pass broken up.

Sounds like they really took DHB to school.

Bly & Clements have a combined 18 yrs. NFL experience & both called the morning session the best practice in which they've ever taken part...."Our swagger was there -- we were whooping & hollering."

Rookie LB Diyral Briggs who's trying to make the roster at OLB had an INT just by following Russell's eyes for the leaping grab.

Cable took the blame for the pisspoor Raiders showing, saying he told Russell to "cut it loose" vs. playing it safe.

The Raiders also cut veteran FB Lorenzo Neal to make room for FS Rashad Baker.

Comment

• Were looking really good this offseason.
                              but i got two questions:
                              1) do you guys still want to sign crabtree?
                              2) do you think brit miller and reggie smiths position changes help the team?
                              San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                              Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
                                1) do you guys still want to sign crabtree?
                                Absolutely. Not only is he a tremendously talented player but why would I want the team to have wasted a 1st round pick on a player that never signs???

Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
                                2) do you think brit miller and reggie smiths position changes help the team?
                                The Reggie Smith move was a no-brainer IMO. I don't know why they didn't do it last season. As for Miller, I won't read too much into his two TD catches as he wasn't even covered. He is about as raw as possible as a prospect and his lack of experience as a blocking back could keep him off the final roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information